Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: TTTExtended

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Two Towers > TTTExtended   << [1] [2]
I've watched the extended version and I agree with most of you who said that it is much better than the theatrical version. I especially liked the Merry and Pippin parts, drinking the Ent draught, getting caught in what looked like Old Man Willow and also the Flotsam and Jetsam scenes. Big Smile Smilie

I think Faramir's potrayal is better in which it's explained why he acted the way he did to Frodo and Sam, besides showing his bond with Boromir and his father's biased love (I thought Denethor was exactly how I imagined him to be, but we'll see in ROTK). But IMO it still didn't justify his treatment of Gollum at the end when he released the hobbits, not to mention his men's brutal gang-up on Gollum earlier! What did Gollum did to him anyway, just because he's ugly and skulking that doesn't mean he is bad! He was Smeagol at that point and they had no reason to treat him like a criminal! Mad Smilie

*cooling off* Anyway, I thought the rest of the scenes were great, including the final tally between Legolas and Gimli as well as the shot of the forest's attack on the Orcs. And although I found Eowyn to be too forward and almost annoying to Aragorn, I liked the part at Helm's Deep where she protested against them putting her with the women and children, I wished they'd put it in the theatrical version. Still, I was a bit startled when she started singing at Theodred's funeral...it wasn't how I expected it. Shocked Smilie

So in the end it does explain a lot more, and fill in the gaps in the flow of the theatrical version. I think it's money well spent and a must-have for a LOTR book fan (who can accept the changes, anyway Wink Smilie )
Quote:
So in the end it does explain a lot more, and fill in the gaps in the flow of the theatrical version. I think it's money well spent and a must-have for a LOTR book fan (who can accept the changes, anyway )

So, if all you've posted about the TTTTTTExtended is true and if it makes the theatrical TTTTTT movie able to sit through, then why didn't PJ bring out the extended version immediately in the theatres instead of bringing out 1500 special versions? (apart from the fact that New Line Cinema wants to get every penny out of this commercial success?)

[Edited on 2/12/2003 by virumor]
Quote:
why didn't PJ bring out the extended version immediately in the theatres instead of bringing out 1500 special versions? (apart from the fact that New Line Cinema wants to get every penny out of this commercial success?)
I think you've answered that question yourself Vir. Unfortunately, it's money that makes the world go around now days.
  << [1] [2]