Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Imagine your life in Middle-Earth

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Imagine your life in Middle-Earth   [1] [2] >>
i would be an elf and live in mirkwood before it was corrupted he heAngel Smilie Duck Smilie Puppy Smilie Cow Sleeping Smilie
I imagine I would've been an elf that lived in Rivendell. I think I would have a really boring job but I would be saving my money for a vacation to the Grey Havens. On the weekends I would go Hiking on Misty Mountains. Hey this is beginning to sound like RL...
Well don't turn it into one Smile Smilie
Legata, I`ll see you there, except I`ll get Legolas before you. Big Laugh Smilie Only joking. His probably, in dream land, got a wife of his own. If you got Leglas, I`ll just get Orlando to move in with me and I`ll have him. I`ll just ask him to wear his elf outfit when we feel like something`s going on and on normal nights I`ll love him just as much, even more, I`ll love him more as each day goes on.Big Laugh Smilie

Can I ask how old are you again?

His mine and mine only, you can have one part of him, a strand of his hair. Big Laugh Smilie

[Edited on 25/3/2003 by Sheryl]
I am such a hobbit! But I think I'm a Tookish hobbit. I'm a bit precoscious, and I love to travel, I find myself in adventures from time to time. I would be an intellectual hobbit.

I would live in a very nice cozy hole with plenty of windows and lots of couches and snuggly places for fireside napping and chatting and the place would be full of books and music and pretty, yet useful, things. I would have lots of hooks in my hallway for people to drop by. And my kitchen would be very suitable for both cooking and eating. I would have hammocks outside for more lounging and lots of shade trees.

I would hang with the elves and try to study under them to learn about healing arts, and I would have a garden full of aromatherapy plants and herbal rememdies. If I had a job, i would probably be the local soapmaker or candlemaker. I do this stuff anyway.

But if I really had my way, I wouldn't have a job. I would just be a rich Tookish hobbit. By day I would volunteer in my community, such as working for the museum or library, or helping with the community garden for the less fortunate hobbits or telling stories to the sick hobbit children in the hob-pital (I JUST MADE THAT UP!)!!. I would also go on short adventures, like floating down the river, during the day, but at night, I would come home and be predictable and hobbit-y. I would pile into a big feather bed with big pillows and billowing down blankets and fall asleep watching the stars outside my perfectly round window.
That`s such a lovely imaginable life. I love that. You seem like a very nice person from what things you would do in a life that was like that. But one little tip, I don`t want to spoil your imagination, how are you going to get rich if you don`t work silly? Maybe you could plant some money trees for your fellow friends. Seeing as I`m your friend you don`t suppose I could share some of that money with you? Big Laugh Smilie I`m going to be an elf anyway.
I should have known that musicimprovedme will write the "shortest" post in here...
Anyway the post is very good.
Keep it up Big Smile Smilie !
i would be a new species Big Smile Smilie

a mixture of races because my father would be an elve and my mother a dwarf Smoke Smilie

hehe
I'd either be a Hobbit living in the Great Smials of Tuckborough; a Man in Ithilien, or one of the Rohirrim in Edoras. (Or a Hobbit in a little hut by Amon Hen; though I can't see that happening Smile Smilie )
Ah yeah...I always wanted to be a hobbit...or an elf...or a human...er....

Wink Smilie

I'm rather content with my human self, but if it were Middle Earth, I couldn't resist the pastoral Shire lifestyle.
And hobbits don't usually have to bother with swords and such.
Unless a wizard comes a-knocking.

I wonder. How many of those who would like to be hobbits would really be willing to forsake adventure for a peaceful, down-to-earth country lifestyle most of the Shirefolk wanted?
I mean, really settle in there, and not wait for unexpected parties.
I'd be a Nandor, being that I can be a bit of a hippy. Although I have a feeling most of you think I'd be an Orc.
Ross, an orc? Never... Big Laugh Smilie

I know I wouldn't be one of the Ainur, Valar or Maiar. I'm not that graceful.
I wouldn't be an orc, that's simply out of the question. I wouldn't be an elf (of any kind) because, again, I'm not graceful and I couldn't imagine living forever, but I wouldn't be a clumsy dwarf; smithcraft and stoneworking isn't my thing.
I could be a hobbit, I'm short, fat and love food and good spirits, but I love to travel...
I guess that leaves me as an human! I think I'd either be a Ranger because I'm a loner type of person and I love adventure, or someone from Minas Tirith because of the line of royalty and because for much of the Third Age, the greatest city in/of Middle-earth was Minas Tirith.
Quote:
I'd be a Nandor, being that I can be a bit of a hippy. Although I have a feeling most of you think I'd be an Orc.
Not me! I got you down as being more Troll-like, unless you are really an-in-the-closet Ewok. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
More of a Wookie at six foot five. Hmuwwmmpphhh. Tongue Smilie
Or grumpy old Beorn. No one would consider him as cuddly would they? Very Big Grin Smilie

[Edited on 30/7/2003 by Grondmaster]
That could be me.
I can definately picture you living like that MIM. Can I come join you? Big Smile Smilie
I think I would like to be one of two things: an Elf living in Mirkwood, one of Thranduil's people, just wandering about under the trees singing. Or I would like to live in the Grey Havens and build ships and be always near the Sea.
But realistically, I don't think I could be either of those things because I'm not nearly as good as Elves are or as wise. So I think that I would find myself being an intellectual hobbt.
Or a troll like Ross... Big Laugh Smilie
Sam, I am like you, I am not wise enough or good enough to be an elf. I think it would be great to an elf, but if I were to actually live in ME, I would probably be an intellectual hobbit as well.
Quote:
intellectual hobbit
Does such a thing exist?
Quote:
I am not wise enough or good enough to be an elf.
The reason Elves are considered wise is because they had the time to gain all that experiance from doing things wrong. Teacher Smilie
Try this one on for size: I would love to be an Ent. Being in touch with the fabrice of nature appeals to me.

Realisticlly I would be closer to a Barliman Butterbur never knowing which way I was going or thinking.
Mi r ejukated tue.
Wee bee ejukated. Yu obviusli nott. Tongue Smilie
I
wha......?¿
Quote:
What the h*ll are you guys talking about?
See Ringfacwen's post of 2/8/2003 at 22:03.

We were being hobbits in Middle-earth and showing off our intellectual prowess(?) via the spelling of English language words—sound them out phonetically if you were really lost. Happy Elf Smilie
Grondy go get t'shovull. wez gettin' uz sum road kill for th' weddin' feast. Ringy yuz look mighty perrty in ma's dress, huh-huh!
Yeh ha. I'za gonna' fire t' boom stick in t' air!
I would like to live in Rivendell and Lothlorien; and have my mother be an Elf Queen and have my father be a half-Elven King.

[Edited on 10/9/2003 by moonstar]
i would love to be a great warrior! it would be so cool just to roam around middle earth on quests and stuff! i wish this were a fantasy world!
Quote:
i would love to be a great warrior! it would be so cool just to roam around middle earth on quests and stuff! i wish this were a fantasy world!
Shaking Head Smilie I always thought that too, until I read and thought about Sam's monologue on The Stairs of Cirith Ungol found just before things heated up in Shelob's Lair and written in TTT. It reads:
Quote:
'Yes, that's so,' said Sam. 'And we shouldn't be here at all, if we'd known more about it before we started.

But I suppose it's often that way. The brave things in the old tales and songs, Mr. Frodo: an adventure, as I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull, a kind of sport, as you might say.

But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have been just landed in them, usually—their paths were laid that way, as you put it.

But I expect they had lots of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten. We hear about those as just went on—and not all to a good end, mind you; at least not to what folk inside a story and not outside it call a good end. You know, coming home, and finding things all right, though not quite the same—like old Mr. Bilbo.

But those aren't always the best tales to hear, though they may be the best tales to get landed in! I wonder what sort of tale we've fallen into?'
And then they went on to be stung and captured and drafted and bitten and suffered the pangs of hunger and thirst, not to mention retuning home to find the horror that the Shire had become.

I no longer think anyone should wish to live in what the Chinese call "interesting times" life is too short for that.
Even so Grondy life is to short so why not live a few years as a adventurer/warrior than a lifetime as a average joe.
Given the chance and hopefully that'll be soon I'll be partakin of a adventure meself.
But my life in middle earth would be that of a wandering fighter as such just going wherever the wind takes me helping though who he need it and kickin' some butt as well.
I would have liked to be a Feanorian (though I already consider myself one in spirit!) and live in Tirion! Maedhros (courage), Maglor (poetry) and Caranthir (rashness) would be more than enough to describe myself! Chasing Morgoth to the End of Time ... now, that's a purpose!

Namarie!
Do you think it would be possible to have an Uruk from Angrenost who deserted Saruman and ran off to fight with the forces of good? I mean, Tolkien did stress the idea that nothing is evil in the beginning...

Though, ugh, I probably wouldn't want to be an Orc. Never mind. I'd probably be just another Hobbit and Elf-friend.
Elf Winking Smilie i would have to remain mortal female ....and experience legolas the immortal elf prince.... whispering elvish love poems ...under starlit skies... Tongue Smilie if only ....(deep sigh...if only..)
Doh.... Not another Legolas lover Exploding Head Smilie

When will you girls finally understand Legolas is not at all like that. He'd rather be running around the woods with his mates slaying Orcs Wink Smilie (no different to any other bloke then, when it comes to having a bellyfull of beer and a fight)
Am I the only girl under 14 at PT who is not madly in-love with Legolas? Vale,don't spoil the Legolas's lovers dreams. Wink Smilie

[Edited on 25/11/2003 by LadyFeawen]
Quote:
Vale,don't spoil the Legolas's lovers dreams.

I'll help!

Orlando is wearing a wig, and lots o' makeup, I think he's got a wart on his nose that PJ had to airbrush out if the movie...
Quote:
Doh.... Not another Legolas lover Exploding Head Smilie

When will you girls finally understand Legolas is not at all like that. He'd rather be running around the woods with his mates slaying Orcs Wink Smilie (no different to any other bloke then, when it comes to having a bellyfull of beer and a fight)

In Love Smilie legolas..legolas...legolas...i am a legolas lover ...hey Tongue Smilie hey legolas Wink Smilie any guys up for the blonde wig thingy then...lol
Quote:
When will you girls finally understand Legolas is not at all like that. He'd rather be running around the woods with his mates slaying Orcs (no different to any other bloke then, when it comes to having a bellyfull of beer and a fight)

What if in the movie he was played by some 40-year-old balding guy or sumthin like that? I bet then you'll wouldn't be so keen for Lego.
I would be an elf and live in Rivendell. Rivendell... what a nice place! And elves are such a wonderful race!! Elf Smilie
I'd probaly be an elf in Rivendell too. But I'd probaly get kicked out for Orc Smiling Smilie stealing all of Elrond's underpants. Don't ask why...just... don't. Orc Smiling Smilie
Then again, the chance to be an Uruk-Hai or a Balrog would be nice...I could go on rampages all over middle earth. And if anyone yelled "You shall not pass!" at me then I'd blown my nose on them. And Balrog's do have rather large nasel caverties. Very Evil Smilie
Quote:
I think when girls say "I love Legolas" - what they really mean is "I love Orlando!!"
Or possibly the other way round.
I'd like to be Gandalf's daughter.
Quote:
Please he is a star and we all know what stars are like (well some NOT all)!

Yes, we already knew that Orlando Bloom is gay...
Quote:
I'd like to be Gandalf's daughter.
Now that is a fine wish! I think Gandalf would be the perfect father; wise, kind and a little short temperd but with a big big heart. And dealing with hobbits for so long would prepare him for the hundred thousand questions kids have. *lol*

I don't think Legolas would be to happy beeing mistaken for Orlando and have a tail of teenage girls following him around all day, but (pretending that he excist) he went to Valinor a loooooooooooong time ago, and is probably happily married and have a nice bunch of kids. Wink Smilie

I have to admit there was quite a lot of drooling the first time I saw FOTR and Legolas (oh baby), and some drooling has occured later on too, but I am a lot more facinated by Elronds twin sons. (mmmmmmm) Of course they are in Valinor too and probably married with loads of kids, but a little daydreaming never hurt anyone Angel Smilie Thank Eru PJ left them out of the movies, he'd make them all wrong.
I would probably be a hobbit that wanted to be an elf!
And I would dream of living in Mirkwood or Rivendell, but I would be too lazy to do anything about it! Yeah, sounds like me!! Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie
Quote:
I don't think Legolas would be to happy beeing mistaken for Orlando and have a tail of teenage girls following him around all day, but (pretending that he excist) he went to Valinor a loooooooooooong time ago, and is probably happily married and have a nice bunch of kids.

Well doesn't Legolamb have the same problem? I think a reason he left the Woodland realm and become a member of the fellowship was escaping the hordes of elvish women searching his underwear. The fact that elves are immortal has a nasty consequence : stalkers are immortal too.

Quote:
I have to admit there was quite a lot of drooling the first time I saw FOTR and Legolas (oh baby), and some drooling has occured later on too, but I am a lot more facinated by Elronds twin sons.

Even you?

Well i am not so surprised. Big Laugh Smilie

I'm starting to realize why Legolamb was single : so much women (of all races, including dragons and uruk-hai) wanted to marry him, so that the poor lad couldn't make up his mind. Or maybe he realized that mothers-in-law are immortal too.

To return to the topic : i want to be Sauron's optician. I've always wanted to know whether Sauron was myopic or presbyopic. I'd advise him to use the Hubble telescope instead of an eye : maybe then he'd noticed two hobbitses entering his territory.
Hehe, the Lego-mob can have Legolamb to themselves, he's just a little eye candy. Legolas is not like that and I'm not very fond of Orlando... The twins however.. *grrrrrowl* Imagination is great isn't it? Wink Smilie

Should note that if I was living in ME at that time I would want to be welcome in Elronds house as I have great respect for him and his family, and I would probably not drool on the twins. That is non-ME thing to do. The idea of the twins is not the same as the real ones.
Awww Man! Uruk-Hai Women!? They have to be NASTY UGLY!

----Or maybe all Sauron needs is some Visine and a Nomical.

As for myself, I would definitely be an elf. I would write many of the songs and poems that people around middle earth would sing and recite. I would be a friendly and welcomed diplomat amungst many lands, and would, therefore, travel a lot. However, not by myself and not really for any "real" purpose, just to get to know the lands---prehaps, then i would be sought after as a source of wisdom to accompany people on their journies and quests. Maybe, I guess then, I would be a middle earth Cartagropher. And maybe, I could get some bored and adventurous Hobbits to come with me.
Quote:
Awww Man! Uruk-Hai Women!? They have to be NASTY UGLY!

Well what do you think Aragorn meant when he said "let's hunt some Orc" in FOTR movie ?

Big Laugh Smilie

Anyway, in the movies i didn't notice a female Uruk-Hai, but i did notice a couple of female Orcs. They look exactly like male Orcs. Same with Dwarves.

Heh, guess which races will never win the Middle-Earth beauty contest...
  [1] [2] >>