Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Some good news!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Return of the King > Some good news!   
I agree with your points Merlin, and I also feel that 3.5 to 4 hours should be plenty of time for PJ to give us an adequate version of ROTK. I too hope that ROTK gets the ending it deserves, and I share your feelings about the scene with Saurman in the Shire, because I would really like to see him get his just desserts on the big screen.
Elf Smilie
No I think you are probably correct about that Perwing. I think that I was wrong in my assumption. When I saw that statement on oscarwatch it was vague, and without very much thought, I added my assumption. In thinking more about it now I think you are right, so maybe this is that 1% of the time (just kidding).
Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I didn't think Faramir met Eowyn...
4 hours long? should be enough time for Elladan and Elrohir to say a few words then... Big Smile Smilie
Quote:

Then why in Eru's name would he have married her my dear Dwarf?
Thanks for that report Elfstone!! That's good stuff!
Quote:
Faramir and Eowyn met in RotK, Book VI, on the second page of Chapter 5 entitled 'The Steward and King', when they were both convalescing in the Houses of Healing, two days after the Captains of the West left Minas Tirith on their way to the Black Gate of the Morannon. Five days later Faramir proposed, the lady said yes, oh and later that same day an Eagle brought them news that the Dark Tower had fallen. Ho hum. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Sorry, for some reason I remember her as dying at the battle, heroically and all. Silly me. Then I read all this stuff about he marrying him, and I still didn't remember it. In fact, I still don't. But I believe you. How very strange... Wink Smilie
Hello, I've been away for a while, I hope you all missed me terribly... Big Smile Smilie
Anyway, I've got a sneaking suspision that a good deal of that 4 hours will be devoted to battle scenes (though rightly there should be quite a lot) but I hope they do not compromise on the story too much.
Elfstone, that stuff sounds really good and has alleviated many of my worries - thanks.
The thing is will the ring get destroyed? I think it will. By the way, I haven`t read ROTK yet. Cool Smilie
Eru works in mysterious way Squirrel. Smoke Smilie
Thats graet news I thought they were going to be leaving all of that stuff out of the movie. Big Smile Smilie