Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: LOSAG

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Other... > LOSAG   
I was wondering, if anyone has looked at it; if there is any particular way that The Legend Of Sigurd And Gudrun should be spoken? I have looked at the intorduction and commentary, and there are some guidelines as to the form of the poetry, but I can't seem to get it right. I've tried reading it like an ordinary poem, with stresses in the obivous places, but I don't think this is right. I think it should be better read a bit more like a narative. Or faling that with a real sea-go-and-ship's old English style of speaking. Anyone who could help me that would be great! !!!

Hi! If you go to youtube there is a video that includes a little bit of reading from the audio edition (I think), if that helps any. I would link to it but I think that's forbidden.

Search 'The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun' there (youtube) and it should come up however. Not the book trailer, but a version uploaded by ANeilsonHC on Apr 7, 2009, for example.

Or I would think the following link is alright. If not sorry.

http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/870-The_Legend_of_Sigurd_and_Gudrun.php

Two videos should appear on this page. The one on the right has the bits of reading.