Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Quote Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > Quote Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>
theoden or eomer.
No, by book two I mean literally book two. LotR has six books and the three separate novels: FotR, TTT, and RotK were divisions forced upon Tolkien by his publisher for practical selling purposes. So, book two is actually the second part of FotR starting with Many Meetings I believe, and ending when FotR ends.
Legolas?
No. That's a member of the Fellowship.

Shall I just give the answer?
Gimli ?.......
Quote:
No, by book two I mean literally book two. LotR has six books and the three separate novels: FotR, TTT, and RotK were divisions forced upon Tolkien by his publisher for practical selling purposes. So, book two is actually the second part of FotR starting with Many Meetings I believe, and ending when FotR ends.

yes, LoTR is divided in six books but it isn't published in 3 separate novels...

LoTR is just one novel but published in
3 separate volumes

anyway, was it elrond who said that?
Yeah, volumes was the word I was looking for, not novels.

And yes, you are correct.
is my answer correct?
Sorry, no. Fatty's was.
then,is it Gandalf?
No, it was Elrond. If you look at the end of Fatty_Lumpkin's post you'll see that he gets it correct.
Howsomever/nevertheless, if Fatty Lumpkin hasn't returned when Thinker is next here, she may post the next quote for us to guess. Happy Elf Smilie
Here it is....who said,
"Men need many words before deeds"
Gimli?
I don't think it was Treebeard, because I don't believe he ever knew many Men; so might it be Legolas?
It was Gimli said that in chapter "the King of the Golden hall". and it' s Turin's turn.
Who said "So you spoke, but oft hope deceives, and I knew not then that you were a man foresighted. Yet twice blessed is help unlooked for, and never was a meeting of friends more joyful."?
King Théoden to Gandalf after the Battle of Helm's Deep?
No, but somewhat close.
Éomer?
Yes, he said it to Aragorn when they met upon the Pelennor.
Who said: 'That Gandalf Greyhame has need of haste,' answered ___________. 'Ever he goes and he comes unlooked-for.'
Hama?
Yes, Turin's turn. Happy Elf Smilie
Who said "No niggard are you Eomer, to give thus to Gondor the fairest thing in your realm!"?
King Elessar (Aragorn) to King Éomer upon Éomer's giving his sister, Éowyn's hand in marriage to Faramir, Steward of Gondor and Prince of Ithilien.
Yes.
Who said, 'I grudge every hour, every minute. I'm going down to try it out. Don't you follow till I come back or call!'

Boy P-T has slowed down again today, I've had to copy my replies so I don't lose them in case of another timeout. Orc Sad SmilieGood thing this is my last post of the day. Orc Smiling Smilie
Gandalf?
That was Frodo talking to Sam in the ........the name has escaped for the moment. It's the uh big labyrinth of rocks northwest of Mordor.

Emyn Muil. Anyways, "It will have to be paid for," _______ said. "It isn't natural, and trouble will come of it!"
It was said by "they", some of the inhabitants of Hobbiton.
Yup. The first quote of LotR. Smile Smilie
Who said: 'Well, no one troubled us, said _______, 'and we came along slowly, and kept no watch. We thought we'd left all trouble behind us.'
Frodo?
Aragorn?
No, neither of them. Try again. Happy Elf Smilie
legolas?
Ah, it's Pippin.
Who said "Well be off you! If you've been looking after Mr. Frodo all this while, what d'you leave him for, as soon as things look dangerous?"?
Faramir?
Sam to himself after he had taken the Ring and had second thoughts about leaving Frodo to the Orcs?
Incorrect, both of you.
Rosie to Sam in a dream?
It was Rosie to Sam, but she said it when he went to check on her during the scouring of the shire.
Ah, it was Frodo who reported back to Bilbo in a dream, and obviously I didn't check the text. Orc Grinning Smilie

Who, lying to the King, said 'But great Kings take what is their right'? I know this is obscure, but see if you can figure it out.
Sauron?
Yes, it was to Ar-Pharazôn. I found the quote on the penultimate page of Appendix A, Section Ii to LotR.

Turin's turn. Happy Elf Smilie
Who said "How do ye of uncouth race dare to demand aught of me......?"
(Note:the quote is longer than this, but I cut it short as otherwise it would be too easy.)
Still thinking about this one. Elf Confused Smilie
Hint: From the Silmarillion.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>