Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Not sad, and that's sad

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Lord of the Rings > Not sad, and that's sad   
OK - I'm creating a new thread for this because there was a smiley in the original title which caused a nasty looking thing in the Forum Menu. All posts have been moved here and the original thread deleted. Carry on.....

Elrohir Posted Wednesday 4th August 2004 (01:55pm)
It would be great if i would allways forget what i read in LOTR because when i would read again FOTR i would be sad when gandalf would fall in moria.But because i know what will happen I'm not sad at all.And that's sad .
Race: Elf | Location: Rivendell | Online: No | Posts: 25 Edit Post | Delete Post

Vee Posted Wednesday 4th August 2004 (02:23pm)
I know what happens and I am still sad about it.

Race: Men: Dunedain | Location: Osgiliath | Online: Yes | Posts: 1422 Edit Post | Delete Post

Grondmaster Posted Wednesday 4th August 2004 (11:58pm)
When I re-read FotR, I'm sad because Gandalf's survivors are so very sad, as you can tell by their laments found in 'The Mirror of Galadriel'.
Race: Dwarve | Location: Glittering Caves | Online: No | Posts: 7061 Edit Post | Delete Post

Ashley276 Posted Tuesday 17th August 2004 (01:37am)
I am on my 3rd run through LoTR for the summer and I know that I will be sad when Gandalf goes into Moria if only becuase of the sadness of all rest of his company.

Ashley276
Race: Men: Rohirrim | Location: Edoras | Online: No | Posts: 45 Edit Post | Delete Post

Laurelindhe ilmarin Posted Tuesday 17th August 2004 (06:47am)
It is sad, but what is sad about it is not the complete outcome, but how Gandalf had to get there. A balrog! Imagine, a demon of that size that you alone had to battle?

I think what happens to some of us is we get desensitized to the emotional impact of Gandalf's loss in Moria, if only because of how many times we have read it or seen it.
Race: Elf | Location: Lothlorien | Online: Yes | Posts: 48 Edit Post | Delete Post

HobbitHomie05 Posted Tuesday 17th August 2004 (06:08pm)
well im still sad because i know he really dies. He only comes back so he can help with the war of the ring right? If i was like aragorn or anyone in the fellowship i would be heartbroken to find that hes back but only to get through this difficult time, then he has to leave again, forever. I feel especially bad for frodo and sam because they dont get to spend as much time with him. Also when i watch the movie just the look on his face and frodos reaction (im getting all teary eyed just thinking about it!!) its just heart breaking.
Race: Hobbit | Location: Hobbiton | Online: Yes | Posts: 389 Edit Post | Delete Post

Vee Posted Tuesday 17th August 2004 (06:27pm)
It isn't that Gandalf has to leave again - he was one a Maiar and as such was returning home. He may have been sad to leave all those cute little hobbits that he so loved but he was going back to what he had been before.
yeah you see i really need to read the silmarrillion!!
Quote:
He (Gandalf) may have been sad to leave all those cute little hobbits that he so loved but he was going back to what he had been before.
That's probably true; however, one did follow him home. I wonder if his mother will let him keep it. Elk Grinning Smilie
She might let him keep one, but TWO?

As long as he feeds them and takes them out for walks perhaps?
oh gosh both of you guys have a great sense of humor!!