Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Boards all to myself tonight...

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Boards all to myself tonight...   
Well, you could try an experiment to see what happens when you microwave your entire stock of undeveloped film on the high setting, for say three minutes. That ought to get a rise out of someone. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Kids: Do not try this at home until after Gimli reports back. You do not want to burn-up your mother's microwave or ruin your father's film stash on the odd chance that no damage will occur.
Let Gimli do it; he's a professional. Deal Smilie
Grondy, when I read your post I laughed so long and hard that my son had to tell me to be quiet, because he could not read his book. I was distracting him too much. lol
Gimli is a professional photographer and if he wants to get in trouble it should be at his expense. I didn't see him having a source of nuclear radiation to expose his film; then I thought
Quote:
"NUKE = what we sometimes call what we do with our microwave ovens."
and it just sort of grew from there. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

[Edited on 4/6/2003 by Grondmaster]
I knew it!!! Grandpappy Earendil told me NEVER trust a dwarf :-P he was right Big Smile Smilie

BAD GIMLI!!! Wink Smilie

[Edited on 11/6/2003 by Star-of-Hope]
I'm on my own now, what sort of mischief could I get up too? There's not even anyone in chat, now that's a rare thing. Taz, Rednell, Perwing and Aire usually live in there!

[Edited on 11/6/2003 by Ross]
i was in five minutes ago, I never use the name Ross.
Quote:
I'm on my own now, what sort of mischief could I get up too? There's not even anyone in chat, now that's a rare thing. Taz, Rednell, Perwing and Aire usually live in there!

[Edited on 11/6/2003 by Ross]

ROFL!! Ok, this is like a sign, right? Like: "Read between the lines, girl! Haven't you got a life?? What on Arda are you doing in there all day long???"

Oh well... I just like it there. Smile Smilie And I like the people in there. Smile Smilie Oh and btw, acctually, most time I'm in there, I'm really sleeping anyway. Tongue Smilie
Now would I ever say something like that?
Oh yes you sure would Ross!! Uhm... or, rather.. you'd probably add stuff... like "Ross throws a blue goo balloon at Aire and leaves her all covered in blue goo" yeah, or something. Tongue Smilie
*gimli walks in with beard cinged, face black, and clothes tattered*

Aparently film is explosive when mixed with Microwaves.. Who Knew!!!
Quote:
*gimli walks in with beard cinged, face black, and clothes tattered*

Aparently film is explosive when mixed with Microwaves.. Who Knew!!!
You didn't really try that did you?
For your next trick put an egg in a microwave!
Of course I did grondy.. I always listen to what moderators tell me....
Quote:
Of course I did grondy.. I always listen to what moderators tell me....
So tell us Gimli, what lesson(s) did you learn by doing this? Elk Grinning Smilie
Do they still use Silver Nitrate in film, or am I really showing my age now?
No Val they dont.. for just that reason.. for a while they called it Safety Film.. so you could be sure that it didn't.. but honestly.. knowing how old you are.. they havent even done that film since the 50's!!! maybe it's different over sea's.. but thats the way it is here in the states anyways... Perfectly safe now.. though.. some of the chemicals used to develop the stuff aren't that great!

You know the cool part.. one of the chemicals used to develop Slide film.. Its two clear liquids.. and when you add them together, you get Deep Purple!!!
They do still use a silver based alloy though, this is why Kodak is based in Ireland due to it's high ammount of silver mines.

Val do you remeber the exploding snooker balls? Wink Smilie
Yes.. they definatly still use silver.... gotta love the way that black crap gets all over everything when you are processing a lot of paper and film... grrrrrrrrrrrr

but.. I love black and white printing!!
I'm all alone, there's no one here beside me...
I have a bet with a friend, who can stay awake the longest, so far I've been awake 16 hours... I read somewhere that if you stay awake long enough you get a natural high... I doubt I'll get that far though! Tongue Smilie
It's true, you start to hallucinate and stuff.
I seem to have missed this thread for a while.
Quote:
Val do you remember the exploding snooker balls?
I don't remember them Ross, but I have heard of them. Weren't they the bacolite ones, made from a cordite derivative?
Quote:
I have a bet with a friend, who can stay awake the longest, so far I've been awake 16 hours... I read somewhere that if you stay awake long enough you get a natural high..
I came back off a fortnight's holiday to quite a lot of work to catch up on. By day I've been working on our research boat doing ground discrimination work from between 9am to anywhere between midnight and 1am. I've then been darting in here for an hour or so while being on stand-by for enforcement duty on our patrol boat through the night. At around 4.30am, if I haven't been called in, it's safe to get my head down for a few hours before I begin surveying again.
Quote:
I read somewhere that if you stay awake long enough you get a natural high
Nah... All's I feel is really tired Sleeping Smilie

Thankfully the weather blew up today meaning I had to come home at 5pm. I'm just waiting now for a phone call at 11pm to drag me out again.

[Edited on 21/8/2003 by Valedhelgwath]
I once put an exhibition in for sharp. That was a 28 hour working day with no rest's, all I felt was the need for sleep.
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read somewhere that if you stay awake long enough you get a natural high
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nah... All's I feel is really tired

Val, I think you are wrong there. I only got 8 hours sleep in 11 days one time, and I felt like I was stoned most of that time, I started seeing things and even tried to drive my car sound asleep. I was having night mares at the time and everytime I went to sleep I would start screaming and kicking and trying to hit someone or something. My cat (yes I only had one at the time) got to where he was afraid of me for a while. and I was thankful Matthew found me when I was trying to drive my car home that night. He ended up driving me and his friend followed us and drove Matthew back to the dorm. Finally my dreams settled down and I started sleeping a little more normally. Lack of sleep can be kinda interesting for a while, but also a very dangerous thing too. Now the longest I can go with out sleep is about 76 hours.
Quote:
Now the longest I can go with out sleep is about 76 hours.
You insomniac, Mellie. The most I've ever gone without any sleep is about 48 hours in my student days. What I tend to do now days, however, is go long periods with very little sleep (maybe 3 or 4 hours each night for a week at a time). As most people like to have 8 to 10 hours a night, 3 or 4 is not much. I do find though, that after a while I get used to this amount, and as long as I am active, I don't feel too bad.

Sleep is an important bodily function, during which time the brain is able to sort much of the information it has accumulated while awake. Physically the body needs an average of 3 to 4 hours a night to complete this process, and if you are not averaging at least this amount you should seek medical attention. It can be dangerous, particularly if you are driving etc.
I heard that for normal people (not insomniacs) if you go without sleep for two weeks you will die. I don't know if that is really true though.

Best not to try! Wink Smilie
Well. Let's see, getting into trouble I am good at.

You can:

1) Sling red paint everywhere, call the police, and then lay down and play dead to see what happens.

2) Put on Megadeth and then go cruising the church district OR the nursing home district.

3) Put on gospel music and then go cruising the Satanic district.

4) Go into the local pool hall and look for the biggest most intoxicated guy there (it will probably be much more interesting if he's drinkin' whisky), then whack him upside the head with your pool cue.

5) Walk into the local police station and tell them you are ready to talk about where Jimmy Hoffa is.

6) Plug up the tub and turn on the water, then go to the mall.

7) Sneak up behind your mother with a boa constrictor.

A little more G rated:

1) Write a bunch of naughty words in your diary then leave it laying open on mom's cleaning day.

2) Make paper airplanes out of the church bulletin and toss them during the choir's final song.

3) Bring a water balloon with you to school and toss it from above the principal's head.

That's about all for now. Go ahead and try some of this stuff! It's exciting and ALLLLLLLL the cool kids are doing it!

I remember tossing our cat at my dad's back as an experiment, and having to go get his razor strap as the result of my effort. Let me tell you, I never pulled that stunt again. Boy was he angry. I hadn't expected the cat to glomb-a-hold like that; he hadn't expected his snot-nosed son to do something so dumb, let alone to feel a score of claws buried in his back. Luckily there wasn't any infection and my welts were gone next morning. Kids! Shaking Head Smilie Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie
Oh, I forgot to tell you, I was about eight at the time.
Poor kitty! Lol, I bet it was funny though Grondy, despite your punishment!
One time I superglued a quarter to the floor in the food court at the mall. Then I watched people trying to pick it up and laughed my head off.
After awhile that didn't amuse me, so I moved all the "Caution wet floor" signs to carpeted areas, and moved all the signs that say "use other door" to the other door and watched to see how long it took people to figure out how to open the door.
Then I got kicked out of the mall for "disprution" Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie
I should try that Superglued quarter thing.. how long does it take to dry, I could set up my camera and remote fire the thing when people try to get it Big Smile SmilieBig Smile SmilieBig Smile Smilie

I have to try this at The Gathering in December!!!!!
Quote:
I should try that Superglued quarter thing.. how long does it take to dry,
About 30 seconds.