Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Finish the sentence fool!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > Finish the sentence fool!   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] >>
...before drums go drumming and that's when the Saints comes marching in...

... "the scent had borne him back to the day he had lit his little fire under the sunny bank; and for the moment all else between was out of....."
.....a dream about this cowboy and his horse racing away from a wildfire that was gaining on them.

Then Tom and Goldberry set the table; and the hobbits sat half in wonder and half in....
....... a hole in the walll; very much trying to be another brick in the wall.

"He walked briskly back to his hole, and stood for a moment listening with a smile to the din in the pavillion and yo ....."
.....hear the sounds of happy termites feasting on the timbers propping up the ceilings and halls of Bag End.

'Quietly, Sam!' said Frodo. 'He can smell us, perhaps....
you should'nt have bougth that smelly deodorant
Aragorn looked at Arwen when he told her not to...
...tell her grandchildren how much older she was than their grandfather.

"The company set out again with good speed at first, but soon their way........"

.....was slowed when they hit the a wandering deer that crossed the turnpike in front of them and ended up as a hood ornament.

'I am not made for perilous quests. I wish I had.....
joined the World Athletic Championship without four servants to carry me around the Marathon track.

"They made Frodo have another drink, and then begin his song again, while many of them...."
.....mimiced his performance and laughing behind his back at this hayseed from that backwater known as the Shire.

'Coming, Sir!' came the answer from far within, followed soon by Sam himself, wiping his mouth. He had been saying farewell to.....
Rosey who he new he wouldnt be ablke to see for a long time

all that is gold does not glitter, not all
.....that glitters is shoddy merchandise, it may be a diamond or a high quality zirconium.

So it was that in the Third Age Orcs used for communication..... - from Page 457 of movie cover Ballantine paperback edition of RotK.
"little cups on string."

"By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you....." from ROTK. speaker: Aragorn.
.....Three No Trump!" and as an aside to himself, "Because I don't think we have enough power to go for a Small Slam."

"Even Gollum was not wholly ruined. He had proved tougher than even one of the...." - Said by Gandalf to Frodo in 'The Shadow of the Past'.
.... persons waiting for a cab a Saturday night, drunk as bat and without any money

"But master has gone to sleep, and perhaps Sam wants to....." Smeagol to Sam on their way to Mordor.
..... slope off the the tavern for a beer?

'You saw and heard nothing, Anborn?' Faramir asked of the latest comer.
'Well, no, Lord,' said the man. 'No Orc at least. But I saw, or thought I saw.....'
The 'Sneak' slips away like a black squirrel in 'The Window on the West'.
.. an Amazonic Army having a strip show before attacking some lame striken Norwegian Berserks on their rocky road to Vallhalla.

"Then they turned aside again, to the right, and came quickly to a small river in a narrow gorge, it was the same stream that...."
...they had come to three times before in the same spot. Obiously they had gotten themselves lost.

'If they come to bargain for our goods at Helm's Gate, they will.....
.. be very sorry, not to mention very sore-footed because I've moved our garage-sale to the estate of the Brandybucks in the Shire.!

"Because they are real horses; just as the black robes are real robes that they wear to give shape to their ......."
.....empty thoughts that fill the void between their invisible ears, which sit beside and slightly behind their smouldering red eyeballs that glare at their victims.

He was thinking of the fabled Cracks of Doom and the terror of.... (- from 'The Shadow of the Past')
.....Lobelia Sackville-Baggins and her umbrella, which in this dream happened to be pink.

'I sat at night by the waters of Anduin, in the grey dark under the young pale moon, watching.....'

"....the little fish as they swam to get away from the shark that was trying to eat them all."

All you have to decide is...-Gandalf in Moria
......Which team you'll support through the National Cup ,how to turn Frodo into a running quarterback and a proper place to store the grand trophy.

"For you know the power of that thing which is now destroyed; and all that was done......" Queen Arwen to Frode at the fountain as they were parting before she gave him the star gem
.....by Gollum in his quest to evade Master Samwise's endeavours to protect you, and towards regaining that which he had lost to Bolbo. All the while wishing he had more of those fishes from the secret pool, to which he could never return.

Cold be hand and heart and bone,
and cold be sleep under stone:
never more to wake on stoney bed,
never, till the Sun fails and the.....
- The barrow wight's chant
.....Dark Lord's wed.

"Shelter!' muttered Sam. 'If this is shelter, then one wall and no roof make a.....'
....garage where I can put my new "Limmo", Sam my poor horsey and my family in law who recently are looking for new housing!

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken;
The crownless again shall...."
Elf Smilie

.....inherit the earth and all the little cuddly things that inhabit it."

"The roads were paved with stone-flags, dark and hard; and beside their borders instead of trees there marched....." - from 'The Road to Isengard' in The Two Towers.
......thousands of crazy rooligans from the Danish football gang, waving their purple banners, singing their jolly fan-songs; enjoying life.

"I have kicked my heels at the door of my master's chamber for many slow hours, while he debated with Gandalf and...." - Pippin to Bergond during the siege of Gondor
.....and feasted upon such delicacies as humming bird tongues, pickled snake eyes, marinated shoe leather, sauteed puppy dog tails, and other similar dainties.

It was early April and the sky was now clearing after heavy rain. The sun was down, and a pale cool evening was quietly..... - 'Shadow of the Past' in FotR
....over; and a fiercy wild night started with a glowing moon, Gandalfian fireworks, dwarves drumbeating, and the elvish orchestras loud and clear calling every hobbit into a heavy jenka dancing party; such a night! Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie

"Our names and our business are our own, and this does not seem a good place ....."
.....to set up shop toward selling them to the locals, who are such provincials that they wouldn't appreciate the bargains they were offered, were we to do so.

'Then you are going to fly,' said Pippin. 'You won't..... - from FotR 'A Shortcut to Mushrooms'
... need the car tonight, so I'll offer Frodo, Sam, Strider and Merry a ride to Bree, where we'll find the waterholes and paint the town red.

"Tall ships and tall kings
Three times three
What brought they from the foundered land
Over the flowing sea?
Seven stars and seven stones
And one white....
- Gandalf to Pippin in Two Towers
...Owl Cigar.
(But she might have been happier with 'a book of verse, a loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou.)

We did not come here to waste words in treating with Sauron, faithless and accursed; still less with..... - from RotK 'The Black Gate Opens.

the managment of Chelsea "Football" Club, who always are to willing to buy new players to secure their staff of baby-sitters!

"I am proud, Lord of the Mark, to bear your devices", he said, "Indeed sooner would I bear a horse, than be...." - Gimli to king Theoden in The Two Towers
.....the bearer of a barely bare, 'Brer Bear'.

"I am going to disappear," He (Bilbo) said. "I shall draw the spiders off, if I can; and you must....." - from The Hobbit 'Flies and Spiders
..... call them back to defend us in case the foretold invasion of flies really are to come.

"Since we passed through the Argonath my choices have....." - Aragorn to Legolas in Two Towers
.....she loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, she loves not. Dang! Why can't I find one of those common three leaf-clovers instead of all these four-leaf ones."

The hobbits under the spell of Tom's words may have missed one meal or many, but..... - from FotR 'In the House of Tom Bombadil'
........... never, ever a drop of Tom's honey-tasting but dangerous brew!

"But what about these Tree-men, these giants, as you might ......." Sam to Ted Sandyman in The Fellowship Of the Ring
.....call them; do you think they might like to buy a poppy in honor of those hobbits who died in the
Battle of Bywater?

.....said Gandalf. 'I rode fast and far. But here beside the mound I will say this for your comfort: many fell in the Battles of the Fords, but fewer..... - from TTT 'The Road to Isengard'
..than you've dreamed of have the ability to escape from a tidious real life situation and instead join in and be victorious in a p.c.-game.

"You seem to have been doing well, Master Took", said Merry,"you will get almost a chapter in old Bilbo's book, if ever I ......." Merry in The Two Towers
.....can figure out how to open up this can of beans with only my teeth.

A gleam of light came straight through the opening into the bay and..... - from The Hobbit 'On the Doorstep']
...and thereby blinding the Blues Brothers on their way to entertain in Queen Arwen's Wedding.

"This is your realm, and the heart of the greater realm that shall be. The third Age of the world is ended, and the new age is...." - Gandalf to Aragorn in The Return of the King
.....coming when people will travel (don't laugh) in horseless carriages, fly through the air on metalic wings, and travel underwater below the great expanses of the oceans. Well, if you believe all that, how about this: Man will someday walk on the moon which isn't made out of green cheese.

'Well, here we are, and here we must pass another night,' said Boromir. 'We need sleep, and even if Aragorn had a mind to pass.....' - from FotR 'The Great River'
.... even if he has enought cards and points to play six spades.

"I will do as you bid. But I will now tell the true story, and if some here have heard me tell it otherwise....." Bilbo at Elronds Council in FotR
.....the bid was actually five spades and we went down two tricks because my stupid partner I trumped my Ace of Hearts with his Jack of Spades.

'I shot at him with the bow of Galadriel above Sarn Gebir, and I'.....
... hit him more than eight times a row, but of course the catwoman got away as she always does, why can't I get it right the ninth and tenth time, I have to practise.

"You bid me mind my own affairs, and get me back home and let you be. Boromir will tell all......"
Frodo to Faramir, The Window on the West (TTT)
That was actually said by Faramir who was not appeased by Frodo's previous reply as to who he was and what he was doing in Ithilien. Howsomever, I'll see if I can make a sow's ear out of it. (Like my music that I make sow's ears out of the Baroque Masters' silk purse musical scores.) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

..... to stuff it up your pipe and smoke it, so pull my other leg, why don't you."

'Nay! It's not one of them ruffians,' Sam heard the farmer [Cotton] say. ]It's a hobbit by the size of it, but all dressed up.....' - from RotK 'The Scouring of the Shire'.
like Julian Clary!

''These are Daeron's Runes, such as were used of old in Moria. Here is written in the tongues...''
of Beorn's people about how a long-haired naughty little girl terrorised a family of three nice innocent bears, invading their home.

"But our whole life for months has been one long meddling in the affairs of......." Pippin to Merry in The Palantir (TTT)
.....those nice little pigs that wanted three diverse designs for their domiciles and our architectural firm provided them with construction plans for houses built of straw, sticks, and brick."

'Just this, my dear old Frodo: you are miserable, because......' - FotR 'A Conspiracy Unmasked'
......you couldn't obtain tickets to the grand Show in Bree where Pippin performed songs from his Elf-, Dwarf- and Bombadil-reptoir.

"I cannot imagine what information could be more terrifying than your hints and warnings," exclaimed Frodo, "I knew that danger lay a head of course; but I did not expect to.... - Three is company (FotR)
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] >>