Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Parts from the Book

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Return of the King > Parts from the Book   [1] [2] >>
Well, in the FotR Extended DVD, PJ said that the Scouring of the Shire would not be included. However, since then it has been reported that there has been a lot of additional shooting. Maybe he changed his mind? I won't get my hopes up for that one.

I think most of the the other major items you mentioned will be included (at least to some extent), but it is really the level of detail which remains uncertain. For example, how much will Merry and Pippin's stories be developed? Also, I am looking forward to the exchange at the Black Gate. If Aragorn fights Sauron there, as some have speculated, then perhaps the Mouth of Sauron will not be included. Hopefully this won't be the case, as I enjoyed the banter between Gandalf and the MoS quite a bit.
I haven`t read ROTK yet, so I can`t add to that. I`d like to see most things from the book in there though. I didn`t think that the Shire would be scoured, because I thought that Frodo would destroy the ring and prevent that from happening. So, maybe I`m wrong on this one.
Yes Sauron conquers the world in PJ's sick and twisted mind! Frodo get's eaten by Shelob, Sam Kills Gollum and Gollum kills Sam!
Quote:
I didn`t think that the Shire would be scoured, because I thought that Frodo would destroy the ring and prevent that from happening.
In the book, both happen Sheryl. Frodo returns home from destroying the ring to find someone else has had a pretty good go at destroying the Shire.
Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie

Okay, that was funny, as you can see. Big Laugh Smilie
No one tell me, but if that`s included, I can`t wait to see what happens after. Big Smile Smilie
The bit at the Black Gate is also one of my favorite parts, (or more specifically, a favorite among favorites), so I hope that remains somewhat the same. I believe I remember seeing something in an interview or on a cast list for RotK or something about the MoS being in the movie, so at least there's hope there!
Quote:
Yes Sauron conquers the world in PJ's sick and twisted mind! Frodo get's eaten by Shelob, Sam Kills Gollum and Gollum kills Sam!

Big Laugh Smilie I hope he doesn't go to such legnths to destroy the movie! I mean wasn't TTT bad enough? Exploding Head Smilie
No, I actually liked TTT, and he'd have to go to pretty extreme legnths to completely ruin RotK for me.
Elk Grinning Smilie
This link should take you to the site about the guy who's playing the MoS, unfortunately there's no pic, but at least we know he's there!

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Spence,+Bruce

Pary Smilie yea!
Do you think he'll come out with such lines as. "Your friend has been captured. It's my snake I trained it, I'm gonna' eat it!" Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
Do you think he'll come out with such lines as. "Your friend has been captured. It's my snake I trained it, I'm gonna' eat it!" Big Laugh Smilie

Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Who trained you to be so funny? Big Laugh Smilie Wink Smilie

Who the hell is MoS?????!!!!!! Elf Confused Smilie You`ve completely lost me now. Big Laugh Smilie

[Edited on 19/3/2003 by Sheryl]
The Mouth of Sauron is one of Sauron's head lieutenants. He's the one who tries to trick Gandalf+Co into thinking Frodo and Sam have been captured when they really escaped.
Oh, okay. Smile Smilie
Quote:
It's my snake I trained it, I'm gonna' eat it!"

Haha! Nice one, Ross!
Big Laugh Smilie
For those of you who are wondering why Ross made the snake comment, Bruce Spense who is about to play the Mouth of Sauron, once played the Gyro Captain in Mad Max II. That was one of his better lines. Teacher Smilie
Never heard of him, not likely to. Oh well. Big Laugh Smilie
I`m definately going to see ROTK!! Big Smile Smilie I`m still reading FOTR at the moment. I think I`m in chapter 6. I`m not sure. Elf Confused Smilie
Quote:
For some of them it's obvious that they're going to be in there without too many changes, like Shelob, Battle of the Pellenor Fields, Mt. Doom, Crowning of the King, just because it's so obvious that they've been building up to them the whole time.

But some of the others like the Paths of the Dead, the Houses of Healing, Homeward Bound and the Scouring of the Shire are probably either going to be changed, shortened or left out all together

I hope there will be the Paths of the Dead because that's where Aragorn & co went when all the others (Theoden & Rohirrim, Faramir, Gandalf, etc) are doing battles in various places and the journey also showed Aragorn's ability to finally become a king. And the Houses of Healing is important for the development of the Faramir & Eowyn relationship IMO.
Quote:
And the Houses of Healing is important for the development of the Faramir & Eowyn relationship IMO.

Oops, I forgot about the fact that they're going to have to develop that somehow. Shaking Head Smilie Sad, I know.
Big Laugh Smilie I guess you would be in the crowd of girls then? Big Laugh Smilie
I didn`t know they have a relationship!! That`s wrong, more relationships, love pain and the rest that comes in the package. Well, tell a lie, some relationships are very loving and the couple are the right match and everything like that.
They don't until the 3rd book. That's why it's going to be so important to develop it. (I mean they know each other for how long until they get engaged?) Rolling Eyes Smilie
ENGAGED!!
I`m outraged!!

Na! Only joking. It sortta rhymed so I just said it.
Quote:
. (I mean they know each other for how long until they get engaged?)
Eowyn and Faramir met in the houses of healing on 20 March 3019 T.A. Faramir was smitten and Eowyn decided he was a good catch and her brother, King Eomer would look favorably on the match; thus she said yes some time between 08 April and 01 May of that same year. On 10 August during the burial feast of King Theoden, because the old King would have looked kindly on this celebration, they were officially betrothed (engaged).

Did they have to wait a year in mourning for the old Steward and King before the actual marriage ceremony could take place or could they start living together at once? That I don't know, it would depend on the standards of that time and whether they deserved or desired a State Wedding. With no mothers they could get away with just a simple wedding, or maybe the just took off to Ithilien when King Elessar and Queen Arwen returned to Gondor.
Does Theoden die in ROTK then?
Quote:
Does Theoden die in ROTK then?
He does in the book. I guess he will in the film too, but who knows? Maybe Aragorn will cop it instead of him, and Theoden will become King of the World.
Big Laugh Smilie Okay....... but I would feel sad if that happens, because I don`t like the idea of a hot man dieing. Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
Okay....... but I would feel sad if that happens, because I don`t like the idea of a hot man dieing

Who is the hot man??? Aragorn? In Love Smilie Or Theoden? Shocked Smilie
Don't forget nearly anyone Sheryl chooses is going to be older than her, if she fancies Theoden king she's could pull herself a sugatr daddy! Wink Smilie
Well there are no men my age that are hot!!

King Theoden! YUCK!!!!! Aragorn not to bad if I can say myself. Legolas, oh mumma!! Now Legolas is a real sugar daddy!! Woof woof!!

I`m a slave for Legolas! Feeling hot hot hot!!

[Edited on 30/3/2003 by Sheryl]
So what we're looking for here is basically any scene with a guy in it? Oh, I mean I hot guy... I Love You Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie
Yup! I`m picturing a gang of hot men, inbetween 11 and 30. I see them all hanging around chatting, then some hot girls and I walk in. What happens next? Big Smile Smilie

Come on, make this good.
They all run away.... Smile Smilie
Ow, acid tongue Sheryl comes up with the goods!

Come on Val you were asking for that! Big Laugh Smilie
Oh yeah! I can give people what they`re asking for if they want it! Big Smile Smilie
Great! Can I have some money please Sheryl? Wink Smilie
Or some balloons here Sheryl???
Please can I have a cup of Tea, a Curly Whirrly and a chicken and mushroom pie?
A Curly Wurly is a chocolate bar, curly in shape, with a centre of caramel. Delicious and only costs 15p! Tongue Smilie
Quote:
Great! Can I have some money please Sheryl? Wink Smilie

NO!! I haven`t got any! Big Laugh Smilie Trying to rob an 11 year old child! DISGRACEFUL!! Big Laugh Smilie
Yeah, I`ll get some balloons instead! They`re more cheaper. Big Laugh Smilie Ross the only thing I like from your list is the cirly wirly. I don`t like tea, oh and I hate chicken and mushroom pie!! Big Laugh Smilie
Big Laugh Smilie That`s the sort of thing you expect I suppose. Big Laugh Smilie
Moderator Smilie And what exactly does the above conversation have to do with the third movie? Moderator Smilie
Uh oh, you guys are busted now! Wink Smilie
Well, I need money to go see it Grond, that was the relevant bit, and i'm assuming the other guys need something fun to take with them when they see it? (back me up here guys) btw, Curly Wurly is a lot easier to spell than you guys seem to think. Now stop with this nonsense...

I hope the third movie will have some parts from the book in it.
Quote:
I hope the third movie will have some parts from the book in it.
So do I. I have mixed feelings, I'm scared of what PJ have done to it, but I still can't wait to see it.
Yes Plastic`s right about the money issue. Wink Smilie Big Laugh Smilie
I need the food to throw at the screen in disgust over the plot changes in ROTK!
Yep! Wink Smilie
Hahahaha Ross you always make me laugh....hahahha
Oh well I have to say that.....nah nevermind!
Hail Ross the new court jester! Big Laugh Smilie
  [1] [2] >>