Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Bob's your uncle???

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Bob's your uncle???   << [1] [2] [3]
So bangers really do go bang huh!

So then how did a Sweater become jumper?? Do they move by themselves on your side of the pond????
Quote:
So then how did a Sweater become jumper?? Do they move by themselves on your side of the pond????
Someone forgot to fleece the sheep from its wool before knitting the sweater. And we know that when adolescent sheep gambol, they aren't trying to separate each other from their money in games of chance and skill, that they are just being jumpers all around the heath.
What do you get when you cross a kangaroo with a sheep?
A wolly jumper! Tongue Smilie
Grondy and Ross.... I knew I could count on you two for answers Big Smile Smilie:

I'm surprised the sheep sat still that long though Big Smile Smilie:
You'de be amazed what you can do to a sheep!
(Please note Ross knows these things due to going to a school with a small holding. My Head of year was incharge of the animals and we used to torment her through these animals. Like when she spent three hours cleaning one as we had painted it green! Big Smile Smilie )
green sheep?????

must be an english thing Big Laugh Smilie

so then.. why does a car have a boot and bonnet? and when people have boot sales, do they really open up the back of the car to sell things????
Pretty much, Gimli. At least in Australia we do. I have been to a number of car-boot sales.

Some people say they originated from people selling illegal or stolen goods. The "merchandise" was kept in the boot of a car to facilitate a quick get away.

These days of course, its all strictly legal and people mostly make use of tables, umbrellas and folding chairs, and keep the cash in the boot of the car for safekeeping.
Quote:
Gimli is an elf-friend!Gimli is an elf-friend!Gimli is an elf-friend!Gimli is an elf-friend!Gimli is an elf-friend!Gimli is an elf-friend!Gimli is an elf-friend!Gimli is an elf-friend!Gimli is an elf-friend!

lol! Big Laugh Smilie Yeah I'd noticed too. But so are you, Aule! Very Big Grin Smilie
aule always copying me!

Allyssa.. I didn't realize that.. thought it was just the name..
  << [1] [2] [3]