Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Quote Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > Quote Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>
ok
Quote:
if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now, quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers!

not LOTR
Purely off the top of my head: Johnny Carson
nope
I'm sorry, I completely forgot about the quote game!
Fast Asleep Smilie
And sadly I have no idea who spoke those words Elrose.
Phil Harris?
OMG! Since when are non-Tolkien quotes allowed?
Well, they shouldn't be, so someone may give a LotR or Hobbit quote for us to guess if they'd like.
I think it will be nice if Sir Grondy points out the direction, please!
Quote:
'Mr. Butterbur! Master!' he shouted. 'They've come back!'
Is there a time on how long to wait after a question?
I just posted a guess, but I'll take it back till I know; sorry for the inconvenience
Sad Smilie
As far as I know, there is no waiting period in the quote game, so you can go ahead and post your guess...

I have an idea of who it might be, but I'll hold out till you guess first.
Thanks Tinúviel Happy Elf Smilie

Nob, hobbit of Bree, in RotK, is my guess.
Yes Galenhir, it was Nob, so it's your turn. Happy Elf Smilie
Who said this and to whom?

"They do not stand openly on my stairs, but I know where the wild wood-demons are lurking, at your command."
It was Saruman talking to Gandalf about the ents.
True, true! It's your turn Tinúviel Happy Elf Smilie
or sorry, homer said it...

edit: he said that qouote way uop there that i posted thinking non LOTR quotes could be used. sorry.
That's ok Elrose - it was an interesting quote nevertheless.

Ok, who said the following:
Quote:
'Strider is too poor a name, son of Arathorn,' he said. 'Wingfoot I name you.'
I think it was Eomer who told Aragorn that .due to his fast journey
Yes it was Mellon, so you may as well give us the next one.
" If it was the RING I was looking for ..then I could have taken it ..NOW "
Strider I believe, when he first met the hobbits in Bree.

Sadly, I recall him saying it in the animated LotR better than I do anywhere else...
Nope ,that was not the answer I was looking for..Give it another go..
As far as I remember it was Galadrial, but my wife tells me I've been wrong before
Nope , it was not Galadriel either...A clue though it's from the Hobbit
it sounds abit like Gollum/Smeagol, hes sneaking around and he was caught by Sam, he says he isnt looking for the ring, otherwise he wouldve taken it by now???
Oh ......I feel so stupid right now ..Of course it was Strider ..I got the question mixed up from something else I was reading from the Hobbit Smile Smilie I'm so SORRY Very Sad Smilie
So Galenhir of course you were right the first time ..Your turn
lol, no problem Mellon! Orc Smiling Smilie Now then, whose words are these?

"This shall be my own kingdom; and I name it unto myself!"
Melkor said those words to the Valar.
It’s yours Grondy!
I believe that is one of the most 'momentous' quotes in the Silmarillion. If those words were not thought or vocalized, Eä would not have become what it did; then again, if anything said hadn’t been said the world wouldn’t be what it is... but I digress.
Smoke Smilie
' "This I will have as weregild for my father, and my brother,"..... '
Did Isildur tell this to Elrond when he was supposed to cast the Ring into the flames ?
Well, that isn't the answer for which I set up this quote to fool you; but that is what's in the inner set of quote marks. Now, who said it within the outer set of quote marks? Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Sir Grondy telling the PT members ?
I would guess that Elrond (at the counsil) was recounting what Isildur had said to him at Mount Doom.
Big Laugh Smilie I think you are right Tinúviel..though Sir Grondy also told someone...
Tiny Uvial's 'Elrond at his council' was correct, so she gets the honor of doing the next quote for us to guess. Happy Elf Smilie
Maybe Sir Grondy, you'll have to call in Miss Tin?
Anyone may post the next quote for us to guess; I don't have enough Mithril to sent Tin another PM. I only have 16,180 and want to see if i can break 18,000 by Halloween. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
My apologies... I can never remember when and where I posted last, too much swimming around in this head of mine.

I will be sure to post a quote tomorrow if that's ok?
Very good, Miss Tin, you are on! Elf Smilie
Ok, who said the following and where...
Quote:

`Yes! The Elf-warrior is loose!' he cried. 'I'm coming. Just you show me
the way up, or I'll skin you!'

Gimli?
No Sir Grondy, twas not Gimli...
Hal-dear?
Nope, and it wasn't Dave either.
In that case, it had to be Samwise Gamgee as he made his way up the Tower of Cirith Ungol to rescue Frodo, who had been captured by the Orcs after he had been poisoned by Shelob and left as dead by Sam.

Which wind wasn't used in the 'Lament for Boromir' by a remnant of the Fellowship Question Smilie
Well done Grondy! Pary Smilie

Do ya get it - Hal, Dave - 2001: A Space Odyssey Haha ha - I guess it's not really that funny. Dunce Smilie

That would be the East wind; and I think it was Gimli who said they'd left the east wind to him, but he would say nothing of it.
That was correct Tinúviel, your turn again, if you wish. Happy Elf Smilie

I caught the Dave reference, Elf With a Big Grin Smilie but was unsure whether I was supposed to laugh; though I also try to make jokes using obscure remarks. It used to drive my late mother-in-law crazy tring to keep up with me.
I kinda know how you feel - a lot of my jokes only make sense in my head.

Here be the next quote:
Quote:
'Yes, he will come,' said _________, 'even if he comes too late. But think!
At best the Red Arrow cannot have reached him more than two days ago...'

Who said the above and who was this person talking about?
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>