Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Quote Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > Quote Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>
Pippin about the black riders?
Very good Thorin; your turn. Happy Elf Smilie
Ok. Wink Smilie

Who said Question Smilie
'I will, when I learn what you are fit for'
Denathor to Pippin?
Bravo Grondy you got it first time Dunce Smilie
Who said:

'Well, as I was saying,' ___________ proceeded, 'I kept my knowledge to myself, till this Spring when things got serious.'
Merry to Frodo in a conspiracy unmasked?
I yup! Your turn. Happy Elf Smilie
Who said?

"I wish you would tell me what happened"
I haven't much of a clue, so I'll say Pippin to Gandalf?
It is Frodo to Gandalf. In many meetings. Sorry for being too hard. Your turn.
Quote:
He was very tired, for though they had ridden slowly, they had ridden with very little rest. Hour after hour for nearly three weary days he had jogged up and down, over passes, and through long dales, and across many streams.

Who was he and where was he going?
Merry going to Dunharrow?
Yes, good work. Happy Elf Smilie It's your turn again.
Who thought?

Quote:
"Insect eyes," he thought, "not animal eyes, only they are much too big"
Bilbo in Mirkwood? I think it was the first night they spent there rather than when he awoke while being tied up by lazy-lob or one of its relatives.
Absolutly correct Grondy. Your turn. Dunce Smilie
Who said:
Quote:
'Have even the women of the Rohirrim come to war in our need?'
Prince Imrahil
Keerekt Thorin; your turn again. Happy Elf Smilie
Who said and to whom?

"Yes, we do," said .............. sadly. "The story seems to be going on, but i am afraid gandalf has fallen out of it"
I think it was Merry to Galadriel upon the Fellowship's being introduced to the rulers of Lothlorien. Though it may have been one of the others who made that statement; it was she who had asked the question.

I'm still trying to first answer the questions in this thread from memory before resorting to the books for my subsequent guesses.
No, Grondy it isn't they who said it.
Okay, the time I was thinking of, was Aragorn to Galadriel, but he used different words. So it must be Merry or Pippin to Treebeard upon their initial meeting on that sunny hillock in Fangorn Forest; and this time I'll guess it was said by Pippin.
This time you're right. It was Pippin to Treebeard. Elf Winking Smilie
So, who said to whom, about what?

'And these winged creatures that they ride on now, they can probably see more than any other creature.'
Gandalf to Pippin about the Black Riders?
Nope, try again.
Frodo to Sam when they were in the desolation of Sauron?
Yes, they were outside the Black Gate hiding in a slag pit and a Nazgūl flew over on one of the fell beasts, probably on its way back from the ruins of Isengard.

Your turn again, Thorin. Happy Elf Smilie
To whom was that said and in what situation?

"Well, you're wanted anyhow," said the leader. "We want you. Take him lads! Lockholes for him, and give him something to keep quiet!"
Was it to Mayor Will Whitfoot by the Chief's big men, when old Will tried to stick up for the rights of his constituents.
Nope, but your subject matter is correct. Dunce Smilie
It was the leader of the ruffians to Farmer Cotton prior to the Battle of Bywater.

Who does this describe:
Quote:
Very tall he was, and his beard was long, and he was grey and old, save that his eyes were keen as stars; and he looked at them and bowed, and said: 'All is now ready.'
Hahaha....took some time for me to think but unless i'm wrong its Cirdan the Shipwright.
You got it in one. Good show.
Thank you Grondy. But haven't you forgotten anything?
What, to say it's Thorin's turn, because he guessed Cirdan the Shipwright? Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Ooops sorry grondy. I thought i was in "Finish the sentence Fool".

Anyway who, why and where said:
"But what do you guess is the reason?" he asked. "is there more in it than surprise at seeing for hobbits,..."
if that should be "four hobbits"? Then it might have been said at the Prancing Pony, the Council of Elrond, in Gondor or even in Bree or the Old Forest. It will require further dwelling upon to rule out possibilities, before I resort to the books.
It indeed refers to the four hobbits but everything else is wrong!! Orc Grinning Smilie
Aye yup! It was Gandalf replying to Aragorn, who had worried why the birds and animals of Hollin were so quiet, like silent even. This was just before the crebain's reconnaissance flight over the Fellowship's position.

Who said to whom about whom?

Quote:
'There is a change in him, but just what kind of a change and how deep, I'm not sure yet.'
Gandalf about Frodo to Elrond?
Nope, try again. Happy Elf Smilie

I couldn't remember who they were and I didn't bookmark the page. Luckily, the book opened to that page today when I went back to check on it.
Frodo to Sam about Gollum?
Yes, that's it; Happy Elf Smilie your turn again.
Who said, where and to whom?

"I though you had forgotten all about me. I am glad to see you back. It has been a long day."
Bilbo to Gandalf in their room in Gondor?
Quote:
Bilbo to Gandalf in their room in Gondor?

I don't remember Bilbo visiting Gondor Grondy!! Orc Grinning Smilie
That was just another senior moment. Elk Grinning Smilie

Change my "Bilbo" to "Frodo" and it should be a more correct answer. Wiggle Smilie
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>