Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: dolls??

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Two Towers > dolls??   
I totally agree with you. I wanted to buy some figures to go on my window sill, but when I looked at some photos of them, they look nothng like the actors! Come on, they could do better than that! Big Laugh Smilie
Well now, who said that the actors looks exactly like the charachters Tolkien imagined when he wrote the book? Just because the dolls doesn't look exactly like the actors it doesn't mean it isn't the charachters from the books. And isn't it the charachters from the books we all like so much?
By this I'm not saying I like the whole merchandising part about LotR. I'm just stating that just because PJ made a movie I don't think people should lose their own images of the charachters. Creating your own views on how the charachters looks is half the fun when reading a book. Using your imagination! There is no such ting as right and wrong there. Go ahead and create your own Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn etc. That's the beauty in reading a book. Smile Smilie
Quote:
I don't think people should lose their own images of the charachters.

I think that the movie portrays the Fellowship better than any image that I thought up! Big Smile Smilie
I agree with Aire, when I read the series before the movie came out, I didn't picture them at all like that. Especially Gandalf and Sam. Unless the dolls say "from the movie" or something, then I can understand it being kinda cheap.
Hey, the 'action figures' are pretty ordinary looking, but has anyone seen the Weta statues? I know they're really expensive, but i have Frodo and it's really life like. I was just very very lucky to get one for Chirstmas, and it's probably where my collection will end, but it's cool to even have that. The only thing is, you can't shoot arrows or swing the sword with the statues. Now, where's the fun in that? Tongue Smilie
Quote:
The only thing is, you can't shoot arrows or swing the sword with the statues. Now, where's the fun in that? Tongue Smilie
Well you could use them for targets. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

OMG: I sound just like Ross. Big Laugh Smilie

[Edited on 12/3/2003 by Grondmaster]
What do you mean by expensive? How big are the statues? (Roughly.) When it`s my birthday/Christmas, I`m going to ask for some LOTR things. I haven`t got much at the moment.
Quote:
Well you could use them for targets.

OMG: I sound just like Ross.

Finally I'm rubbing off on Grondy! Big Laugh Smilie

I also agree with Airecristiel, It's much better to use your own imagination. If you can't afford them of don't like them don't whine, go and buy your self some Milliput and sulpt your own model, that way your's will be a one of a kind. Plus if you base it on the characters from the films, you could use them for targets! Big Laugh Smilie
Silly man! Big Laugh Smilie Funny though!! Big Laugh Smilie
This might be kinda off the topic but I just gotta say this.....Has anyone here seen the creepy and DANGEROUS doll in Genma Onimusha??? It“s really freaking creepy!!!