Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Name Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > The Name Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] >>
nope, choose is what my knee did after I crashed into my desk...
Nope, bruise is what we do driving arrownd in a car,,,

No, cruise is what you do with an object.
(What kind of an object, a thingy, a whatchamacallit, a wozname? Come on, please give us a little more to work with here.) Or maybe I'm just daft, because I know of little that you can't do with an object. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
No USE is forty winks, a quick nap, a bit of shut eye...

(Honestly Grondy, the amount of old C64 text based games you've played I'd have thought you'd have got that one.)
No snooze is is when you in a state were you can't comprehend things.
hmm, can you give a hint Ross? Unless, of course, someone smarter than me knows the answer Cool Smilie
No, confused is when you get a bruise. (Quite a tough one!) Disturbed Smilie
No, two objects that are contused are joined together in some fashion.
Well done Prog. For anyone who doesn't know, the correct medical name for a bruise is soft tissue contusion.
Naw, conduced is to overcrowd; to fill to excess.
No, a harrow is a contraption used to move a heavy load; usually having one wheel, a pair of lifting handles, and a platform or tub on which to place the load.
Okay my word was congest.

Let us start with a new word.

Nope, narrow is what Legolas shoots with his bow.
Nope, to arrow is to inflict great stress or worry upon.
No a Barrow is a tight speeze.
Quote:
No a Barrow is a tight speeze.
Nope Marrow (darned if I know Ross) is a deep sadness, a grief.
Hi I'm back!

no, a burrow is a trench that you plant seeds in
Nopr, to furrow is to walk behind.
Nay, a tamollow is a Mexican dish with meat and sauce in a polenta wrapping.

Sorry I couln't resist this one, and I appologize in advance to anyone who takes umbrage over my stereotypical use of the asiatic pronunciation of the answer to yesterdays definition.
Naw, protons are those herb flavored bits of toast you often find on your salad.

Asteroth: Your crown idea was a good one, keep it in mind for later; we might end up needing it. Happy Elf Smilie

[Edited on 7/5/2003 by Grondmaster]
Nope, a tamale is ...

:elfembar: Okay, I can't think of one either. Let us go back to single sylable words which a make for a better game.

No, a hook is legions of letters suspended in a sea of paper.
Nah, a book is a little alcove where you might stick a knick-knack or two.
NO NO silly, a NOOK is a little stream, you know...where you go fishin for Trout.
I don't know aboutnow, but in my day houses were made of brooks.
Naw, bricks is just another name for streams like brooks.
No, crick is when you aren't feeling well....you know. "I'm too crick, can't go to work today." Or when something is really disgusting...you say...that just makes me CRICK!"
Nope, sick is what you say when something is really disgusting.
(Grondy what do you mean? I say "sick" when I find something disgusting sometimes)
Nope, that superglue was so icky I had to have my fingers surgically separated when I acidentally stuck them together

[Edited on 2/3/2003 by Arwen*Evenstar*]
Quote:
(Grondy what do you mean? I say "sick" when I find something disgusting sometimes)
That is true Gilvala, but you also might say "ick". Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

No, "sticky, sticky, sticky" is what you say when someone points out a nit or a mote in your work.
No, you see a compact tisk ?? is one of those shiney circular thingies that have music on them.
No, risk is what the wind can be on a cold morning.
No, brisk is what the police do when they pat you down, looking for weapons.
Naw, k*ssed it what you get if you get if you drink too much alcohol.
Nope, p*ssed is the same as having put someone down.
Nope, a dissed is just wetter than fog.
No, mist (? - I think that one's been used already so I have a suspicion I might be wrong) is what you did to the ball that went straight through to the stumps.

(wow, Grondy.... there's a really talkative bunch over here, isn't there?)
Naw, missed is the noise my cat made she saw the dog and raised her hackles.

(Yes, we have kept this thread going for over a year and I sometimes forget to go back and check the old answers to preclude duplications; however, the occasional one must be excused. Sometimes we also have ran out of similies and have had to start over. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

[Edited on 25/3/2003 by Grondmaster]
Asteroth: To lessen your confusion, here is the game format:

No, Word A = Definition B (Words A and B must rhyme or spell similarly)
No, Word B = Definition C (Words B and C should ...)
No, Word C = Definition D (Words C and D should ...)

Nope, hissed is what my girlfriend did to me in the prom night.

No, to kissed is to wrap two things around each other, also The Kissed was an ancient dance promoted by Chubby Checker.

No, it list is how a cat takes a bath with its tongue.
No, kick is how I feel when my temperature is 102C.
Asteroth:
Explain it simple, hmmm?

Quote:

The word missed does not fit the definition: the noise my cat made (when) whe saw the dog and raised her hackles.
We know the word which fits that definition is hissed.
So the next person takes the word hissed then gives it a definition which fits another word which ryhmes with hissed:

Quote:
Nope, hissed is what my girlfriend did to me in the prom night.

We know that kissed not hissed fits the definition of: what my girlfriend did to me in the prom night.

So not you take the correct word kissed and put with it the definition of another word that rhymes:

Quote:
No, to kissed is to wrap two things around each other, also The Kissed was an ancient dance promoted by Chubby Checker

In this case the word which matches this definition is twist
...and so on and so on and....

I hope that clarifies it. It is one of those things that is really hard to explain in simple terms.
fraid not, Rhodry, prick is what how I like my bread cut.
Whoops, I deleted Asteroth's post by mistake. Anyway I recovered it so here it is:

Quote:
Ok! After Nell explained the game to me (It took quite a while for me to understand) i now know how to play and wanna join.Here;

Nope, Dick is what my house is built of...(Stupid)
Our trusty language filter altered Asteroth's answer as we must actually substitute D*ck with Richard. However, yes I do believe you've got it, Asteroth.

No, brick is the action I do with my computer mouse.
Quote:
Nope, a new click is something you can't teach an old dog!

No, a trick is a baby hen.

Now Ringfacwen, your response can fit in here:

Quote:
Nah, a chick is that twangy taste in a cherry coke.

Nope, stick is how you move something from your fingernail to the wall. To make a light, quick snapping stroke with (a whip, etc.).
I saw a flick of birds in my garden yesterday.
Naw, if it looks like a dock, and quacks like a dock, and it waddles like a dock, it probably is a dock.
no, a duck is that noise that the chicken makes or maybe its the noise that a duck makes when it's feeling sick, but I think chickens usually make that noise
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] >>