Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Beorn and the beorningars

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Hobbit > Beorn and the beorningars   << [1] [2]
I like that poem Grondy, I think you created it all by yourself, didn't you?? It's quite interesting for though it's short it's good. Smile Smilie
Thanks, and yes it was an original on the spur of the moment. In retrospect the last line could use a bit more work as the cadence isn't quite right.
There was a CM named Grond
Of poems he was quite fond
He also ran threads
Before going to bed
To help out the folks "Across The Pond"
Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Often Gandalf rode in haste
From burning waste to nether shores
He passed in haste through golden doors
And came at last to Silver walls
and entered Gondor's pride of Halls
To Minas Tirth which never falls.

Until at last he councelled then
To seek aid from the northern Men
The Horsemen from the plains of gold
And ask that they fulfill of old
The oath that Cirion once said
Till sun should fade and moon be dead.

Theoden then rode with speed
Flying to the Men at need
Then he did the greatest deeds
Of the Household that he leads
He fell then in that battle told
And minstrels sing of him of old
'Son of Thengel the ever-gold'
Who lies now deep in tomb a-cold.

Eomer became then King
And harpers often sing of him
'Free from evil and of sin
leader of the northern kin'
He turned his horse to Edoras
Through flowing grass he came at last
To Meduseld the Golden Hall
Slightly north of Mountain Wall.

Anyway perhaps these poems are better off in the poem thread?

Ps: I have never been good at poetry so doubtless to one of Meneldur's caliber it swill seem quite unbecoming. Big Smile Smilie
Ohhhhh a WISE GUY, eh? Nyuk nyuk nyuk! Orc Grinning Smilie

No, although Elven I may be, limericks are just about the highest caliber I can attain LOL!
Quote:
a WISE GUY

Your words... Wink Smilie
LOL!!! Well, I'm not really one to talk. I said the same thing about myself over in the Awards Thread:

Quote:
Most elves are just "wise", but I'm more of a "wise guy"
Orc Grinning Smilie Wow, this came from the Hobbit Thread to what nationalaty are you? threds and now poetry threads, I like it!Smile SmilieYou know thee poetry that everyone writes in this thread are fantastic, I waznt them never to top cvoming! Lord of All's poem was pretty nce and same wih Meneldur's. I like it in Menelur's post that is like this ( i can't remember it from when I read it.)

Quote:
Ohhhhh a WISE GUY, eh? Nyuk nyuk nyuk!Orc Grinning Smilie

When he did Nycuck nyuck nyuck! I think it's trying to think of someone hitting another's person's head and it's hollow, which means that there's no brain in there.Oh smilie smile for the Camera Big Smile Smilie that's it, nice smilie, nice smilie, want a drink?? Alcoholic Smilie How was it? Thumbs Up Smilie Want a Cofee?? Good Morning Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Sorry, added a bit too much caffeine there. Orc Going Huh Smilie You don't know what's caffeine? Well you'll learn later. Cool Smilie
Always advancing my crazy Beorn-as-not-quite-all-the-way-human theory, suppose beorn was a descendant of Tom and the River Daughter? Having inherited special powers of talking to everything from his father, and who knows what else! This could explain the talking to animals thing.

Of course there is no PROOF of this in the books but who needs proof?
All that is really known is that Beorn was from the race of men , possibly related to the very first men in northern Middle-Earth. He died just before the war of the Ring, but did much in the war of the five armies. His son Grimbeon took over and was as well a skin changer. For many generations the descendants of this wondrous creature were also skin changers although it sort of hints at the fact that may have died out for some odd reason.
The Beornings' ability of skin-changing must simply have been a gift of Eru.
Yes I am inclined to agree with that. There is no other explanation possible I think.
  << [1] [2]