Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Howard Shore and his orchestra of ainur!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Return of the King > Howard Shore and his orchestra of ainur!   
I have to agree with Sheryl on this one..especially the song at the end of the movie, that reminded me about BjŲrk, and her voice doesn't fit to that kind of music..I'm not saying it was bad, but I thought it would be better...
Yeah he was a great choice for making the soundtrack, I don't have TTT soundtrack but I really enjoy the one of FOTR.
I was quite disappointed with TTT soundtrack. I didn`t find it as good as I thought it would be.
What?!?! Are you kidding!!! Samwise The Brave and Forth Eorlingas are EXCELLENT!!!!!!
CelebrŪan how could you say so? makes me cry to hear a fellow skandinavian say that... Sad Smilie
Celebrain`s right. Her voice just didn`t suit the music. Sorry Aule.
I like TTT soundtrack, but it doesn't seem to have many varieties of music and the theme for Rohan is repeated a few times. In the FOTR, the music seemed - to me - to have more varieties, like the theme for Hobbiton, Rivendell, Lothlorien, Moria and Barad-Dur.
I was hoping that Enya would sing on TTT I really liked her song " May it be" on FOTR.
I was hoping for that too Stonehelm.
BjŲrk is ok, but not in a Tolkien movie. I agree with Celebrian and Sheryl.
oh well.... hehehe okey I guess you all are right......but I still LOVE Samwise the Brave and Forth EorlingasBig Smile Smilie
yeah it wasnīt good with BjŲrk.....
I think that Enya has a good "elven" voice, maybe she will sing on ROTK.
Have you heard that Liv Tyler recorded a song for RotK? I don't know if they're going to put it in, and i have no idea what her voice is like singing, but if it's anything like when she talks, it'll be good. And i agree that Gollum's Song sounded different to all the other songs, but maybe that's a good thing, to break up all of Enya's songs. It has an eerie beauty to it...well, i think so anyway. It's one of my favourites.
Quote:
I think that Enya has a good "elven" voice, maybe she will sing on ROTK.

She better bloody not....
Quote:

She better bloody not....

Why not Plastic?
are you anit-Enya? hahahaBig Laugh Smilie
The way Liv Tyler talks in the film is not how she really sounds. She had to lower her voice to give her character that feeling of passion,love, wisdom and so on. She thought it would sound really awful, but it turned out alright. Wolf Smilie

yeah she doesnīt speak the same as in Armaggedon and in interwiewesBig Smile Smilie
Quote:
I like TTT soundtrack, but it doesn't seem to have many varieties of music and the theme for Rohan is repeated a few times. In the FOTR, the music seemed - to me - to have more varieties, like the theme for Hobbiton, Rivendell, Lothlorien, Moria and Barad-Dur.

i think i like FOTR more. though TT is also good, the songs don't offer the element of surprise anymore.( or maybe i've just listened it too much..)
the foundations of stone is my favourite.
Liv definatly doesn't sound like that in real life.... She sounds like a little girl...

I personally loved TTT soundtrack, King of the Golden Hall is unbeleivable...I love the Rohan theme, I there will be an amazing conclusion to the Rohan theme when Eowyn kills the witch king! Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps Big Smile Smilie

Howard Shore has done an amazing job, there are many times in the movies when I don't think the scenes would be as emotional without the music or with different music. And there are some songs that seriously almost bring me to tears...

I hear you Kaimelar! I think about the end of The Bridge of Khazad-DŻm....*sob* Orc Sad Smilie Sad Smilie

Oh and by the way....Welcome to PT Kaimelar! I hope you will enjoy this magnificient website as I am!
Aww thanks Aule! I'm definatly having fun

BTW ::sobs:: on the Khazad-Dum ending here also

:'(
Quote:
What?!?! Are you kidding!!! Samwise The Brave and Forth Eorlingas are EXCELLENT!!!!!!

No I`m not kidding. I sit there listening to the track and end up skipping a few so I wouldn`t sit there bored!

Sorry this reply is very late.

Sheryl I am very dissapointed at you my very young apprentice:P My Padawan you must see that I am the one that is correct:P hahahahha no I am just joking Sheryl!
I really liked the Isengard theme, the Rohan theme, and the Dwarvish chanting in Moria. The Shire and Fellowship themes were good too. (But I REALLY liked …owyn's Theme (if u know what that is Smile Smilie )
Isengard Unleashed was good; with The Ents (or whatever it was called) rithannen i geven, thangen i harn...
Me no know what you talk aboot....me like some songs.....me no like song: Treebeard something!
I listen to the real LoTR soundtrack : album nightfall in middle-earth. all the songs on this cd are excellent. pj would have earned at least five nanograms of sympathy if he chose that album as the soundtrack to lotr instead of those elvish home-and-kitchen songs.
I love Blind Guardian....they are soooooo great.....especially Time Stands Still!
Yeh, at least those guys can express the emotions inherent in Tolkien's work the way it should be, instead of whining Elvish.

[Edited on 21/10/2003 by virumor]
I think Howard Shore and company did a fine job on both movies and expect the same on the third installment.
I dont know If you want to hear the new Soundtrack, maybe you have a similar site and you now how it sounds, the new sound of middle earth.

Okay here you finde a example of the new Soundtrack , for a downeload:

http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/v2/de/news/news-detail_822.php

it is a german page so maybe try to let it translate for you ;-) I cut not find it on an english site but maybe you look on this page: http://www.warofthering.net
so have fun an now I have a question:

IS there coming a limepostThreadID edition like we had for TTT ???

Nessa

Edit:

OHO We have a Scene on the Grey Havens!!!!!!!!!!!

Here look in the music-list:

A Storm is Coming
Hope and Memory
Minas Tirith
The White Tree
The Stewart of Gondor
Minas Morgul
The Ride of the Rohirrim
Twilight and Shadow
Cirith Ungol
Anduril
Shelob's Lair
Ash and Smoke
The Fields of The Pelennor
Hope Fails
The Black Gate Opens
The End of All Things
The Return of the King
The Grey Havens
Into The West

Bey

[Editiert am 10/11/2003 von Nessa]
Quote:
IS there coming a limited edition like we had for TTT ???
I don't know, Nessa. I assume there will be, but it will depend on whether they sold enough of 'TTT Limited Edition Soundtrack' CDs.

The leatherette cover on the TTT limited edition is nicer than the crystal boxes; however, I'm not sure how long the 'Gollum's eyes cummerbund' will last. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

If they come out with 'RotK Limited Edition Soundtrack' CD, I'll buy it.
My fave are Shadow of the Past and the Bridge of Khazad-dum: they're masterpieces!!!

Namarie!
Quote:
IS there coming a limepostThreadID edition like we had for TTT ???

This is from the official LOTR website :
Quote:
Featuring performances by Annie Lennox and Sir James Galway, the Return of the King soundtrack will be available in three versions
ē Standard edition (Nov. 25).
ē Limited edition, three-CD set containing full soundtracks from each film in the trilogy, plus 18 collectorís cards (Nov. 25).
ē Limited edition CD-DVD with bonus 5-minute trilogy supertrailer and a 20-minute documentary about composer Howard Shore (Dec. 9).
Naira, thanks for the information.

So I know what I buy and it will be not this Box of all three CD surly I have the others ;-)) so thank you!
Well, that's according to the website, I'm not sure if all the versions are available everywhere, but I hope they are.

Still, you're welcome, Nessa. Smile Smilie
Its Great it is fantastic music!! I have the CD now 5 min and I love it *gg*
Who is singing in the end of the song* Steward of Gondor* without music?? it is sooooo good!.

And the Ride of the Rohirrim ! Oh it is ........believe me *gg* I am under the spell of this music, sorry

AND look at the song* Return of the King* Viggo Mortensen!!!! Viggo was writing the melody...........oh people I new it..........

So sorry but I cant free me of the spell from the music ;-)
I just received in the mail today the leather bound RotK Soundtrack. It is comprised of one audio CD and one DVD plus all th loose cards and stamps and the built-in booklet. It just started playing and is awesome. I really dig "The Edge of Night" at the end of track 5, but that is as far as I've got and I've got to go make my dinner now.