Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > What would you do if you knew you could not fail?   [1] [2] >>
Cheery Peredhil, very cheery...

I'd fix everything I own that's broken, cos if I couldn't fail ,then I'd finally stop blowing all my stuff up.
I`d collect all the hunky men and go on holiday with them. Big Laugh Smilie that was a j/k by the way!

Well, I wouldn`t be all boastful, I wouldn`t be like all, I`m the best and everything, that`s just wrong.

I don`t know what I`d do, maybe I`ll do everyuthing right for once. Big Laugh Smilie Wink Smilie
Kill myself.
Set my self up as a warlord and establish a eutopian state like Sparta!
I would have examinations in every course I didn't get an A in and get my grades up to all A's.
I would decide to cook a nice roast chicken dinner cause it would be the best one ever
If i knew I wouldn't fail?

*Do all of the physics-courses at the University of Heidelberg in one year. (approx a million ECTS-points) Read Smilie

*Write a PhD. Deal Smilie

*Apply to the job of terraforming Mars Christmas Tree Smilie

*Go to Mars without getting cancer... Sad Smilie

*Win Wimbledon... (no blomanges(?), thank you!)
Birthday Smilie
I would write a awesome book! And make a Perfect Apple Pie that everyone would remeber forever Big Laugh Smilie
Hmmm.. I would have to say like my favorite cartoon heroine Nemi; bring Tolkien back to life so he could finish his stories and make Gandalf president of the world.Wink Smilie

Other than that; create world peace and end to all suffering and *ta daaa!* We all lived happily ever after.

Oh yes and I'd make it so that clothes are no longer only designed for 2 meter tall 12-year-olds, so maybe even I could find some clothes that fits. Wink Smilie
lol Amarie! Big Smile Smilie

I`d become a Egyptologist and an archeologist and become the only one who can now descover anything from Ancient Egypt.

Then, I`d make sure there was no crime, killings and the rest of it in the whole universe.

I`d discover life on other planets.

I`d visit the Sun without becoming ash. Big Smile Smilie

Read every good book in the world in 10 years.

I`d go back in time and find out everything I want to know and everyone else wants to know about Ancient Egypt, also, if I liked it there more than here, I`d take long vacations quite regularly. Big Smile Smilie
Run for the bus more often.
Become President.

Skydive.

And anything else that is not really possible right now!
buy a lottery ticket
Thumbs Up Smilie Ross
Quote:
Set my self up as a warlord and establish a eutopian state like Sparta!
I would finally develop the perfect virtual middle-earth (or just finish off the new Planet-Tolkien.com) and take Amy Lee from Evanescence out for wine and finger food In Love Smilie
Go out and enjoy myself with the ladies oh yeah
What would I do?

Exactly what I am doing now: try to bring my children up to be happy well-adjusted adults and write a novel - no wait - a bestseller!

I like Plastic's lotto ticket idea too. Big Smile Smilie

Well a pretty obvious one would be: I think I'd stop studying for my exams if I knew I couldn't fail anyway...

Oh yeah: I would set up a peace plan for all war-struck regions in the world, and it would work, because yeah, I cannot fail.

And I would make computers listen to me. Forever.
I wrote a liist of 100 things I want to do before I die, and I'd complete them all, knowing that I'd never fail.

(Just to let you know I've only completed 27 since I wrote it 3 years ago, so this would a major victory!)

[Editat el 4/6/2003 per Andrea]
Andrea: Unless you are older than Val (I'm much older than he) Elf Winking Smilie and if you can accomplish those tasks at even a third of your present rate, you should stand a good chance of completing your tasks. Happy Elf Smilie
I would give us World peace, like Bob Marley said, “there is way too much fussing and fighting”, and there is way too much finger pointing, and laying blame for things that have happened in the past, which is a big reason why people, and politicians can’t settle their differences. I would make people realize we can’t change what’s happened in the past, we can’t go back, but we can change today, to make tomorrow a better place.

I would give homes to the homeless.

I would help all of the people who are starving in this World, and make sure that no one ever went hungry again.

I would help the poor.

I would heal all of the people who are either mentally or physically disabled, or terminally ill, because that sort of thing has crushed me my whole life, and it makes me sick to my stomach, and hurts me to the core of my very soul that some of us get to lead “normal” lives, or be “normal” while others have to suffer unjustly.

I would come up with the cure for cancer, and AIDS.

I would turn myself into a real life Aragorn, and give myself an army 20,000 strong of Elves, Dunedain, and Rohirrim, and we would personally hunt down all of the murderers, and rapists (who in my opinion are the biggest scumbags of the earth) that prey on innocent good people, and I would personally make them feel the steel of the Flame of the West!

I would make sure that there were more people in this World like Andrea, Lady Feawen, Amarie, and all of the rest of the wonderful people here at PT (and other places) who have given my jaded soul hope for the future of this World!

I would be able to play piano as good as some of my idols Thelonious Monk, Bud Powell, and McCoy Tyner.

I would be able to play alto sax as good as the greatest alto sax player to ever live, and who I personally consider to be the greatest soloist of all time Charlie Parker.

And of course I would be the finest finger-style acoustic blues, and ragtime guitar picker on the face of the planet.

I would also bring J.R.R. Tolkien back to life, and get everyone from PT together all in one place for 2 weeks straight, and have J.R.R. read to us, and answer all of our questions!
Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
Quote:

And of course I would be the finest finger-style acoustic blues, and ragtime guitar picker on the face of the planet.

I already am thanks.

I'd look round more car boot sales for those elusive items that are worth a fortune and can be picked up by those in the know for very little.
Solve world hunger and get rid of all these right-wing goverments that are cropping up in Europe. As a Englishman who favours a Europe-centric future (Which is rare at the moment) I would much rather go into a Europe that is predominantly left rather then right-wing.

And all the usual cliched things, Solve world hunger, world peace etc oh...and take over Hugh Hefner's enterprise. Wink Smilie

Quote:
. As a Englishman who favours a Europe-centric future
We have something in common!
Moderator Smilie Let's stamp this one in the bud before all us English members begin raining fists in a pro vs anti Europe political debate. Thanks. Moderator Smilie
Quote:
Quote:

I already am thanks.

Okay, if you say so. Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
Wow Andrea! I'm Impressed! What kind of things do you have on your list (of course, if it isn't too personal)

I have things like swim with dolphins, go to every continent and such. Just things I want to get around to doing because I know that if I don't push myself I won't do it.

O and I'd commit to world peace of course, if I knew I could accomplish it. And I'd fall in love with someone so that way I'd never have to say goodbye.

[Editat el 6/6/2003 per Andrea]
Quote:
I would become more technologically advanced. I think I'll start with a DVD player. Cool Smilie

I'd start with the VCR that's still blinking 12:00! Big Smile Smilie
get me a horse, a gun, a cowboy hat and one of those mexican sararpae things and change my name to clint, then i could say cheesy one liners and still come off looking cool as h**l
I would create a parallel universe in which I ruled and controlled everything from the weather to who enters my parallel world!

That would be quite fun if I could actually do that. Wink Smilie
Quote:
I would create a parallel universe in which I ruled and controlled everything from the weather to who enters my parallel world!

That would be quite fun if I could actually do that. Wink Smilie
Me thinks it would take a tremendous amount of work and would soon become a drag. I'd much rather live in a world where someone else had to do the work of ruling and I could do the adventuring. However, the ruler listened to and enacted my suggestions when he/she deemed them wise.
Quote:

That would be quite fun if I could actually do that
Isn't that just the same as playing Age of Empires, Empire Earth, Rise of Nations, Settlers etc etc. If you fancy being God without having to leave your living room, that's the direction I'd point you in.
Quote:
Isn't that just the same as playing Age of Empires, Empire Earth, Rise of Nations, Settlers etc etc. If you fancy being God without having to leave your living room, that's the direction I'd point you in.

I do have some of those games, but I end up frustrated and killing every one for fun... maybe my parallel universe isn't a thing I'd try to do if I could not fail!
If I couldn't fail, I would ask someone out, because I couldn't fail. hehe.

I would go to flight school to be a pilot and travel around the world.
fun fun!
Quote:
If I couldn't fail, I would ask someone out, because I couldn't fail. hehe.

Even better if he was hott and rich!
Quote:
That's a great idea Andrea!!I would make an enormous,sumptuous dinner with like half a dozen main courses and even more side-dishes.Then I'd cook up some desserts that would knock your pants off and serve it all to my family.Knowing that I could not fail,I would make everything that would normally surpass my skill to cook!

Why ask for something you already have,Elanor? Wink Smilie
I would wan't to be a good friend & person, there's not more I could ask for.
~LadyF
Behold Asteroth Planet-Tolkien's resident charm monkey!
Lol Ross!

I think I'd do one of those carnival thingys where you can never win, like throwing a ring over a bottle or getting a ball in a bucket 50 feet away, except I couldn't fail, so I'd actually win! Lol, stupid, but I think I would!
That's a great idea Andrea!!I would make an enormous,sumptuous dinner with like half a dozen main courses and even more side-dishes.Then I'd cook up some desserts that would knock your pants off and serve it all to my family.Knowing that I could not fail,I would make everything that would normally surpass my skill to cook!
Write a book, go back in time, change the future, downsize my ego, and meet every single famous person I'd want to. And while I'm at it, why not go out with Jennifer Garner or Angelina Jolie? Big Smile Smilie Big Laugh Smilie
*ahem* let's try this again.
Downsize my ego, and make a LotR movie that was true to the book (so what if it's 40 hrs. long?) If the last one was even possible...which I doubt.
I'd sell a piece of grass for a billion in dollars
I was rethinking this, and I think I'd have all the animal's at my shelter adopted out to nice, loving people Big Smile Smilie And then I commit myself to making everybody on the world happy with their lives, even if they are really terrible.
Quote:
And then I commit myself to making everybody on the world happy with their lives, even if they are really terrible.

Terrible lives or terrible people?
Well she's going to make their lives better, so I think it's safe to assume the people being terrible.
Quote:
I would try to fail. And since i cannot fail...oh wait...here goes a Paradox! Go me!

Lol! Well, basically you would probably just fail at trying to fail and so you would both fail and succeed in failing. You get me? I'm not sure if I understood that.
OK Aire! I sorta got that, but I suppose, well, I do get that, but it`s very confusing still...
I'd build myself a castle that has infinite underground floors, some of which dedicated to different movies (Matrix, LOTR, Star Wars, etc.). Then I'd learn to fly and turn invisible. I'd learn to play the guitar that's been lying under my bed for 4 years which I BEGGED to have. I'd also invent a computer that responds to voice and is infinetely fast. And I'd probably downsize Arco's ego.
Quote:
And I'd probably downsize Arco's ego.
I'll let you get away with that one as you are his brother. Wink Smilie
If i can't fail, i would try to fail and i would succeed in failing, because i can't fail.

in one word, leave not failing to the gods.
  [1] [2] >>