Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: My lunch with PT

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > My lunch with PT   
Welcome to the site Elfin. I hope you manage to spend many happy hours here.

Amarie's advice is good. If you have any problems working out how to do anything around here, we have a Guide to help you. If you need it, click the My Account link on the menu bar on your left and the Guide is labelled Website Help.

If you or any other new member hasn't yet read the advice you received with your password, please do so at some stage. It might just save you from, how did Peredhil put it, getting shouted out.

Okay, end of lecture Big Smile Smilie Have a good time around here.
Welcome to PT, Elfin. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here, and if you spend anywhere near as much time here as I do, then you're bound to get shouted at sooner or later! Big Laugh Smilie
Hi Elfin!
As long as you play by the rules (Website News > MISSING THREADS?), act polite and use common sense while disgussing things and don't get on anybodys nerves, you won't be shouted at. The Council is a great bunch and takes good care of us.

Sorry you feel shouted on Peredhil, wasn't my attention to yell at you, tried rally hard to be as nice as I could... Sad Smilie But the happy smiley indicates you didn't take it too hard perhaps? Wink Smilie
Sorry if there's been some confusion, Amarie. If you read my post in the scouring ofthe shire, you'll see I didn't take offence at all. Big Smile Smilie

be welcome elfin.... well i know that you will enjoy been here as much as i do.... Cool Smilie

by the way...,be sure you remove your caps ...,i did not know and i wrote like 20 post till somebody told me that was like yelling.. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie ..., maybe that is what peredhil meant....dude, pal,peredhil.... if it was me i am sorry man did not knew.... Wink Smilie
Elfin: Welcome to our forum. Happy Elf Smilie

Quote:
by the way...,be sure you remove your caps ...,i did not know and i wrote like 20 post till somebody told me that was like yelling.. ..., maybe that is what peredhil meant....dude, pal,peredhil.... if it was me i am sorry man did not knew.... Wink Smilie
Hey Thingol Man, it was the all capital letters that is shouting, just like all bold letters would be. You can still use caps for the start of sentences and proper nouns, and such things. You weren't told to go 'cold turkey' on caps.

'Cold turkey' = a drug rehabilitation term meaning to be suddenly cut off from the drug and having to sweat out a period of time while your system tries to get used to being without. Not a fun time for the habitee nor his minder. Shaking Head Smilie

(This latter bit as a help for our non-English mother-tongue people who don't understand our idioms. Thingol told me earlier he couldn't understand some of mine, so anyone who bumps into one they don't understand, please pick it up, dust it off, and ask for an explanation.) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Thank you all for the warm welcome, PT sure lives up to my expectation, i appreciate you nice chaps saying hi to me. Now i shall begin my crazy posting of questions and readings....i have no doubt this will improve my standards on book reading.
Welcome Elfin. I, too, hope you enjoy your visits to PT. We do have a lot of great discussions here and I have been more than a little impressed with the insights expressed.
I hope to meet you in the chatroom sometime too. Big Smile Smilie