Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hurin Competition

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Other... > Hurin Competition   
Harper Collins have launched a new website to accompany the launch of The Children of Hurin, first person to post the name of the hotel in Lancashire where you can stay if you win the 'weekend for two in Tolkien country' wins a Duluxe edition of Children of Hurin! Check out the website at http://tolkien.hcp-uk.co.uk/
I found the name, but will leave it for a non-council member to find the name on that website and win the book. Happy Elf Smilie
Ok let's try again - anyone want to win a copy of Children of Hurin?
is it the same competion as before? The one which grondy posted somewhere?

I would like to win one but since i can't bear postage cost i guess i'm not eligible? Wink Smilie
No, No - it's not if you read the first post you'll see you just have to go to the website and tell me the name of the hotel to win. Simple!
Ok i pmed you what i think the answer is.
Congratualtions you win! - just email your name address and phone number to council@planet-tolkien.com
Thank you. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Orc Grinning Smilie
Huh? Orc Going Huh Smilie
I do regret being busy now...
As the thread just goes on and on and on...... In the first post there is a link, that leads you to a site where you can see a hotel.... Grep stated, "PM to me the name of the hotel on that site and you can win a copy of 'Children of Húrin'." Thorin went to the site and he got the name correct and therefore won a copy.... Does that make it clear???
I never said that something isnt clear to me!! I said "Huh?" cause i never saw a easier way to win such a awesome prize!! Good on ya Thorin!! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

In the beggining i saw there were 5 books to give away.. Were the other three available only at the first competition, or were they divided to the lucky Council members? Im just curious.
They are still available as prizes for future contests. Happy Elf Smilie
The council thinks it would be quite unfair to the membership were we to grab them for ourselves.Angel Smilie
Besides, they will be sent to Grep, so we couldn't grab them if we were crass enough to try. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Thats great. I cant wait for the next competition. My luck may yet change!! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Oh I understand now, sorry about that Eth, I too thought it a tad too easy Orc Smiling Smilie Maybe my luck will change also, maybe the "it's too easy to win" comments might make the CM's re-think future competitions, now they'll be harder Orc Going Huh SmilieOrc Smiling Smilie