Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Name Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > The Name Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] >>
All swords have kilts.
'The hilts are alive with the sound of music.'
Hint: Julie Andrews
I wear a coat to prevent getting the hills in the wintertime.
Another song using the tune of 'Greensleeves' is 'What Chill's This,' which is sung at Chyristmastide.
no, the weather in califonia is usually child

i love this game..
Even it's mild when the kids ....
Long time no see Elrose ..Good seeing you
When flowers need water they always wild.

I adjusted Mellon's above post to keep the game going as my dictionary didn't have a definition for "wilde", which word also didn't fit Elrose's definiton.
To wilt your fiancÚ is to send him a 'Dear John' letter, to give him the ring back, or to leave him at the alter.
from the borrough: do what thou wilte and mete it shall be!

From Allah!
Huh?

Jack and Jilt went up the hill to fetch a pail of water.
but Jack got bored and fancied some toast, so he put on his chef's hat, found some bread and lit the Jill...
You know the grill, you've practiced it a hundred times and now can do it in your sleep
But if you're having trouble sleeping, just take a sleeping drill.
A funny, but violent movie with lots of sword play was Pill Bill.
Someone always have to pay the kill.
Some good advice: Never make a mountain out of a molebill.
Before his dangerous journey, he wrote his last hill.
I like the salty-sour pickels flavored with will.
Many years ago Cliff Richard song about his Living Dill.
When one say's "She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer" they either mean she's not very bright, or she is rather doll.
In Spain it's considered an art killing a dull!
A puck is to hockey as a bull is to rugby.
He was pushed and ball of the cliff.

False or thruth; is it necessecary with a ball in a rugby-match?
Make a wish, toss a coin into the wishing fell, and maybe your wish will come true.
The prisonor returned to his well.
He made a phone cell to inform his employer that he would be an hour late for work and would be staying late to make up the time, if that was acceptable.
He is a giant broad and call, one to have on your side in a fight.
When each of the three Billy Goats Gruff arrived at the bridge, they found waiting there a bean-counting Troll, who stated "To cross my bridge you must pay the tall".
And we are still arguing about who invented the Rock'n'Toll!
'Rolling on floor laughing' is often abbreviated as "roll".
I don't quite take your point sir Grondy, you have to hint us again!
lol Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Look at the initial letter of my four word quote. Elf Winking Smilie
They tried again and again to rofl him and at last they succeeded, he exploded in anger.

I wasn't ready for abbrevations, but now I see a speck of light. Very Big Grin Smilie Angel Smilie
Now you've got me. Elf Confused Smilie How many letters have changed and how many changed position, if any? I'm at a complete loss this time.
One letter is changed. The three others are in same position.

We still have a four letter-word, but this being a family-link, not a nasty one!

Another sentence:

My roommate's off-putting habits began to rofl me. Good and Evil Smilie Angel Smilie Good and Evil Smilie
Ah, I had only used that word for what boiling water does; I missed that specific definition. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

An ÚpeÚ is a heavy roil used in fencing.
As the saying goes: "A watched pot never foils"
To store his lines neatly, the seaman forms them into boils.
And of course you put all your coils in your piggy bank, don't you?
When one coins a new club, they become a new member of that club.
A joins is the location at which two or more bones make contact
The joint is the sharp end of the needle.
He was the last one in the neighbourhood to point his house yellow.
Grandmother brought out her smelling salts for the young woman who felt paint.
The State of Paine is a state in the New England region of the northeastern United States of America.
Elf With a Big Grin Smilie I had been looking for faint, but no matter.

A naval-soldier is usually caled a maine. (add a letter)
A marine is one who navigates or assists in navigating a ship.

So you have to add another letter!
Some one who adds the blank edges around the borders of a text page might be called a mariner. (add another letter) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

An extremely small change, may give a marginar increase
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] >>