Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hi I'm New

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Hi I'm New   << [1] [2] [3] [4]
Quote:
You're kidding. I was told four lines. *Sighs.* What peculiarly restrictive tendencies there are here...no images in signatures, no BBCode, not even HTML, the very staple of internet life... ah well; it makes PT more...unique, definitely, among internet fora. Uniqueness is always a selling point.

I've changed it. I hope it's okay now...unless using special ascii characters is also forbidden.

Welcome Roquen! Smile Smilie Waving Hello Smilie

I'm actually quite glad we have these rules. I understand all the rules are a bit annoying for a newbie, but I feel it helps focusing on the dicussion and what people are saying. I have been to forums where I've had to search among the pictures and signatures to find what the people are saying, made me loose interest real fast.

This site is big, it's great, it's got lots of topics and lots of interesting people of all ages, there are no annoying ads and pop ups, it looks great and soon it will look even better and contain even more stuff Big Smile Smilie and not to mention the fact that it's free!! Just stick around for a while Roquen and you'll love it like we do! Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
These features take up a great deal of bandwidth. We have the luxury of enjoying this site because Taz covers all the costs for the bandwidth.

And may Valar bless the good man for his generosity.

Quote:
By limiting the features allowed in the signature, we can keep the costs down.That is the reason.

Quote:
Welcome Roquen!

Thank you, Amarie! *Waves back and smiles.*

Quote:
I'm actually quite glad we have these rules. I understand all the rules are a bit annoying for a newbie,

Ah!
Such motral wounds which strike as deep and cold
As any such an appellation might...!

Wink Smilie

Quote:
but I feel it helps focusing on the dicussion and what people are saying. I have been to forums where I've had to search among the pictures and signatures to find what the people are saying, made me loose interest real fast.

Those are bad forums, definitely. I guess I've always been more of an artistic, expressive person; this sort of limitation is simply... new for me. I'll adapt.

Quote:
This site is big, it's great, it's got lots of topics and lots of interesting people of all ages, there are no annoying ads and pop ups, it looks great and soon it will look even better and contain even more stuff and not to mention the fact that it's free!!

I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Just stick around for a while Roquen and you'll love it like we do!

I didn't mean to complain. I intended my comments as sincere observations. Perhaps I'm not used to being at such a popular site that therefore has such bandwidth concerns. In my own experience with the mechanics of websites, the website merely generate the image, text, or whatever is repeating but a single time, and then an individual's webbrowswer does the repeated copying (which is why multiple identical images with the same source address all pop up at the same time). But perhaps even the single time is still too much.

I appreciate your friendliness.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4]