Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Friday the 13th! :( *worried*

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Friday the 13th! :( *worried*   
well, fri the 13th was yesterday for me, and nothing bad happened to me, but i was responsible for something bad happening to someone else.
I was moving calves by myself on the lease farm, and i really needed someone to stand at the road side to redirect the calves as they came bolting down the driveway, anyways, as i pulled into said driveway, i noticed that someone was home in the new house that has been built there, so i decided to wander up and ask if they could help. As i knocked on the door, i saw a woman standing at the kitchen sink with her back to me, drying her hair with a hair dryer, she was wearing a dress but only a bra, i considered slinking off then, but as i'd already knocked, i knocked again harder. she turned, saw me, shreiked at the top of her lungs, threw the dryer away in fright, screamed again, tried to cover herself, then ran off screaming like a banshee into another room, and heres me, covering my eyes so as not to perve, and mumbling out appoligees and asking for help at the same time, when she came back into the kitchen, wearing a top, she wouldn't open the door, only the window a tiny cracked and peeped out at me, i feel sorry for her but man it was funny, she probably smashed the hair dryer, and i bet the first thing she does is buy a set of curtains.... Big Laugh Smilie
Mine is quite funny. The handle broke off my bedroom door, while I was inside. There was no one else in the house, so I was shut in there for about 10 minutes before I decided to use my initiative and used a coat hanger to get the door open. Big Laugh Smilie
Ouch Halfelven! That is not good! Well, I'm glad you managed to get out.

Friday the 13th yesterday. Hum. I didn't even thought about it. But well, nothing really happened to me. Nothing that I was concerned about anyway.. Except that I had to go to an unbelievably boring club.

I don't really believe in anything bad happening on Friday the 13th. I believe, however, that if you really put your mind into anything bad happening that exact day, you'll be looking for bad things happening and then apply them to the fact that it is Friday the 13th. That's how the old believes stay alive. Smile Smilie
Yesterday was the 13th for me.
Only good things happen'ed from what I can remember.

Quote:
I don't really believe in anything bad happening on Friday the 13th. I believe, however, that if you really put your mind into anything bad happening that exact day, you'll be looking for bad things happening and then apply them to the fact that it is Friday the 13th. That's how the old believes stay alive.

^Thats true Aire.
Well, nothing bad happened to me yesterday, infact it was a rather dull boring day!

Sorry about your teacher problems Sheryl, that must really make school horrid at times.
Good luck hun! Fingers crossed! Big Smile Smilie

yes, ur right Stony. No need to b sry though. Smile Smilie
Yesterday was a rather good day for me. We had a Science fair/open house at school which went well. I got lots of candy. And my parents sold a lot at their gallery, the first big sales of the season. Wink Smilie
Good luck on your exams Stonehelm! Big Smile Smilie
Rhodry ,hair dryers are expensive you know,and the poor woman will never ever be able to look at you again,seams like you saw enough of her though Wink Smilie

I was signing a new contract at work on Friday and was just about to sign the date when superstition got the better of me. I couldn't help but backdate it by a day.

I believe the superstition of Friday 13th comes from something that happened in France in 1312, by the way. At this time the Knights Templar, going through a lull in the various Holy Crusades of this period, had the largest standing army in Europe. They also had incredible wealth, having spent many years trading with the Saracens rather than fighting them.

Around this time, one of the King Louis's, I cannot remember whether it was the XIV or XVI, ducked into one of their hostleries to escape an angry mob. It was while in there that he saw their incredible wealth, and realised it could go a long way to refilling the nation's treasury which he had managed to fritter away.

In order to take the Knights by surprise (bearing in mind they had places all over France), he sent orders to all of his agents in envelopes to opened at whatever time, Friday 13th 1312.

Although this is one of the reasons for the Friday 13th superstition, it did not arise from the potential bloodbath. In fact there was no bloodbath at all. The Templars must have got wind of the plot, for when the agents simultaneously raided their hostleries up and down France, they only managed to arrest seven people (all lowly clerks) and found absolutely no sniff of the legendary treasure.

That's what I heard anyway....

[Edited on 15/6/2003 by Valedhelgwath]
I had the school farewell party friday. On Friday the 13th yes. Smile Smilie It was my last day of school. We had an afterparty with a coupple of friends up in the scout's room next to the church. We were up there in the middle of the night after a big storm, on a full moon next to the graveyard. But I had soooo much fun. Big Smile Smilie Nothing bad happened realy that day except of the fact that I finnished Primary school. :/ But I am still trying to decide if that is a good or a bad thing.
Another reason for the Fri 13th superstition is religious, funnily enough. Because there were 13 people at the Last supper, and Jesus died on a Friday, this is unbelievably enough, actually true.