Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Letters

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Other... > Letters   
one of my favorite books is The Letters of JRR Tolkien. it actualy is probably my favorite even though i have not finished it. i would like to reccomend it to everyone
I can say the same. The Letters of JRR Tolkien is a wonderful book full of new informations. And it gives us many details and attitudes of Tolkien, so that you can understand his works better than before.
I would also recommend to buy it, if you haven't. ;-)
The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien is edited by Humphrey Carpenter with assistance of Christopher Tolkien and includes a new, expanded index. (So sayeth its cover.)

I have the Houghton Mifflin paperback edition of 2000, ISBN 0-618-05699-8, $15 US
I have never read The Letters of JRR Tolkien. but im guessing that you would reccomend it for a good Tolkien-related book?
I've sneak-peeked a little bit of it in the bookstore, and it looks good! Definately a good ME related book!
It is good and invaluable for finding out what JRRT thought about things. It has letters of his regarding his writings, his life, family, publisher, his views on LOR as a film and oh, just about everything.
Finally Ive ordered The Letters, cant wait to get it and READ IT !!!
OH !! Ive read it and I love the letters he wrote for his boys!! WHAT A WONDERFUL GIFT TO GIVE TO THEM EVERY YEAR !! And all the great stories ... I will read them for my children as well...
Quote:
OH !! Ive read it and I love the letters he wrote for his boys!! WHAT A WONDERFUL GIFT TO GIVE TO THEM EVERY YEAR !! And all the great stories ... I will read them for my children as well...
This sounds like Tolkien's The Father Christmas Letters rather than The Letters of JRR Tolkien edited by Humphrey Carpenter with the assistance of Christopher Tolkien, ISBN 0-618-05699-8.
I found the letters to his sons very interesting, too. But my favourites were the more book-related ones.
You are so true Grondy ...it was the letters from father christmas..Ive tried ordering THE LETTERS also but I havent found them yet in norwegian..maybe Amariť can help me ..anyway it was great fun reading the letters from father X-mas...
I love love love my Letters book. It is as if I can see him clearly and hear him breathe and hear his voice which I know anyways since I have his reading of the challenge by the pool under mountain between Bilbo and Gullum.