Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Quote Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > Quote Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>
Well it it wasn't to or from Bard, the Old Thrush, nor Rońc.

I'll just have to mull it over some more. Elf Confused Smilie
Hopelessly incorrect grondy. Come on or do i have to fetch the cheerleaders to encourage you? Wink Smilie

HINT: Its from LOTR.
Well since this riddle stood for a week without anyone guessing it i have the pleasure to give you the answer. It was Gandalf when speaking to the door wardens of theoden's hall in the two towers, chapter The King Of the Golden Hall. Dunce Smilie
Well, I can understand him doing so; it just didn't click in my memory. but you have to make allowances for us old geezers. Orc Grinning Smilie
Sure! Angel Smilie

Your Turn now!
Who said and where? 'Now my guests, come!' said ________. 'Come and take such refreshment as haste allows.'
Theoden outside the golden hall after having thrown grima out.
Yes Thorin, you got it.
Who said and where Question Smilie

Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
That would be ╔omer as he rode to head off the Corsairs of Umbar who were about to land at Harlond. Actually instead he parked himself on a small hillock; there he set his banner; and laghed while reciting the four line stanza found in 'The Battle of Pelennor Fields' of RotK.

Correct grondy. Dunce Smilie
Who, when, and where? 'I've got things to do,' he said: 'my making and my singing, my talking and my walking, and my watching of the country.
Hmmm...that's tough and take some time to guess correctly but i'll try:

Tom bombadil, when the hobbits asked him to come wih them to bree on the east road.
Yes that is exactly who by and where I found that quote. Your turn again. Happy Elf Smilie
Who said and where:

"What were you doing in the forest?
Was the forest in question, the "Old Forest"?
Or was it Fangorn Forest?
Wrong both of you. "elfbiggrin:
The Elven King to the portion of Thorin's Company that his Elves had captured in Mirkwood?
The who is correct but the where needs improvement. Elk Grinning Smilie
Okay, it occured in the Elven King's cave and the Elven King asked it of Thorin, the first of his Company to be captured. - this is found at the end of 'Flies and Spiders' in the The Hobbit.
Sure your turn now. Elk Grinning Smilie
Who, when, and where? 'My friends, he said, 'and all you people of this city and of the Western lands! Things of great sorrow and renown have come to pass. Shall we weep or be glad? Beyond hope the Captain of our foes has been destroyed, and you have heard the echo of his last despair. But he has not gone without woe and bitter loss.
Gandalf, after the death of the witch king when he uttered his last cry, in the city of minas tirith where gandalf was tending faramir?
Where was Gandalf standing?
the house of healing.
Close enough Thorin, though he was actually outside at the door to the Houses of Healing. After he told Beregond and Pippin to deliver Faramir there, he went to the wall and looking out heard the Nazgul's death cry; he then returned and spoke those words to the pair who were then coming out the door.

Your turn. Happy Elf Smilie
Who said and where:

What has become of the miserable orcs?
Legolas to Gandalf as Theoden's Company were riding down the Deeping Coomb from the Hornburg towards Isengard on the path through the mysterious wood of Huorn and Ents?
yes, i chose that one because before looking at that yesterday i thought it was gimli who said that. Elk Grinning Smilie
Who, where, and when: A short way beyond the way-meeting, after another steep incline, a flying bridge of stone leapt over the chasm and bore the road across into the tumbled slopes and glens of the Morgai.
Frodo and samafter their escape from the tower in mordor?
Yes, your turn. Happy Elf Smilie
That was a complete fluke! Elk Grinning Smilie

Who, why and, whem:
"The lights are coming out again over there, and there are more than ever of them."
Another wild guess off the top of my head: Sam to Frodo and Gollum in the Dead Marshes about the tricksy lights in TTT. Of course it could be Frodo saying it to Sam and Gollum, but I'll go with Sam for now.
I'll say just that....wrong book. Elk Grinning Smilie
Okay it is from The Hobbit during the Thorin and Company fast, the lights were from the Elven Feast in the wilds of Mirkwood. Was it Balin who said it? If not, there's only thirteen more names to guess, unless I go look it up. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Not Balin but another ...lin. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Then could it be his older brother Dwalin?
Yes it could. Elk Grinning Smilie You now.
Who, when, and where? 'On, lad! On! he cried. 'We'll be going back soon.'
Sam in the scouring of the shire talking to bill the pony when going to farmer cotton.
You got it in one Thorin, Happy Elf Smilie your turn again.
Who said, to whom and where

"How long is it going to take us?"
Sam to Frodo worrying about their limited food supply as they approached the Dead Marshes? (or anywhere else.)
Yes it is Sam to Frodo concerning food but actually in the Emyn Muil. Your turn grondy. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Who, to whom, and where? "Farewell!" they cried, "wherever you fare, till your eyries receive you at the journey's end!"
Thorin's company to the eagles who dropped them on the plains to the east of the misty mountains after the warg-party incident.
Correct Thorin, yours again. Happy Elf Smilie
Who said, where, and why?

"The memory is very evil.I do not wish to enter moria a second time."
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>