Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What is more effective?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > What is more effective?   
Well, he can`t take phyisacal form yet can he? That`s why he`s an eyeball. Tell your brother that, I suppose Sauron takes physical form later on. Then maybe he`ll be more scarey? I`m not sure...
LOL, i think he knows. He has read the book more times than me. He was just saying. But you didnt answer the question!
Quote:
Evil man-wizard-thing ... or giant eyeball?

See?
HEYI think Sherly you are right
Quote:
Well, he can`t take phyisacal form yet can he?

He had a body befor, you remember FotR ? the beginning of the movie, there you swa him really scary or?? I mean he cant took now a body abd I think, imo it is very scary. Then it is like a gost. when you think a gost! *g* i hate gost I believ in gosts I hate them, really, in this way.

Wat you mean with evil man wizard thing?? something like Saruman?? I think Saruman is easyer to *understand* you can see him, you can run away from him (or fight him , in a way )

bey
Well, Nessa, since I dont know what exactly Sauron is, man, thing, wizard, wacko, so i just put them all together!
Quote:
the beginning of the movie, there you saw him really scary or?? I mean he cant took now a body and i think, imo its very scary.

Yea, you saw him, but you didnt see you saw the armor of him. Or...whatever he had on, but you never saw him as he is without the armor.
I think I'd be more scared of the big eyeball thingy because fear to me is something that I can't see or hear or smell and such. But in the evil wizard thingy I wouldn't be that scared because I know what he is/was then.
*thinks* Yea, sorta. And also, the eyeball sees everything. The physical form of Sauron wouldnt. I would be afraid of someone seeing everything i do!
Eechsh, imagine him being able to see you in the shower, or somethin!
Well Gollum said that Sauron had 9 fingers left on the Black Hand, so if he had fingers, wouldn't he have a body?
Hm.........dunno. He may have.....but in LotR, you never meet him. You just see an eye. You destroy the Ring and never see him...so we just know hes there...cause of the big eyeball. Hm. Interesting.
Is the Eye even actually Sauron himself? I always assumed it was some dark tool he used, to the effect of a palantir. Question Smilie
Quote:
It doesn't matter if Sauron had a phisycal form or not. He would never command his armies in battles even if he had a body.He would wait until the last man was slayed before he came out of Mordor.

Doe that mean that you think hes a coward? Or that he is just scared of light like poor old Gollum. Big Smile Smilie I mean, is he a bad army commander? Is he an idiot when it comes to creating evil?... exactly! If hes been doing evil for hundreds of years, cant he show himself!?
Quote:
On the other hand, sinces he's a wizard, i think it is better that he's a big red-yellow-black fireball.

So he is a wizard?! But as an eyeball, he can see everything. Thats kind of intimidating, dont ya think?
Quote:
I mean he's not a fighter and for a wizard, i don't think a body is necesary.

So you think that hes better as a big weird ugly all-seeing eyeball? Great...wonderful. Well, you can stick to the eyeball. I'll have the physical not-all-seeing form, thankyou.Wink Smilie
Quote:
Is the Eye even actually Sauron himself?

I thought it was. Isnt it?
Quote:
I always assumed it was some dark tool he used, to the effect of a palantir.

Hm...thats a thought. But maybe the Eye WAS Saurons physical form? Hm? Ya think? heehee.
Quote:
*thinks* Yea, sorta. And also, the eyeball sees everything. The physical form of Sauron wouldnt. I would be afraid of someone seeing everything i do!
Eechsh, imagine him being able to see you in the shower, or somethin!

Okay, if I lived in middle Earth, I would never take a shower again without a swimming costume on! Big Laugh Smilie
LOL, yea Sheryl, that would be my method too!
Quote:
since I dont know what exactly Sauron is, man, thing, wizard, wacko, so i just put them all together!

Maybe this helps you a little bit ;-):

Dates: In Middle-earth for many thousands of years before the beginning of the First Age, banished 25 March III 3019 (Endured at least 16,000 years, and probably much longer)
Race: Ainur
Division: Maiar of Aulė
Other Names: Annatar, Gorthaur
Titles: The Black Hand, The Dark Lord, The Dark Power, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Mordor, The Lord of the Rings, The Necromancer, The Red Eye, The Ring-maker, The Sorcerer
Meaning: 'The Abhorred'1
Pronunciation: sowro'n ('ow' as in 'now')

"Of old there was Sauron the Maia."
Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age

Originally a Maia of Aulė's people, Sauron was early corrupted by Melkor and became his most trusted lieutenant. In the Wars of Beleriand, Sauron was the most feared of Morgoth's servants, but after the War of Wrath and the expulsion of the first Dark Lord, Sauron rose to become the greatest enemy of Elves and Men in the Second and Third Ages.

And when you want to know more. why dont transform this Thread to one of the book forums under a nother name , maybe *who was Sauron* , then i think this is all what i really know

Bey
If that's from the official movie site, be careful, since they changed many things for the movie. Some of the "facts" they have posted for the characters were invented. But the above looks all right.

Stonehelm is right. Sauron's got a body, in the books. Gollum tells Frodo he saw Sauron's hand, and the way in which he describes it implies very strongly that he felt Sauron's hand. Sauron has fashioned some sort of new physical body for himself, as he did after he was physically destroyed when Nśmenor fell. It's just taken him a lot, lot longer since he lost so much power when he lost the Ring.

The confusion is because Sauron's locked into a Palantir 24/7. He's right there waiting when both Pippin and Aragorn look into another stone, and when Galadriel's mirror, another sort of "seeing stone", turns towards Mordor. All they see there is an extreme close-up of his Eye, which is also the symbol of his power, much like Balar of the Evil Eye in Celtic legend. But it doesn't mean there wasn't a body too.

In the book, very few characters call him The Eye. They refer to him as the Enemy.
Quote:
If that's from the official movie site, be careful, since they changed many things for the movie.

You mean me?? No it isnt, it is out of the books!

Quote:
Stonehelm is right. Sauron's got a body, in the books.

And I am 100% sure he hasnt a body in LotR, then he loost his body in the War of the LAst Allianze.
I think you cant be sure that Sauron had a new body!!! Only gollums sayed that he had. I am not quite sure. the Maiar dont must have a body!Of the many spirits that descended into Arda at its beginning, those of lesser stature than the Valar, though they were still powerful, were known as Maiar. Each of the Maiar was attached to the 'people' of a particular Vala. So, for example, the Maia Ossė, as a spirit of the sea, belonged to the people of Ulmo, while Curumo, the Maia who came to Middle-earth as Saruman, belonged to the people of Aulė the Smith.

In the Third Age, there were still Maiar in physical form to be found in Middle-earth. The most important of these were Saruman, Sauron (originally also of Aulė's people), and Olórin, known as Gandalf, who belonged to the people of Manwė and Varda.

I think he dont must have a body...and I think we shoud do this! ;-) :
Quote:
And when you want to know more. why dont transform this Thread to one of the book forums under a nother name , maybe *who was Sauron* , then i think this is all what i really know
wow. I got a lot to read there guys! But did you answer the question?*shakes her head*
anyway.
Quote:
Maybe this helps you a little bit ;-):

Dates: In Middle-earth for many thousands of years before the beginning of the First Age, banished March III 3019 (Endured 16,000 years, and probably much longer)
Race: Ainur
Division: Maiar of Aule
Other Names: Annatar, Gorthaur
Titles: The Black Hand, The Dark Lord, The Dark Power, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Mordor, The Lord of the Rings, The Necromancer, The Red Eye, The Ring Maker, The Sorcerer
Meaning: 'The Abhorred'
Pronunciation: sowro'n(ow as in now)

OK, is this all stuff about Sauron?... ok obviously it is, but still. That doesnt say what he is....well i dont know what he is cause im stupid. Big Smile Smilie And that is no excuse for not answering my question! Wink Smilie
Quote:
"Of old there was Sauron the Maia."
Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age

So he was a Maia?... What is a Maia?
Quote:
Originally a Maia of Aule's people, Sauron was early corrupted by Melkor and became his most trusted lieutenant.

So who is this Melkor guy anyway? I mean, I though Sauron was the head, the 'big guy', the Master of everything!
Quote:
In the Wars of Beleriand, Sauron was the most feared of Morgoth's servants, but after the War of Wrath and the explusion of the first Dark Lord, Sauron rose to become the greatest enemy of the Elves and Men in the Second and Third Ages.

OK, now we added Morgoth. Who is Morgoth? *confused* Nessa, this was supposed to be a simple question. Big eyeball? or Big Sauron?
Quote:
If that's from the official movie site, be careful, since they changed many things for the movie.

Yea, I know what you mean. A lot. Like Faramir wasnt so Gosh D*** like his ****** brother Boromir! (sry for the language)
Quote:
Some of the "facts" they have postedd for the characters were invented.

Taking away Tolkien's genius! *sobs*
Quote:
Stonehelm is right. Sauron's got a body, in the books.

Not in the movie! Hes a big Eyeball! Mwahaha...thats why i dont go with the movies and critisize PJ. Wink Smilie
Quote:
Gollum tells Frodo he saw Sauron's hand, and the way in which he describes it implies very strongly that he felt Sauron's hand.

O yea.......... O btw, Welcome to the forums! Hhope you like it here! ANYway...
Quote:
Sasuron has fashioned some sort of new physical body for himself, as he did after he was physically destroyed when Numenor fell.

Like.....a big giant Eyeball! heehee, j/k Wink Smilie But did it ever tell what kind of body he made for himself?
Quote:
It's just taken him a lot, lot longer since he lost so much power when he lost the Ring.

Its kinda like he put his very being into this one Ring. ... *ponders* that is really really really really stupid. Did he like, glue it on his finger or something? Did this Ring make him stronger? Why a ring? Why not abox or a shoe?
Quote:
The confusion is because Sauron's locked into a Palantir 24/7.

OK, so does that mean hes in the Palantir?
Quote:
He's right there waiting when both Pippin and Aragorn look into another stone, and when Galadriel's mirror, another sort of "seeing stone", turns towards Mordor. All they see there is an extreme close up of his Eye, which is also the symbol of his power, much like Balar of the Evil Eye in Celtic legend.

So hes there just to see what everyone else sees that looks into the seeing stones, or the mirror? And who is Balar? Celtic Legend? Uh...
Quote:
But it doesn't mean there wasn't a body too.

True, there could be a body attached... TO A HUMUNGUS EYE!
But still none of you answered the proposed question! *sad* Sad Smilie
OMGOD sry for rambling!
and Nessa, AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont give me more to post about! I am already rambling enough! Wink Smilie
As for the Sauron thing, maybe i will! If it isnt already a topic.
WOW, thanx Aster!
Now...
Quote:
Hmmm.....Where to start?

Sry, just had to.
The Beginning. Wink Smilie
Quote:
Actually he has a body in the movies.Did you see that big man in heavy armor at the beginning of the first movie, of whom Isildur cut a finger and took the ring? That is Sauron.

Uh......what do you think i am, Aster? An Idiot?Im a genius! Genius Smilie
Quote:
This question is so stupid that I won't even answer it.I mean imagine Sauron wearing his "Shoe of Power". Just stupid.

*laughs* ROFLMAO! Wink Smilie It was just a silly question, I didnt expect anyone to answer it!
Quote:
Ok then my money is on the big eyeball form.

LOL, Ok Aster! Hey.....you actually answered the question!!!! YAY!!! Big Smile Smilie
If you want to know more about Sauron and his body, there are 4 pages worth under Sauron under Characters under Middle-earth. That particular thread as I write this, now resides on page four of Characters, but could be moved to page one were someone to post to it again.

Also Delidia has started a new thread in Characters called What is Sauron.

Therefore, this thread should only be used to answer the question "Which is scarier Sauron in his body (wearing armor or not) or as seen from afar as the all-seeing flaming eye" Question Smilie

(Actually "all-seeing" is a misnomer, for look as he might he seldom saw that for which he was looking. But that symbol reminded his troops that he was Boss, which is why he made them wear it on their shields and helms.)
Quote:
Also Delidia has started a new thread in Characters called What is Sauron
Quote:

Yes, that Delidia person would be me. BtW, i JUST wanted people to ANSWER THE QUESTION! IUn which Asteroth did nicely.
One Eye Smilie
teehee
Would you like to answer the question? Cyclops Smilie
sorry I thought I did? The Eye...that is why I chose the eye-smilie Wink Smilie
OOOO...right. Wink Smilie hehee