Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Uruk-hai

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Fellowship of the Ring > The Uruk-hai   
I get you. People always think I know a lot so they ask me most of the time, I mostly get asked about maths and English. That`s what annoys me though, I want to take a break from work and some one comes up to me and asks me about maths or something else. Mad Smilie I don`t like being the smart knowledgeable one, at my school mostly.
I`m not sure wether he`s mentioned in the books or not, but yes you`re right in saying Saruman didn`t mention his name. That`s annoying really, because if you want to know his name, then it bugs you that you can`t find out unless someone tells you. Mad Smilie Very annoying.

Well, I hope you find out. Good luck.

Oh, just asking why did you want to know?
In the book FotR, a Uruk-hai leader is neither mentioned by name or even mentioned, as the hobbits were not captured until the opening chapter of TTT. Thus Lurtz in the movie was a figment of PJ's imagination needed to be the fall guy for Aragorn to kill.

And yes Uglśk was the Uruk-hai leader of the group that captured Merry and Pippin in both the movie and the book TTT. Shagrat was the leader of the Orcs of Cirith Ungol and Gorbag of the patrol from Minas Morgul, in both books TTT and RotK. Both of whom I assume we will finally meet in next December's movie LotR: RotK.
I also didn't see a Grishnack in the movies that's the guy from Lugburz.
I didn`t hear any leaders names at all, out of the orcs of coarse.
Only thing you got from an orc was a roar and a growl here or there. It was easy to write their parts for the movies, Animated Wink Smilie Animated Wink Smilie Animated Wink Smilie Animated Wink Smilie Animated Wink Smilie Animated Wink Smilie
Big Laugh Smilie Well that`s true.
Thanks Grondy!
Quote:
Oh, just asking why did you want to know?

I wanted to know because it ticks me off not knowing the characters name when my younger brother really looks up to me because of my knowledge....I do not want to let him down.... you know what I mean? Sad Smilie
Hehehehe yes Perwing thank you!
Quote:
you'll see that someone almost always knows the answer.

Yeah, he's called Val..... Wink Smilie
HAhahaha yes I agree Plastic...Val seems to be cunning in this lore....He always has either the answer or knows the books where I can find the answers...Cheers Val for the great knowledge you have! Smoke Smilie
Let`s find a question that he doesn`t know the answer to! That`ll be fun to find out what he says. Big Smile Smilie
Me.... I know, nothing. Tongue Smilie
Quote:
Let`s find a question that he doesn`t know the answer to!
Well, the other month in Mellie's quiz I was pulling my hair out trying to discover where Durin the Deathless first awoke.... And I'm still trying unsuccessfully to discover who precisely forged the Ring of Barahir (see Ring of Barahir thread in the Silmarillion section)
Quote:
And I'm still trying unsuccessfully to discover who precisely forged the Ring of Barahir (see Ring of Barahir thread in the Silmarillion section)

Yes yes that is my work....that“s good though Val that you are really trying to give me an answer! Thanks!
Val, you know ALOT!! Okay? Now don`t you start an arguement. Wink Smilie
Yeah Val! Listen to Sheryl! She is right....you are very wise in these matters....you are as wise as Mandos!
C I`m dum! I don`t even know who Mandos is yet, you probably do. You just wait everyone, he`ll come out with an explanation and description of who he is soon. Big Smile Smilie Wink Smilie
Well I won“t spoil your fun Sheryl unless you would want to so I will let Val explain... No one else explains who Mandos is unless she specificly says so!!
Mandos is a member? If she is, I feel greatly embarresed, I`m sorry and I`ve never seen her around the boards. Oopps! Big Laugh Smilie I`m going to hide until my face goes from being red back to it`s normal colour. Big Laugh Smilie
NONONONO Sheryl you missunderstood me(again:orcsmilieSmile Smilie....I meant that no one explains who Mandos is to YOU unless YOU say so.....get it? And I have no idea if there is a member named Mandos but it wasen“t the member I was referring toWink Smilie
Oh right, I thought you said it`s up to Mandos to say whether she wants to be described! Big Laugh Smilie Silly me. You can explain if you want, on second thoughts, don`t I`ll meet Mandos in the book in a year or so. Big Laugh Smilie
Sorry to dissapoint you Sheryl but you will never meet Mandos unless you are thinking about the Silmarillion... He is not in LOTR or The Hobbit
Why do I seem to be the only person in the world who can spell disappoint? Exploding Head Smilie
That`s okay, I`ll probably get TS for Christmas. I`ll enjoy reading that too. I think they should do TS after LOTR films and the Hobbit. Igmore that comment, just talking to myself.
Sorry Peredhil....I know that it spells disappoint but I was in a rush to write it....so you see it is not always I spell right because I have school and classes.... and Sheryl I really do not hope that PJ is even thinking about destroying the Silmarillion for the "common folks"! I would kill him if then.....And by the way the Sil can“t be depicted in one or 3movies.....it would have to be a series to show the fullness of that book!
Oh, I`ll take your word for it. You know PJ isn`t all bad. I think he made a success of those films. You never know. If he made TS then it might be the best film he`s ever made. Wink Smilie Yeah right . Like that`ll that will ever happen. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
And I have no idea if there is a member named Mandos but it wasen“t the member I was referring to
At the moment we don't Smile Smilie

We have Aule's, Yavanna's, Varda's, Melkor's, Nessa's etc, but no one to take care of the dead yet.

[Edited on 4/4/2003 by Valedhelgwath]
Val ixney on the endsney.......or wait no you are the one who was gnna reveal it for Sheryl! Go ahead Val, enlighten her!
Yeah, go on. I`m listening with my elf-like pointy ears. Big Smile Smilie
You havwe elf-like, pointy ears Sheryl? Smile Smilie

Mandos (or Namo as he is also called) was one of the Valar. He was brother to Lorien and Nienna and husband to Vaire. As well as overseeing the Halls of the Dead, Mandos was also the Doomseer of the Valar. As such, of all of the Valar, he was the only one to have full memory of the Great Music, and thus can forsee the future as an extension of the will of Eru, when Manwe wills him to do so.
Firstly, I don`t have elf-like pointy ears, well almost. Wink Smilie No I`m joking, I don`t have pointy ears, I just felt like saying it. I don`t know why.

Secondly, thank you for telling me that. I don`t know any of those people you mentioned, but I`m sure I`ll hear about them in the next year or so.
And now I must point out the fact that we all are going way of the topic that I made......so back to the Uruk-hai Val and Sheryl!
Sorry!

Urak-Hai are ugly, just like me! To tell you the truth, no one`s ugly, it`s just people`s apinions i suppose.

Urak-Hai are evil, they obey Sauron.

Actually, I don`t notice that there was an Urak-Hai leader, though there was one that sort of stood out, but I didn`t think that he was the leader. Cool Smilie
Quote:
Urak-Hai are evil, they obey Sauron

Sheryl the Uruk-hai do not serve Sauron, but Saruman. They are Isengarders....crossbred from orcs and evil men.....They have no other master than Saruman.....And about
Quote:
Urak-Hai are ugly, just like me! To tell you the truth, no one`s ugly, it`s just people`s apinions i suppose.
I completely agree....some people may find me unattractive(alot do) and some people may find me very attractive......beauty and foulness is in the beholders eye!......do you understand me Sheryl?
Quote:
Sheryl the Uruk-hai do not serve Sauron, but Saruman. They are Isengarders....crossbred from orcs and evil men.....They have no other master than Saruman...
Sorry to disagree Aule, but the Uruk-hai were first bred by Sauron in Mordor. They first appeared in TA 2475 when they overran Ithilien and took Osgiliath.

What Saruman created was a breed of half-orcs, created by cross breeding Uruk-hai and evil Men.
Ahh...I apologize for my fault Sheryl... I was wrong and here Val told me something I had forgotten so I looked it up in The Complte Tolkien Companion(Excellent book of much use!) and found my error.....Well I have to re-read LOTR because this is getting silly when I always find my self in error:P
Quote:
Quote:
I completely agree....some people may find me unattractive(alot do) and some people may find me very attractive......beauty and foulness is in the beholders eye!......do you understand me Sheryl?

I understand you...

Well Aule, you said you was going to re-read LOTR anyway to boost your knowledge and to help someone with their reading??

Anyway, I still think the Urak Hai are evil, they obey both Sauron and Saruman. Wink Smilie
I think the spear was covered with cyanide : that should explain the sudden death.
Uruk-Hai Uruk-Hai! Isengarders! Mordor! Well here we have a thing that is quite silly.....People think that getting a spear in your abdomen mean certain and instant death....well it doesn“t.......You can get shot in the abdomen and live for some days before dying....
Until modern surgery, gut wounds were almost always fatal, though death was generally fairly slow and painful.

Much of what we learned about digestion came from an army surgeon, William Beaumont. In 1822 an army porter, Alexis St Martin, was accidentally shot at close range with a musket. The wound put a large hole in his abdomen through which his recently eaten breakfast poured out. William Beaumont tried persistantly over the next ten month to close the wound, using a tightly rolled bandage to plug the hole. Eventually a flap of skin grew over the hole which acted similar to a valve, in that whenever it was pressed the hole could be reopened.

For nine years this doctor patient relationship lasted, Beaumont able to carry out many experiments during that time giving us a much better understanding of the digestive process.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Uruk hai, though Elf Confused Smilie
Well from the movie! The Uruk-hai that got the spear in through his back into his abdomen did not die but a lot of PTers thought so! Do you see why I brought it up Val?
ARGGH!!!!!:veryangry: ITS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

VIRUMOR, THE SPEAR WAS NOT THAT ORCS BANE!!! IT WAS TREEBEARD WHO SQUISHED HIM!!!!
You mean Treebeard in the movie walked all the way to Isengard with the remains of an Orc under his foot ???
Quite unpleasant - maybe that explains why he is 'hasty'.
What the heck are you talking about Virumor?!?!?! We are talking about the orc who got skewered by the Rohirrim when they attacked the orc camp.....he then came after Merry and Pippin.....Treebeard squished him and starts talking to Merry and Pippin!!!
Yes my post was about that.
Oh sorry...I misinterperted it....Didn“t see this:
Quote:
remains of an Orc under his foot
n hehehe

Very sorry Virumor!
A long chat about sqashed orc between Treebeard's toes, aaahhhhhhh. Just what I was wanting! Big Laugh Smilie
Yeah well to bad Stony....we won“t disguss it any moreTongue Smilie