Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Quote Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > Quote Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>
Oh wow that could be anyone. I might've even said that sometime... Wink Smilie

hehe lol Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Yeah, I think it was Mark Twain too, come on Tommie, put us out of misery Wink Smilie
Yes, Mark Twain is the answer to Tommie's.

Pere's is harder: for Mandy Rice-Davies said it with a capital H, while a whole hoaf of people (including John Lennon) said it in the middle of a sentence with a lower-case h.
Sorry I've been away so long, I forgot all about this thread. Shame on me! It was Mark Twain. (of course)

So who goes next then?
I suppose Nilgaerien will....
Okay, if Nil hasn't posted by tomorrow evening, I suggest someone else gives us a new quote to guess. When she does turn up, she can always still introduce the one she has waiting for us. Animated Wink Smilie
*coughs* Another quote coming up.... Ok, here it is:

Quote:
"Rightly said!" cried .........., rising.
". . . Nay, though all things must come utterly to an end in time, Gondor shall not perish yet. . . There are still other fastnesses. . . Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where grass is green."
I could be very wrong since it's been over a year since I last read the books, but I think it sounds like something Gandalf would say.
Nope!

Ha Ha Ha Smilie
C'mon everybody.... Guess, guess, guess!!!

(Or know ofcourse Tongue Smilie )
( "educated" guess: ) Aragorn?
Sorry to disappoint you, but no....

Another wrong answer and I'll give a hint....

Here's the quote again:

Quote:
"Rightly said!" cried .........., rising.
". . . Nay, though all things must come utterly to an end in time, Gondor shall not perish yet. . . There are still other fastnesses. . . Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where grass is green."
Quote:
'Rightly said!' cried Beregond, rising and striding to and fro. 'Nay, though all things must come utterly to an end in time, Gondor shall not perish yet. Not though the walls be taken by a reckless foe that will build a hill of carrion before them. There are still other fastnesses, and secret ways of escape into the mountains. Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green.'

If I am up to date on all my tolkien Quotes that I can remember, I believe it was said by Beregond!

I'm new here, so give me a break! :P
You're right!!! Hooray to you!

Birthday Smile Smilie Pary Smilie

Now you'll have to post a quote....
C'mon Arvana! Post a quote!!! I give you 2 more days, after that someone else may post...

I waited 4 days, so here is a new quote:

Quote:
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

Good luck...
Ahh. The nice old dwarf that goes by the name of Gimli. Smile Smilie

Someone else better post a new one! Whoever goes next can go for it!
Quote:
'Is there no deed to do?' ..... 'Who commands in this City?'
Wow! Someone who wants to play!!! Big Smile Smilie Hi Grondy!!

I don't know the answer though.... Bummer Smile Smilie
Gandalf?! (more of a guess!)
If I did get it though, would someone pls post in my stead, since I'm not too much around! Wink Smilie

Namarie!
No, not Gandalf, though she frequents a couple volumes of the same books as he.
The answer can be found in RotK, Book 6, Chapter V.
The person was on the rebound.
Oh... Totally forgot about this thread.... I'm thinking about that soldier in Minas Tirith when Minas Tirith was being attacked... But what's his name....
Quote:
But what's his name....
Her name; and yes she was in that battle, but that's not where she later asked her questions.
Eowyn!?
Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Hooray! And we finally have a winner. Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie

Your turn Eruwen. Happy Elf Smilie
OH I KNEW THAT!!!!!!!!! You beat me, Eruwen!!!!! oh, well. And I had this cool as quote too. I used it today, in the context of my friend. She scared us three times. She was showing some worrying signs. But not THAT worrying. Just disturbing. But not THAT disturbing. But still disturbing nonetheless!!!!! Paranoid Smilie
Ha Ha Ha Smilie Sorry, Loni. Okay...I'll try to come up with something tomorrow...while being really productive at work.
Okay...here we go...I'm only putting this one down because it's thrown in after a long dramatic speech, seems to come out of nowhere, and makes me smile whenever I get to it.

"Nonetheless they will have need of wood," said_____.
Loni and my great, great, ... great, great, grandfather's Papa.
AULE!!!!!! IT WAS AULE!!!! When Yavanna pointed out that the trees were alive too!!!! The Ents, of course. And AULE wasn't that enthusiastic about it. He didn't really care. GO THE DWARVES!!!!!!!!!

NExt quote: "Four times! Four times is a threat!"

(I've told you this one in another thread!)
Ah but you were closer to the quote in the other thread, for the full quote is:
Quote:
'Three times!' he whimpered. 'Three times is a threat. They feel us here, they feel the Precious. The Precious is their master. We cannot go any further this way, no. It's no use, no use!'
Alright! Good job, Loni! Woo hoo! Winner, winner, winner! (I love the fact that he just looks up from his work and says that...so classic.)

Tongue Smilie Animated Wink Smilie Birthday Smile Smilie Dog Smilie Pary Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Juggling Smilie
So...is the other quote from Gollum? (HUGE hint from Grondy...but watch me be wrong.) Smile Smilie
Okay...how about:

"Neither rock, nor steel, nor the fires of Morgoth, nor all the powers of the Elf-kingdoms, shall keep from me the treasure that I desire." I Love You Smilie
Sounds like something Beren would say, but I haven't looked for the source to prove I'm right, so I'm probably wrong.
Alright! We have a winner folks! Birthday Smile Smilie Pary Smilie Birthday Smile Smilie

Good job, Grondy. Your turn Smile Smilie
Okay, this one isn't as cryptic as some of mine have been. Elk Grinning Smilie
Quote:
'The trees and the grasses and all things growing or living in the land belong each to themselves.'
I know it...but I'm going to give others a chance. Smile Smilie She's very beautiful...
Tom Bombadil? or was it Goldberry?
Yavanna?
Goldberry when she talks to Frodo about Tom Bombadil and his lands.
Rhapsody has it; your turn Rhapy. Happy Elf Smilie
Oh dear... ok.

Quote:
'You come at last, but too late, and with too little strength. Things have gone evilly since Théodred fell. We were driven back yesterday over the Isen with great loss; many perished at the crossing. Then at night fresh forces came over the river against our camp. All Isengard must be emptied; and Saruman has armed the wild hillmen and herd-folk of Dunland beyond the rivers, and these also he loosed upon us. We were overmastered. The shield-wall was broken. Erkenbrand of Westfold has drawn off those men he could gather towards his fastness in Helm's Deep. The rest are scattered."
Ceorl is the man's name. Chapter "Helm's Deep" from TTT

Quote:

He came, a weary man with dinted helm and cloven shield. Slowly he climbed from his horse and stood there a while gasping. At length he spoke. 'Is Éomer here?' he asked. 'You come at last, but too late....

Quote:

Théoden had sat silent, hidden from the man's sight behind his guards; now he urged his horse forward. 'Come, stand before me, Ceorl!' he said.

P.S. Good one Rhaps, you had me confused to start with.
When you know positively, like when you can quote chapter and verse, then you may start the next one rather than delaying the game for another day or two.
Aaay ok, but I was searching for a good quote that's all...

Here it is then,

Quote:

"I did not know you rode bareback, Gandalf," he said. "You haven't a saddle or a bridle!"
Is this Pippin perhaps?
Ah, yes it is.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>