Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Tolkien Psychological Wording

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Current Games > Tolkien Psychological Wording   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] >>
Ehh, Boromir.
Boromir's Horn
Merry's horn... the one from Rohan.
Eowyn again.
Dernhelm
The Nazgul
Evil ice knife
Frodo's wound

I hated Elijah Wood getting stabbed(in the movie)
Boromir the pin cushion.

I hated when Frodo was stabbed in the book: of course that was Tolkien's general intent.
Denethor's idiocy about Faramir

@Grondy:Have some respect for dear Boromir.To err is human.
Don't you like Elijah Wood?
Gollum's argument with Sméagol

I respect Boromir; he did his best once he controlled his desire. I didn't like Elijah Wood as Frodo, he seemed too feminine to me; but that is just my opinion.
Nasty hobbitses......

@Grondy:feminine?am hurt.
dirty goblins

Probably just his eyes give me that impression.
nasty orcses.

He did have a slight girly look. I felt he was rather young to play Frodo.
Aragorn fighting orcses

His eyes are really beautiful but I agree with Anarya about the age issue
Bilbo fighting spiders
Sam fighting Shelob
Balrogs fighting Ungoliant
If I were to take the literal sense of the above, I'd assume Balrogs to defeat Ungoliant. But if it came to a single Balrog to duel Ungoliant, I'd side with the mighty Spider. But that did not happen in any case. Ungoliant scattered away before Morgoth could catch her...

The Ents and Huorns
Saruman's failure to takeover Rohan and the western part of Middle-earth.
The Balrogs of Morgoth did fight Ungoliant, Loss, as is shown in this passage from the Silmarillion:

Quote:
But Ungoliant had grown great, and he [Morgoth] less by the power that had gone out of him; and she rose against him, and her cloud closed about him, and she enmeshed him in a web of clinging thongs to strangle him. Then Morgoth sent forth a terrible cry, that echoed in the mountains. Therefore that region was called Lammoth; for the echoes of his voice dwelt there ever after, so that any who cried aloud in that land awoke them, and all the waste between the hills and the sea was filled with a clamour as of voices in anguish. The cry of Morgoth in that hour was the greatest and most dreadful that had ever been heard in the northern world; the mountains shook, and the earth trembled, and rocks were riven asunder. Deep in forgotten places that cry was heard. Far beneath the ruined halls of Angband, in vaults to which the Valar in the haste of their assault had not descended, Balrogs lurked still, awaiting ever the return of their Lord; and swiftly they arose, and passing over Hithlum they came to Lammoth as a tempest of fire. With their whips of flame they smote asunder the webs of Ungoliant, and she quailed, and turned to flight, belching black vapours to cover her; and fleeing from the north she went down into Beleriand, and dwelt beneath Ered Gorgoroth, in that dark valley that was after called Nan Dungortheb, the Valley of Dreadful Death, because of the horror she bred there.

The Battle of Helm's Deep.
The idiot called king Theoden
Grima Wormtongue
@Odette: Why don't you like Théoden?

Sharky.
Jaws.

Am I doing it right?

@Grondy about Frodo being too Feminine; Elijha Wood is like my cat. But my cat was hit by a car before we got him, and is named after Eric Cantona.
Erm. Not really. It needs to be somehow related to something in a work or collection of Tolkien's. I think Jaws doesn't count. Although it has to do with sharks, I don't recollect it having anything to do with Sharkey. Wink Smilie Big Smile Smilie

Carcharoth biting off Beren's hand and eating the Silmaril with his mighty jaws.

See how that's related to both your post, and something of Tolkien's?
Fingolfin giving Morgoth seven wounds in their battle to the death at the Gate of Angband.
The standard of Turgon with a Bleeding Heart !!
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock
Turin's hideout he took from Mim.
Quote:
If I were to take the literal sense of the above, I'd assume Balrogs to defeat Ungoliant. But if it came to a single Balrog to duel Ungoliant, I'd side with the mighty Spider. But that did not happen in any case. Ungoliant scattered away before Morgoth could catch her...

Quote:
The Balrogs of Morgoth did fight Ungoliant, Loss, as is shown in this passage from the Silmarillion:

If you read what I wrote, I said that, 'If it came down to a single Balrog fighting her... But that did not happen'. And that did not happen. And if you are referring to a general fight between them like you quoted, then that also did not happen. As she did not fight back, she fled, as I said before. The Balrogs attacked her whilst she was enveloping Morgoth in her web and 'scattered away before Morgoth could catch her'. No fighting actually happened.

The Nauglamír - Necklace of the Dwarves.
Thingol's fate
Beren's prying the silmaril fron the iron crown
Luthien
Dior
Menegroth
Finrod Felagund
Mandos

Manwe 

Eagles

Thorondor

Ancalagon

Earendil

Elrond

Rivendell

Hithaeglir

Misty mountains

Rinvendell

Imladris

<< [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] >>