Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: PJ And Lotr

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Return of the King > PJ And Lotr   
Hi im a big fan of all the LoTR films and books...and i was wondering if PJ was going to create another tolkien book to film such as The Hobbit or Silmarillion
Oh, I hope not. Wary Smilie
The hobbit could still be made into a film, and there were some trailers going around a while ago, but they all turned out to be fake... however, for the Silmarillion... the story is way to complex and unconnected... methinks.
Hoping the Hobbit will be made into a film, as LadyBlue stated, there was a few trailers going around, one of the major ones was of the great Smaug, ahhh Smaug, god bless that lovable dragon, hehe...anyway, yeah, it was said that it would be released in 2006...but it was all nonsense, so who knows...but if there was going to be another film, i would have thought that the Hobbit would be a more...likely candidate for a film..although it will probably turn out like that oh so dreadful end result of the Star Wars trilogy....*sigh*
Actually i'm really hoping they do make a hobbit. Think about it... it's a childrens book, so the story isn't as complex as LOTR and they can fit everything in a 3 hour movie. It would be a better book to film movie than LOTR, Silmarillion is virtually impossible to make into a movie.
Quote:
Hi im a big fan of all the LoTR films and books...and i was wondering if PJ was going to create another tolkien book to film such as The Hobbit or Silmarillion

I'm fairly certain that there are plans in the works for PJ/New Line to do The Hobbit at some point down the road.

There are some legal issues currently being worked out for making the film, and PJ has other projects (King King now, and then Lovely Bones next) going on so I think it will still be a good 5 years down the road. I know that alot of the LOTR films cast and crew is also really pushing PJ to make TH.

No plans that I’ve ever heard of for the Sil. I seriously doubt we will ever see anyone attempt that. Maybe someone will try to make a film of an individual chapter someday like say Of Beren And Luthien for example, but again, I don’t think anyone will ever attempt to do the whole thing.
Elf Smilie
Hi
I hope not unless PJ makes the Tolkien world more like it is in the books, and by this I mean his failure to show the - well - peculiarities of every race, like hobbits not bothering about the rest of the universe and elves being skilled in songs and poetry. It grieves me a lot to see kids taking the movies for granted and never grasping the BEAUTY of Tolkien's world, the rolling rhythm of his narration, the music of his poetry, and whatnot. Elf Confused Smilie The Hobbit is a very kind olden-times story first of all, and I am afraid of seeing it as just another action movie. The Silmarillion - come on, guys, be a little more realistic!
Quote:
Actually i'm really hoping they do make a hobbit.

The company ClonAid is already working on that. They're going to name the hobbit Dolly Baggins.

Quote:
The company ClonAid is already working on that. They're going to name the hobbit Dolly Baggins.

So Vir, does the Ring come as a facilitation device with it or not?