Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: LONDON NEWS

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > LOTR Prequel > LONDON NEWS   
I hope I am not out of line here...I just wanted to say a few words abouytmy home city, London....things have neen preety scary here the last few days...we hope things are calming down now....it makes you think about all the big questions...the thing that came to mind, was the scouring of the Shire...the hobbits return home to find their beloved homeland trashed..Frodo takes a pacifist view...he refuses to take part in the fighting...Merry says, "you won't change things just by being shocked & sad, Frodo..." I can see both points of view...but I am afraid i agree with Marry; if my family or loved one's are threatened , i will fight....I just wish I had the Hobbit's courage. I wish this had never happened in my time...but as a famous Wizard once said.."That is not for us to decide ...all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us..." Beyond all the fighting, though, I pray for healing, for reconciliation...we have to become one people again.. I take my inspiration from The Professor, and from you great people on PT, who i love so much.... iT would be such a comfort to us now to know your thoughts and prayers are with us..... Love to all.

yes, i sympathize with you for those who are stuck in the middle of all this rioting and i hope you and your family and friends stay safe an soon enough London is back to how it was! 

Hi Alana.  Our thoughts are with you from Australia.  Hard to believe that this is happening to your wonderful City/ Country.  The troubles will heal and hopefully the cause will be routed out and cleansed.  We had a race riot in Sydney a couple of years back.  It shook the country to the core.  As Australians all, living in a truly multicultural land we are still learning, as will London.

I hope that you and all of your family & friends are all safe and ok.  There is always hope...

I wonder what our professor would think of all the upheavel in London, in England these days. Would he tremble with horror and feel grief for all the young that must face that which they did not ask for, or would he sigh and remember words he had penned in LOTR and remember that he said that evil would always have a hand in life on this earth until the end of time. My prayers are with all those going through fearful times anywhere on earth.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts & prayers...they mean so much to us,,,you are all so kind....

This City has lasted 2000 years, since the time of the Romans, and it is not going to die now...not on our watch....

Love to you all.....

You are right, Alana, to remember Gandalf's words at this juncture.  Those are important words.  Believe me also when I say we here in Kansas, USA, will pray for you and dear England.

Gandalf

Awwhh...Gandalf_Olorin,... thank you so much....LeeLee, Brego, LadyAlliss...your words mean so much.....I love you guys.....

We are recovering here...good is coming out of evil....the good people are coming together to heal.....some more words of The Professor come to me......

"In the end the shadow is just a passing thing,,,,there is a high & ancient beauty that is forever beyond it's reach....."

Love to you all...

Sadly, given half a chance, there are many people who return to a primitive state given the merest whiff of an opportunity. Amazing how many humans there are who would place themselves above the animals in the natural hierarchy of things, and yet animals would never behave in this pointless and horrific manner. The thugs and thieves among them, of course, are no more than criminals. The communists and fascists (the same kind of creature in my opinion) have joined in and done what they could do to help create further chaos, that is, agitate for violence and pretend they have the Working Class interest at heart. Sad all round. Tolkien would be appalled, but he had seen plenty of this kind of thing before and would have turned a resigned eye upon it all, I'm sure.