Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: For the one who loves the books and don't really like the movie

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Return of the King > For the one who loves the books and don't really like the movie   
Wilwarin, I too have just seen the movie not 24 hours ago. (17 hours and 33 minutes to be precise) And I too was overly dissapointed in it. PJ had a bunch of opprotunities to make the movie a lot better than it was. But, as he said it was geared more towards the fans that haven't read the books. Oh well...yet another Tolkien movie ruined by Pj. I say we band together and do the movie right and shove it down PJ's throat exclaiming: That's how it's done! Who's with me?
I do not wish to voice my disgust at Peter Jackson, neither does my disgust particularly wish to be voiced. I'm just glad that we aren't going to be subjected to another one.
I, as everyone knows, despise the fact that PJ did those changes...I of course could understand if he cut some parts out...but to change the plot and characters? that I hated...but I donīt hate PJ because I donīt know the fella....I hate what heīs done but I canīt say that the special effects are lousy...nor can I blame anything on the actors...they are doing what they are told to do...and well...when Iīve seen the movie I can come back with some more critic....toodeloo!
I'm happy to see you're with me. I've watched the dvd BIG bonus of the one and two, and i really understand PJ for certain points. But other are still dumb. Well if somebody here has money to give (veryveryvery lots of money) i'm ok to do the movie one more time with you! 'cause i think you're all fans and we will do a great movie (of 23 hours!!). Oh! another thing! the end is awful! WE HAVE TO DO A MOVIE EXACLY THE BOOK
i don't know why i say that we'll never do a movie, i must stop dreaming...
Quote:
WE HAVE TO DO A MOVIE EXACLY THE BOOK

That movie would take between 20 and 30 hours. So we usually don't call it a movie but a mini-series.

Quote:
I, as everyone knows, despise the fact that PJ did those changes...I of course could understand if he cut some parts out...but to change the plot and characters?

He probably did that because he wanted to make a movie that ppl who never heard of JRRT before could be able to enjoy. So he cut stuff out.

But i still don't see why he changed the plot and characters. Maybe he had to do this because he cut and changed some stuff so he had to change the characters with the rest too.

Anyway, we get a movie that way that even Tolkienites can't follow here and there. Arwen, anyone?
I love the books. Used to love the movies but since i read the books over again, i slowly started to not like the movies. and there was some people who also changed my about the movies. I think the movies have to many changes. I saw all movies and have the extended dvd and just the dvd, well not the ROTK because it has not come out yet. I can't belive they made the hobbit a video game. Well, i have said enough.
~Irima-Arwen

me to Irma,love movies before i read the books.Three years later with eight tolkien books for reading,i now am a heavy book purist