Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: what's with the arwen

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Two Towers > what's with the arwen   [1] [2] >>
Quote:
what was that whole thing with the aragorn dying (not really but you know) bc that didn't happen in the book
Welcome to Planet Tolkien, Legata_GreenLeaf. Unfortunately, in the same post as I greet you, I must also disagree with your comment about Aragorn's death, which is indeed in the book. If you read Appendix A of RotK, you will find a section called the Tale of Aragorn and Arwen. This section concludes with the death of both Aragorn and Arwen in FA 120. PJ was using material from this appendix when he had Elrond show Arwen her fate if she were to marry Aragorn.
Quote:
what was that whole thing with the aragorn dying (not really but you know) bc that didn't happen in the book
I believe what Legata_GreenLeaf was speaking of here, was that incident in the movie where Aragorn made his high dive off the bluff into the raging river below and everyone thought he was dead. Thankfully, PJ didn't perpetuate this fraud and make us wait until next December to learn the happy outcome. Elf Winking Smilie
I Let me refrase that:
I`m with Grondy & Val!
That is totally correct from my point of view.

C ya l8tr! xx
I am saving money to buy the LOTR book...it's about time for me to read it!
Quote:
I am saving money to buy the LOTR book...it's about time for me to read it!

Yikes! You mean you haven't? Really? What's taken you so long?
I believe that Grondy may be right about what Legata_Greenleaf meant about the whole aragorn dying and stuff......You know the free fall with one of the wargsBig Smile Smilie
I conceed that one Smile Smilie

Her sentence, "what was that whole thing with the aragorn dying," just gave me the image of the scene where he was lying on his tomb with Arwen crying for him. I'd forgotten about the Warg scene (managed to totally erase it from my mind like all other things that I don't like)
Legata_Greenleaf, you have to read the book and soon!! I`m not even half way through reading FOTR. I need to get my head down and read! Read Smilie
Why haven´t you all read it??? Did you think that the movie justifies the books??? Or that the movie has everything from the book and NOTHING is alternated?!?!

MAN!!! phew....don´t mind me everybody.....just letting some steem out......
I have a feeling that Aule is a purist like me! But maybe not quite as bad as me!

[Edited on 18/3/2003 by Ross]
It`s okay Aule.I`m in the process of reading the trilogy. Don`t get your knickers in a twist. (Litrerally.) Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie
Bad purists! Big Laugh Smilie
Never call us purist bad, we're not like this by choice, it's a matter of obsession! Big Laugh Smilie
Okay then. Um..... Ah ha! Tut, tut, tut. Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
Never call us purist bad, we're not like this by choice, it's a matter of obsession!
Well said Ross! Smoke Smilie
Okay, if you want to put tit that way.
Ross, I hope you didn`t take it personally, it was a joke, just like the time when you called a certain someone a stalker. Okay? Cool Smilie
Be cool. Wink Smilie
Sheryl there seems to be some confusion, I was having a joke, thats why the Ork with wiggly horns is in the top corner!
I know. I was only messing with ya.

Sheryl xx
I`m on page 130 out of 137_? I think it`s that.
How far have you come in the reading process Sheryl??? I will be checking up that until you are done with the books....
Yes now I remember! Thanks Virumor!
Does that mean you`ll be nagging me all the time? Oh no!!) Big Laugh Smilie One moment I`ll just check what page I`mm on....................................*Sheryl goes and checks*.......................................... Right, I`m back. I`m on page 126 of the trilogy. Okay? You do know that if you nag me until I get it finished you`re going to be nagging me for about 9 months, don`t you? Big Laugh Smilie
Eärwen is Finarfin's wife, thus Galadriel's mother. So she is Arwen's greatgrandmother.
Right from now on we all nagg at Sheryl to read the book, it took me long ennough to get her to start it!

Read the book,read the book,read the book,read the book,read the book,read the book, got it? Wink Smilie
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where`s that blessed book gone. PT members attacking me! HELP!!!!!!!

(They`ve got to get bored sometime this year haven`t they? ( months will be too long for them to nag me EVERY day.) Big Laugh Smilie
You read the book yet Sheryl?

Lets start a new thread called has Sheryl read the book yet?

The same goes for you Elda!
Come on, you have to wait 9 months!! Even I`d get bored.

Nice idea Ross, but you wouldn`t get the answer to that question from me for a LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG while. Big Smile Smilie

Val merely edited this post to place a break in the long word that Sheryl had made which was causing the whole thread to streeeeettttccchhh.
[Edited on 31/3/2003 by Valedhelgwath]

[Edited on 31/3/2003 by Valedhelgwath]
Hey Sheryl just one question, have you read the book yet?
Sheryl I have dedicated a thread to everyone who wishes to support you in your reading in The Lord of the Rings (the books) !
That`s nice. Big Smile Smilie

It isn`t fun no. But it`s funny. Big Smile Smilie

Perwing, I would read the book but then I don`t get to see everyone on this site and I would become very very sad! Very Sad Smilie
Now you want me to die? Big Laugh Smilie
I have been! God help me! Big Laugh Smilie
Tongue Smilie Did you want me Sheryl?
Big Laugh Smilie That`s not right, I thought you was Satan the Devil! Big Laugh Smilie
Moderator Smilie Can we keep things on topic please guys (and girls) Moderator Smilie

Idle chatter should be done in the chatroom or via PM... Thanks Smile Smilie
Sorry. Sad Smilie
What was the topic again?? Tongue Smilie
Don`t know. Oh yeah, what`s with the Arwen? Right let me think. I thought it was funny when Aragorn woke up and found that it was the horse licking his face not Aragorn! Big Laugh Smilie Just need to hyphan the *licking* part and you can read it correctly. Wink Smilie
Ehhh...Sheryl what do you mean when you say:
Quote:
I thought it was funny when Aragorn woke up and found that it was the horse licking his face not Aragorn! Just need to hyphan the *licking* part and you can read it correctly.

????? I do not follow you here Sheryl...
Sorry! Big Laugh Smilie I was meant to say '.........it was the horse licking his face not Arwen...............' By hyphaning the licking part, she kissed him but I felt like putting licking instead it sounds more gross. Big Smile Smilie
Okey....well....hmm....Sheryl....I think that I know what´s with the arwen....she is an elf right?Wink Smilie she is the granddaughter of Celeborn and Galadriel right? She got some ainu blood and some human blood besides her elven blood......and it is a pride heritage.....she might feel alot of pressureBig Smile Smilie you know marrying Aragorn was probably the best thing(most useful thing to the world) that she ever did...
She only got her Maia-blood from Melian according to me, not from Eärwen; Eärwen was no Ainu, just an Elf. It was Melian who was the Maia.
For one thing I`ve just descovered 2 new things from what you just said.
1 I didn`t know that she was the granddaughter of Celeborn and Galadriel!
2 and I didn`t know that she had ainu blood in her blood stream.

I learn alot of things from this site! I`m glad I do. Big Smile Smilie
Yes well Sheryl.....Celebrian who was Elronds wife is the daughter of Galadriel and Celeborn...Elrond got ainu blood from his mother´s side.....Elwing.....she got it from her fathers side...Dior Eluchil..who got it from his mothers side....Lúthien Tinuviel....who got it from her mother Melian who was a maia! There I hope I have cleared it up for youBig Smile Smilie
That was a little confusing but I think it helped. Big Smile Smilie Thank you.
That's correct Virumor. Her maian blood came from her father's side of the family not her mother's. Aule's lineage is correct.
Hehehe thanks for backing me up guys! Well I thought it was little confusing Perry.....but wait a sec....Who is Eärwen? I can´t remember who that is! How does Eärwen even come into the picture????
How the h*** do you find out all this stuff?!
Read the books.
Okay, that`s including all the extras isn`t it? Cool Smilie I`ve got to read all that! ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!
Quote:
Okay, that`s including all the extras isn`t it? I`ve got to read all that! ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!
One doesn't necessarily have to do it all at once. If one reads 10 pages every day one will get there before too long. The hard part usually is limiting the number of pages we read in any one sitting. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
  [1] [2] >>