Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > What would you do if you knew you could not fail?   << [1] [2]
Who says gods can't fail?
Quote:
Who says gods can't fail?
The definition of God is that he is omnipotent by nature.
Now were approaching religion. Sad Smilie However, gods with a little "g" are just extentions of human imagination and they aren't necessarily omnipotent, omnipresent, or any other omni-attribute. Examples of these are those of , ancient Greece and Rome and India. While God with a capital "G" is reserved for the monotheistic God of Islam, Judaeisim, and Christianity, at least that is the western convention.
Ah but even that god failed with Lucifer, the fallen angel!
Also Adam and Eve.
I don't believe that God ever failed. Your points are valid Ross, but I don't believe that either Adam and Eve or Lucifer ever existed.
Then if you are of a judaic based religion (Christianity or Islam included) Lucifer has succeeded in his greatest trick. Wink Smilie
Quote:
Now were approaching religion.
And now he have reached religion. I excpect the Council will put a stop to this soon. Wink Smilie
Quote:
And now he have reached religion. I expect the Council will put a stop to this soon.
Yep... Come on folks. You know it always ends in tears. Someone says something that upsets someone else and they reply with something that upsets someone else etc etc....

I've often looked in this thread and pondered the question, but I've never managed to come up with an answer yet. Failing isn't pleasant, but it is what makes everything we do a challenge and exciting. If I knew I could not fail, I think I would just be bored.
I've failed all my life,I would like to do something I could do and not fail.
I`d put everything right...and I mean EVERYTHING! even though that would take some time, I`d do it for all of us. Also, I`d meet all of u from PT...I`d love to do that. Big Smile Smilie
I would stop people talking about Religion on this site... Wink Smilie
hehehe

I would just catch the next plane and go to Texas now now now!
I would get people to always understand each other, no matter what language they speak. And I would also convince teachers that students need a life besides studying too. Animated Wink Smilie
  << [1] [2]