Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Name Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > The Name Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] >>
Naw, a blacksmith knows you are supposed to strike the iron when it is cot.
No, no Grondy I saw the horse hot down the lane.
Unhuh, the salmon is a type of large trot that spends its mid-life in the briny sea; while beginning and ending in freshwater.
Oh, I thought a trout was what you mummy gave you when you were naughty. (hope I got the right word Grondy!!!)
(Yes, you have the right word Maymarion, but I have yet to figure out yours.)
hint cl first....
(Thanks, I needed that, my Scottish is rather limited.)

No, a clout is is made up of tiny particles of moisture that is blown whither the wind may blow.
Noooo, a cloud is a large gathering of people.
Naw, after a rooster wakes up and noisily greets the sun in the morning, one can say it has crowd.
When the teacher yelled at the class, every last student felt crowed.
No, the horse cowed the barge up the canal to the next lock and then waited within the closed gates for the water to raise prior to moving off again.
No , no the students bowed as the theacher entered the room.(Am I doing it rigth ?)
Not quite:
Quote:
Use the form:
No, a (or to) Word A is a (or to) Definition B
No, a (or to) Word B is a (or to) Definition C
No, a (or to) Word C is a (or to) Definition D
No, a (or to) Word ...
So you should have said:

No , no the students towed as the teacher entered the room.

and then I could say:

Naw, every Saturday morning, except in the winter or when it rained, the man bowed his lawn.
Definatly not. the man struggled with his heavy mowed.(lil off, sorry)
Not a problem because it rhymes; we want it to rhyme or be within one or two letters from the previous word. Rhymes are neat bucause the can lead us to a new set (family) of letters.

Nuh uh, a load doesn't have webbed feet like a frog does.
No no no no, the seamstress toad her hems.
Never did, what she did was put her left foot forward and just sewed the line.
Ohhhh, that's soo cute the wittle baby toed out the wittle candles on the birthday cake.... (hope I've spelt it right toed??)
Never, the mouse ran across the floor leaving footprints that blowed with a sickly green phosphorescence.
actually i beleive it snowed last night
i love this game!!
tubby kinda confused me, ill pretend he didnt say nything

no, i glowed my teachers lawn last week
*ahem* i'm a she elrose not a he.
ummmm
o

sorry Smile Smilie
i never read that gender idetification thread, mayb i should.....
I'll add her to that thread as soon as I get this game back on track.

Un huh, Tubby_took_greenleaf meant to say: Did not, I believe it mowed last night, for everything was all covered in white.

And I'll say:

Nope, when the bus approached the railroad crossing it snowed to a stop; the driver looked both ways; and seeing no approaching train, proceeded across.

Okay Ms Tubby_took_greenleaf has been added to the first post listing in The Gender Indentification Thread. You may PM me with the gender of anyone I've I've missed listing there.
noo Mr. Slowed was a reall bad driver
No, a person with a bad back, often can't or shouldn't carry a heavy Toad.
Did you know it only takes one load of garlic to keep the vampires away. (I changed it a bit as we seemed to be getting onto the same words - hope that's ok?) Wink Smilie
i cooked dinner on the clove
Naw, a quarterstaff is one type of stove.

Changing it a bit is fine, especially as sometimes it is quite necessary because we can get stuck without a very good choice of replacement word for the next one. Our rules may be bent within reason as long as it isn't done when there were plenty of good choices left. Happy Elf Smilie
nope tostick is wot i do to popsicles

(there is that two letter chnage thingy right?)
Nope, "stave" is what I was after, but I can stick with stick, except it takes a lot of lick to win the lottery.
nooo, i shot a luck yesterday

(actually, ive never hunted before....)
Oh, the poor thing. Orc Sad Smilie When playing hockey, the object is to get the duck past the goalee and into the net.
nooope one day i was walking and i pucked a flower
Uh huh, I was sewing a button on my shirt and picked my finger with the needle.
I think you mean that a clock or a watch goes prick, like prick-prock.
Did you see on the news that a boat has been sunk in Florida, for divers, but it had to been cleaned first so there wouldn't be an oil tick
no, i think fishes breath with their spills
naw aw, after i ate that giant burger i was sooooooooo gill
Oops, Tubby, please read the rules, your word doesn't seem to rhyme or have a spelling similar to "tick" or "slick" which was the intended word. But don't take it personal, just try to do better next time. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Well, Sam's favorite pony went by the name of Ill.

Quote:
Did you see on the news that a boat has been sunk in Florida, for divers, but it had to been cleaned first so there wouldn't be an oil tick?
One of my first jobs was designing and drawing the plans to install a new hot water tank in the sick bay on that ship (the ex-aircraft carrier Oriskany) that they sank as an artificial reef off the shore of Pensacola, Florida yesterday.
no, Bill was what someone did to lincoln
Geez, i thought kill was what they did to animals during taxidermy.
Quote:
One of my first jobs was designing and drawing the plans to install a new hot water tank in the sick bay on that ship (the ex-aircraft carrier Oriskany) that they sank as an artificial reef off the shore of Pensacola, Florida yesterday.

How did you feel after seeing it being sunk, Grondy?

Did you know Asteroth, that you can grow pretty flowers in a box on your window kill
No, peace and quiet is when there is no hubbub and everthing is sill, like not moving.

I had no feelings about the controlled sinking of the Oriskany, as I had become numbed when they cut up for scrap almost all the submarines I had ever helped overhaul. At least they turned my favorite one, the USS Blueback (SS 581) into a museum. Over the years I helped overhaul it three times and a lot of my designed work remains aboard it, if you were to look hard emough.
well to still is to get really hungy..like really hungy
OOC Is anyone else stumped?...I am thinking starve, but that doesn't seem close enough.
Yes, Grondy is stumped too and I think he's pulled another Elrose on us, so I'll continue on from his 'still'.

Naw, a horse often sleeps in its still.
No, I remember from my childhood, riding those quarter machine horses at the stall.
No, in cricket as well as basemall you use a bat to hit the mall.
Yeah, and I know this guy who is so ball he has so bend down when walking through doorways so that he doesn't bump his head.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] >>