Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Quote Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > Quote Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>
Beren is correct Mungo; your turn.
Has anyone seen Mungo lately ?
Nope, would you like to start another one? Anyone?
OK, who said....

Yet sworn word may strengthen quaking heart
Gimli said it in answer to Elrond at their setting out from Rivendell.
Your turn Grondy...
'It sounds like a hundred blacksmiths all smithying together,'
Was it Sam saying this to Frodo after they had been found by Faramir
Yes, during the ambush by the Ithilien Rangers against the Southrons, and just before Sam saw his Oliphaunt.

So now its your or someone else's turn. Happy Elf Smilie
Someone else please take a turn - share and share.........
Who said:
Quote:
'...I will seek Manwë, that he and I may make melodies for ever to thy delight!'
Ulmo?
Yes, so it is Maydmarion's turn again.
Looks like you-an-me Grondy lol

Quote:
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish
Sounds like Sam again, giving out with one of the Gaffer's homilies. Was this in Lothlórien when he suggested they had lain around too long, or some other place? I could pick up the book and check, but today I've other fish to fry.

"He was tall and black-like, and he stooped over me. I reckon it was one of the Big Folk from foreign parts."
That would be a description of the black riders as first described by the gaffer to his son Sam, but the quote is actually said by Sam when he is recounting it to his fellow travellers.

Sorry for my absence but I've been without computer for about a month (in the midst of moving and I'm only stealing a few seconds on my friends computer while they are otherwise occupied. I'll be back just as soon as I can.

Quote:
"If you want to know, I felt as if I hadn't got nothing on, and I didn't like it."
i think this one was SAM.
Right you are.. your quote greenleaf.
Alright then, who said:

"Tidings of death have many wings"
Faramir said this to Frodo and Sam when he was telling them of Boromir's death...

who said....

Quote:
....but oft the unbidden guest proves the best company....
sounds rohany...
Eomer?
if im right....
"Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised."
i beleive it was aragorn who said so

who said "Even the most subtle spiders may leave a weak thread."
That was said by Gandalf at the Council of Elrond about Saruman's leaving the ariel escape route from the Tower of Orthanc open, such that Gwaihir 'Wind Lord', was enabled to effect his rescue.

Who said:
Quote:
'Nay! It's not one of them ruffians, Sam heard _________ say, 'It's a hobbit by the size of it, but all dressed up queer. Hey!' he cried. 'Who are you, and what's all this to-do?'
arg...its one of the gate keepers at bree...but thiers 2 isnt thier....so i dont know...
Nope, try again. Elf Winking Smilie
It were Farmer Cotton, when Sam leaves the others to get Farmer Cotton, in the chapter called The Scouring of the Shire.

Who said.....
Quote:
The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out
it was Gildor who said it

Who said:

Quote:
Oft in lies truth is hidden.
Was that Gandalf in his torturous in-terror-gation of Gollum after Aragorn captured him? (Gandalf was the victim in this case.) Jumping Flame Smilie
lol, in terror gation
i so get it
Smile Smilie
nyway, that was gandalf talking bout that in terror gation at the council of rivendell
opr imn making thins up again
but its all good
gronddys turn?
Who said:
Quote:
'I wonder greatly what brings four hobbits on so long a journey.'
ummm
some elf probably
Nope, not an elf. Teacher Smilie
first time ive actually looked up an answer for a long time, granted i kinda had s ususpicion...
that it was someone in rivendell
oddly enough it is a drawf
gloin.
Yuppers, your turn Elrose. Happy Elf Smilie
It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
I think that is what Bilbo said once upon-a-time about journeys, and as they left Bag End, Frodo shared it with Sam and Pippin.
yep
comment2, cheap ritalin uk, 8-D, lortab 7.5, 251, cheap adderall no prescription, =-[[, drugs no prescription, =-P, cheap nitrazepam online, 9346, rivotril 2mg, =-],
That quote was said by Samwise Gamgee about Strider.

I don't have any of the books on me at the moment so I'll try to think of something off the top of my head (apologies if I've used this one before):

Quote:
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom"
That was said by Gandalf to Saruman about the color of Saruman's robes.

Who said:
Quote:
'What of the dawn?' they jeered. 'We are ________: we do not stop the fight for night or day, for fair weather or for storm. We come to kill, by sun and moon. What of the dawn?'
Question Smilie
the fighting Urakhi? or just Urakhi?

who said in response to white being able to be coloured over said
"in which case it is no loger white."?
Gandalf, probably very close in the book to my last quote above.

Which two people had the following exchange:
Quote:
"I am tired of stairs and stone passages. I would give a good deal for the feel of grass at my toes."

"I would give a good deal for the feel of a strong drink in my throat, and for a soft bed after a good supper!"
I would guess Frodo and Sam, but I could be wrong. I'll wait to find out if I'm right before I post the next question.
Nope, wrong book.
Oh - was it Bilbo and Gandalf?
Sorry, the first speaker was Bilbo, but the second was not Gandalf. Orc Sad Smilie
The conversation took place on Mount Erebor, if that would help.
bilbo and bombur
That's it Elrose, just before Bilbo said he'd stand watch for Bombur and then afterwards he snuck off taking the Arkenstone to Bard and the Elves.

So its Elrose's turn again. Happy Elf Smilie
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>