Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Quote Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > Quote Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>
No Grondy. It ain't a Baggins! Orc Grinning Smilie Elk Grinning Smilie
Well, I was in the right book this time and they were cousins. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie

Could it just possibly be, might it be, would the answer be: Master Peregrin Took, commonly known as Pippin?

Orc Grinning Smilie I hate days like these, they make me appear even more stupid than I am. Orc Grinning Smilie
Yes, you're right this time Grondy!

Don't worry Grondy i will not say I Elk Grinning Smilie Orc Grinning Smilie
Who said, who said, and where did they each say it?
Quote:
' "It is forty leagues and two from Pelargir to the landings at the Harlond," he said.'

Thanks Thorin. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Was it aragorn and Legolas? Aragorn when he looked in the Palantir and Legolas when he was telling the story to the hobbits.
Half-right Thorin: Aragorn said it first, but in a different place; and you have the time of the retelling correct, but the wrong reteller.

Try to make the corrections. Happy Elf Smilie
Aragorn and Gimli? Aragorn at the Hornburg?
Three-quarters right; still, Aragorn was a bit further along on the timeline of his excursion to Minas Tirith; he had travelled farther than just to the Hornburg.
The Stone of Erech maybe then?
No, but you're getting closer. Happy Elf Smilie

Hint: The next line is: "Yet to Harlond we must come tomorrow or fail utterly."
Was it at Pelargir, after Aragorn and his ghost host had captured the Black Sail's ship?
Whew! That was a lot of work, but you didn't use the book or enough info to get the setting easily.
Is it correct?

I always feel lazy when i know that i have to go and fetch my book from my room and bring it back to my PC, that's why i usually keep guessing! Elk Grinning Smilie
Yes it was correct. Sorry, I meant to say that. So it is Thorin's turn again.
Who said:

"'tis not a bird, whatever else it be," answered ........... ."It has four limbs and dives man wise; a pretty mastery of the craft it shows,too"
One of Faramir's rangers watching Gollum fish in the Forbidden Pool at Henneth Annn. Without looking it up, I'll quess Mablung?
It indeed is a ranger of Faramir Grondy but it is not Mablung. Orc Grinning Smilie
It was "Anborn," so I only found out by checking the book. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Who said: "It is mighty cold!" said ________. "I wish we could have a fire up here as they have in the camp!"
Is it Sam when both the hobbits had entered Mordor, some time after Sam had rescued Frodo from the tower.
No, wrong story. Orc Sad Smilie
Ohh, is it a Burrahobbit, a Burglar, Mr Lucky Number, Invisible Man, or Burglar Bilbo? If i'm correct he said that when they were besieged in the Lonely Mountain.
Almost, it was he to whom it was spoken. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

I loved Lilly Tomlin's line as the telephone operator when she said, "Is this the party to whom I am speaking?"
Is it a fat kinsman then, known as Bombur?
Ya, you bet! Your turn again Thorin. Happy Elf Smilie
Who said, where, and to whom?:

"Such counsels will make the enemy's victory certain indeed,"

Original post Posted Friday 29th August 2008 (05:29pm)
Aragorn to Boromir as they were trying to decide where to go next from Rauros, just prior to the breaking of the fellowship?
Nah. It was more of an 'old man' type figure!
Gandalf to Theoden in refutation of Wormtongue's argument to do nothing to raisw their friend Saruman's ire?
It indeed is Gandalf Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie but the other part is incorrect! Very Sad Smilie
Okay, maybe Gandalf to Denethor against the latter's decision to do nothing in the face of adversity? If not, tomorrow I might have to crack the book, to see if I can find it.
Absolutly Correct! Gandalf said that to Denethor in the Pyre of Denethor. Your turn Super Grondy! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Who said and where? "Fools!" laughed ______, "to come thus beneath the Mountain's arm!..."
Is it Bard speaking when the dwarfs of the Iron Hills were advancing to attack?
Yes it is Thorin, good guessing; so now it is your turn. Happy Elf Smilie
Who said and where?

"What's the good of that? The boat is sure to be tied up, even if we could hook it, which I doubt."
Oh goody, I could guess up to thirteen times before I might guess the right answer. So I might as well start out with good old Balin.
Nope, it isn't good old Balin Grondy. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Gloin?
Nope, the answer betrays the eye. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Could it possibly your namesake, he of the Oakenshield?
Bravo, Bravo. Well done Grondy! Your turn! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Who said, 'Yet I could wish, were it of any avail, that the One Ring had never been wrought, or had remained for ever lost.'
Sounds like frodo!
No, Orc Sad Smilie a little too flowery for Frodo.
Is it Elrond? I feel as if it was at the Council of Elrond!
No, not Elrond, nor at his Council. Try again.
Oh, is it Galadriel then?
Yes it was Galadriel, just before Frodo offered the One Ring to her after looking into her mirror.

Thorin's turn again.
WHO said, to WHOM and about WHAT:

"Not that the Brandybucks of buckland live in the old forest, but they're a queer breed seemingly. They fool about on boats on that big river"
The Gaffer to Daddy Oldbucks in the Ivy Bush about Frodo's moving to Creekhollow? This is pure speculation, I feel it has some small semblence of truth about it though.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] >>