Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hi I'm New

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Hi I'm New   << [1] [2] [3] [4] >>
Welcome to PT, Lasgalen and Aki-Hana!
Sorry, I missed this thread somehow, but I am very glad you have joined us. I look forward to reading your posts and of course you are invited to join us in the chatroom.
Big Smile Smilie
Hi everyone, it's yet another new person. Me!

Oh, and just so it doesn't get confusing, I happen to be Arco's older (twin) brother.
Welcome to PT Damion! Waving Hello Smilie
Welcome to PT Damion. I hope you enjoy it here. Waving Hello Smilie
Welcome to this wonderful site,Damion.Hope to see you around. Big Smile Smilie
Welcome to our forum Damion. Happy Elf Smilie
Welcome Damion. Waving Hello Smilie Nice to have you around. Big Smile Smilie
Hey there Damion!
Welcome to PT, I hope you will like it here just as much as Arco has! Big Smile Smilie
Welcome aboard, Damion. Very happy to have you join us at PT. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
Oh, and just so it doesn't get confusing, I happen to be Arco's older (twin) brother.
Welcome Damion! Big Smile Smilie
Don't worry, with different usernames and avatars I'm sure we'll be able to tell you two apart a lot easier than we would in real life. And we'll understand that some brotherly teasing will occur. Wink Smilie

[Redigert den 2/10/2003 av AmariŽ]
I
Not like your stupid or anything Nell.....just....ya know....
NEways
Welcome Damion!!!!!! Hope you have fun!
Welcome to Planet Tolkien Damion! It is nice to meet you! Big Smile Smilie
Welocom! I love Lord of the rings too! Send me a private postBody! I like to talk!
welcome to PT,Wooffy_Elendil! Hope you love being a member as much as I have. Hope to see you around Big Smile Smilie
Welcome to PT Wooffy! Waving Hello Smilie
Welcome to our forum RoquenKnight (Roquen) I hope you get your password problem straightened out. Nice meeting you in Bilbos-study today.
Hey, Roq!

Welcome to PT!

Nai anar caluva tielyanna tennoio! Wink Smilie
Hey Arco,you stole my line Wink Smilie
Welcome to this great website,RoquenKnight. Hope to see you around Smile Smilie
Ah, thank heavens, it looks like I really can finally post right now, baring I don't mess with my settings... Wish me luck; I hope to be conversing with all of you soon.
Moderator Smilie Sorry, but you are not allowed to use images in your posts due to bandwidth limitations. Welcome to the site though. Moderator Smilie

[Edited on 16/11/2003 by Valedhelgwath]
hehe, yeah itīs a tricky thing with those settings Roquen, Iīm glad you finally got things sorted out though and Welcome to PT btw! Hope we can talk more sometime. Smile Smilie
Whoa, nice pic-thingy Roquen! Probably the first pic I've seen in the forums all year... Sad Smilie
Welcome Roquen! Hope you will like it here!
Quote:
Whoa, nice pic-thingy Roquen! Probably the first pic I've seen in the forums all year...
That is because it is not allowed and the pic will be gone as soon as a council member sees it.. Sorry. But it really is a nice pic. Smile Smilie
Quote:
That is because it is not allowed and the pic will be gone as soon as a council member sees it.. Sorry. But it really is a nice pic.
It had gone before I even got to the bottom of the page, I'm afraid. Welcome to the site, though Roquen-. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Heh, indeed...

Thanks for the compliments on the signature... shame; it took a while to make that horse... ah well... Maybe I can insert it into my avatar somehow, barring Taz's approval after I make fifty posts.
Welcome to the forums Roquen! I met you in chat first, if you remember? Anyway, I hope you have a blast here, I know I've had. Smile Smilie
Welcome to PT Roquen! Nice to meet you! Wink Smilie
Welcome to PT, Roquen! Hope u will enjoy your stay here as I do; it's a great site wit great people!

Namarie!
Thank you again for your warm greetings, medlor!

And how could I forget you, holy, divine Aire? Smile Smilie I hope as well that I like it here.
Don't worry Roquen, you will like it... I don't think that anyone here has ever said he didn't like PT Big Smile Smilie
Oh and btw, welcome in the PT family!! enjoy!!
Very pleased to see you here, Roquen. I hope you enjoy PT. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
Hi I'm new to Plantet-Tolkien.
I am a big fan of the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings.
So I enjoy this site a lot.

I was wondering what you do here? Can anybody tell me?
First of all, welcome to PT, Mr. Baggins! I'm sure someone will explain this a lot better, but the main idea is that we, Tolkien fans, gather here to discuss his work, the parts we most enjoyed in his books, the movies etc. It's a great place to make new friends!

OK, now someone explain this better to our new Hobbit friend!

Namarie!
Welcome to our forum Mr.Baggins. Happy Elf Smilie

Be sure and check out Website Help which you can access by clicking on the My Account link from our menu at the upper left. Ask any questions that don't get answered there in the forum sections call Information for Newbies or Help.

You can find word games in the Ivy Bush Tavern, Roll-Playing in our Guilds and also under Misc. Prose and poems can be found in the writes guild. The Taverns have many other threads for discussing all kinds of non-Tolkien things.

Our Fan Writing section can be accessed from the menu at the left; there you can find some very good short stories that our members have written and that have been vetted by our review panel.

And we have two chat rooms. #Tolkien for general discussion and #Bilbos-study which is used for our classroom discussion: in one some of us are learning Quenya and in another we are discussing Lord of the Rings, (the book) chapter by chapter.

I'll quit here, for I have many threads yet to review this evening.
Quote:
And how could I forget you, holy, divine Aire? Smile Smilie I hope as well that I like it here.

Aaw, that is so sweet! And I'm sure you will like it here, I don't see a reason not to. Smile Smilie

And hello there Mr Baggins and welcome to Planet-Tolkien! If you hang around and look at the places Grondy described above I'm sure you'll get the hang of it and join us in all discussions and all the fun we're having here. Smile Smilie PT is a great place, I just can't stress that fact enough. Smile Smilie
Hello, Florian! I have an incredibly beautiful friend by that name; she's very sweet, with golden hair and diamond eyes, and she absolutely loves Lord of the Rings and Tolkien; it's such a delightful coincidence you share a name.

And you're the sweet one, angelic Aire; you, after all, were the one who so warmly greeted me with such fondness and joy.

Thank you for the welcome, Rednell!
Quote:
Hello, Florian! I have an incredibly beautiful friend by that name; she's very sweet, with golden hair and diamond eyes, and she absolutely loves Lord of the Rings and Tolkien; it's such a delightful coincidence you share a name.
Heh, the only difference is that our Florian is male. Tongue Smilie
It's her surname, so at one time it was the first name of some man, just the same. Good for Florian for choosing such an admirable name!
Thanx for clearing that up, Pere Smoke Smilie
Erm Thanx for the compliment Roquen, but ROFL, do you think that Florian is my nick in PT only? Does anyone here know me? Florian is my real name!!
Yes, exactly, Florian; the antecedent of that beautiful friend of mine was a man named Florian, back in pre-Carolingian Franco-Germania, I assume.

And why won't my signature work? Mad Smilie
elflinglight Cool Elf Smilie posted on 23/11/2003 at 21:29

A! yallume'...found cool site..hi i am new...
Quote:
Smoke Smilie ed' i'ear ar' elenea..this is good..look forward to getting to know you all....laters.. namarie...

LadyFeawen posted on 23/11/2003 at 22:43
Quote:
Welcome to Planet-Tolkien elflinglight,I hope you enjoy being a member,c ya around. Cat Smiling Smilie

Hi elflinglight, welcome to our forum; I hope you have fun here.

Welcome to the site, elflinglight. I hope you have a great time here. I look forward to seeing you around. Smile Smilie
Quote:
And why won't my signature work?

Go to the forum page ,then to Profile which is next to 'Member List' (its small),fill out your signature then save it.It should work then & don't forget to make sure you check the little box that says Use Signature while posting. Hope that helps. Cat Smiling Smilie
Hello there elflinglight! Hope to see you around the forum!
Quote:
And why won't my signature work?
-Roquen-: You must also ensure that your signature reads the same both as entered under Profile located above and as entered under Change your info under My Account via the Menu at the upper left.

[Edited on 24/11/2003 by Grondmaster]
Quote:
Welcome to the site, elflinglight. I hope you have a great time here. I look forward to seeing you around. Smile Smilie
Smoke Smilie ...thanks for the welcome folks.....its soooo friendly in here... can i stay forever...hehe...i ramble on about legolas alot though...obsessed is what you could call it ....it must be the long hair ...or the bow..or way he is dressed with the long hair...or it could be the colour blonde..oh and those eyes...had enough...lol...
Merry Christmas Smilie
Ah, thank you Grond! That was the reason.

And now I have my Profile settings so that everything's in Italian! yay! There should be a version of the forum in Quenya too; what better way for members to learn the Elvish language?

Moderator Smilie Unfortunately, I had to turn your signature off because it was in contavension of our rules which prevent you using sigs of more than three lines in length including spaces. Moderator Smilie

[Edited on 27/11/2003 by Valedhelgwath]
On 27/11/03 Morwen wrote
Quote:
Hullo!
I'm a big fan of LOTR the Hobbit and Tolkien en general and I just registered to this site. I'm looking forward in meeting Tolkien fans because when I start talking about LOTR to people who aren't fans they find me quite annoying because I just keep on going and going 'till they want to kill me. Anyway, here I am and I hope I won't be to annoying(even to Tolkien fans)
Navaer
Morwen
On 27/11/03 Lady Feawen replied
Quote:
Welcome to Planet-Tolkien,Morwen,I hope you enjoy being a member as much as I have and stick around. I love your screen name,doesn't it mean Dark Maiden?
~fea
You're kidding. I was told four lines. *Sighs.* What peculiarly restrictive tendencies there are here...no images in signatures, no BBCode, not even HTML, the very staple of internet life... ah well; it makes PT more...unique, definitely, among internet fora. Uniqueness is always a selling point.

I've changed it. I hope it's okay now...unless using special ascii characters is also forbidden.
Morwen: Welcome to our forum, I look forward to reading your posts and sharing our interest in all things Tolkien. Happy Elf Smilie
Quote:
You're kidding. I was told four lines. *Sighs.* What peculiarly restrictive tendencies there are here...no images in signatures, no BBCode, not even HTML, the very staple of internet life... ah well; it makes PT more...unique, definitely, among internet fora. Uniqueness is always a selling point.

I've changed it. I hope it's okay now...unless using special ascii characters is also forbidden.

These features take up a great deal of bandwidth. We have the luxury of enjoying this site because Taz covers all the costs for the bandwidth. By limiting the features allowed in the signature, we can keep the costs down.That is the reason.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] >>