Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Pirates of the Caribbean   
I hear its a awesome movie, but i'll have to see for myself.
And I really like Johnny Depp so Im eager to see him as a pirate! Arrr-arr Captain!....'k that was lame.
Quote:
And girls.......do you agree with me that Depp has never looked hotter than he has in this movie??? For some reason he was really hot. Wink Smilie

I totally agree.
oh hehehehe.. johnny heheeheh.. he was so hot.. hehehehe..

ahem... It was a great movie though... I enjoyed it very much.. one of those that once i got home i cant keep thinking of going back to see it again.. and that hasnt happened since TTT

I hear the sequel is already signed up with all actors returning.. cant wait!
Quote:
one of those that once i got home i cant keep thinking of going back to see it again.. and that hasnt happened since TTT

That is exactly how I felt too, Gimili. This movie is definitely a "buy the DVD" one. Big Smile Smilie
YES! saving my pennies now Big Smile Smilie
I can't believe they're making a sequel!
Quote:
oh hehehehe.. johnny heheeheh.. he was so hot.. hehehehe..

Lol gimli!

Quote:
I always liked Depp but he never really stood out in a performance til now. His portrayal of the pirate was AWESOME. He made his character seem as if he was always slightly drunk and comical.

At first I couldn't decide whether he was always slighty drunk or slighty crazy, I loved the way he walked and his facial expressions, very funny! Big Laugh Smilie
I went and saw it with 3 of my guy friends, so of course they teased me saying it was tempting to wipe the drool from my chin! Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom together....¤sigh¤
great movie . johnny was really funny.

ok gals, what is it w/ you and johnny? orlando is so much hotter ! but i admit depp did make my heart flutter a few times. to each her own i guess. cough*elijah wood*cough

my fav part is were will & jack are fighting and will says "i practice w/ the swords 3 hours a day, every day" and jack says "you gotta find ya self a girl, mate..." it goes on.

has any one here seen the part at the end of the credits? it is awesome. and yes there is gonna be a sequel.
Quote:
ok gals, what is it w/ you and johnny? orlando is so much hotter! but i admit depp did make my heart flutter a few times. to each her own i guess. cough*elijah wood*cough

seriously, i think thats all you girls are going for, you dont care about the movie, you just wanna see johnny depp and orlando bloom together.
i like the part where the pirates were walking underwater and ever so often the moonlite would hit them and theyd be zombies. and the battles. i liked the battles Big Smile Smilie
I was thinking about check it out monday but hadn“t time maybe I“ll see it tomorrow <)
Quote:
Quote:
ok gals, what is it w/ you and johnny? orlando is so much hotter! but i admit depp did make my heart flutter a few times. to each her own i guess. cough*elijah wood*cough

seriously, i think thats all you girls are going for, you dont care about the movie, you just wanna see johnny depp and orlando bloom together.

well think agian. i posted that cause thats what the other gals were talking about and because it interesed me. i also saw it cause i have enjoyed the ride for years since i was a little girl.and going to disneyland is a tradion my family and i have. its just the stage i am at and i enjoy talking about that kind of stuff. i also saw it because keria knighty is my fav actress and i enjoy her acting. please dont jump to conclusions. Wink Smilie
do any other gals agree?

[Edited on 8/8/2003 by EvithianEhtmire]
I`m gonna go c POTC 2nite! Very excited, I hope it`s gd!
I can't believe it took me so long, but I finally saw it today! I liked it, thought it was very good, but I thought the ending could have been better somehow. The Pirates ride has been my favorite since I was a little kid, so I really enjoyed the few scenes they did that were straight from the ride. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the sequel.

Quote:
has any one here seen the part at the end of the credits?

EE, what was at the end of the credits, I missed that? Elf Confused Smilie

Quote:
And I don`t go to see a movie simply cuz a hot guy is in it. If Depp or Orli are in it, then it`s a bonus. I see a movie cuz it looks good, not for the guys.

Exactly, go see a movie because the movie itself looks good, not the eye candy in it!
It was great and ever since I saw the movie, I`ve been in character mode! Just call me: Cap`n Shazz Sparrow. lol. I fink it `as a bit of a ring to it, or maybe: Shazz Turner? Nah! Shazz Sparrow is best, either man suits me anyway! Wink Smilie

Johnny Depp just looked soooooooooo cute in that movie, even though he had black gold yellow and white teeth. lol. He was the star of that movie and he just made me laugh all the time. C, I have a very sensitive humour, I laugh at almost anything that`s funny, he made me cry! That don`t happen that often.

Me and me matey always imitate Johnny Depp now when he looks as though he`s drunk and we do the thing Orli does when he says, "I guess that explains the..." and does the face thingy, we always do that. Our mateies look at us as if we`ve gone crackers, but then we have to sy, "C the movie and ye`ll know wot we`re doin!" Then there`s just a wierd silence...

I like a gd movie, and sorta the men in it, but the movie come first. Oh and btw, a film can`t be really good with out one decent person in it...I think...maybe not...

But I loved the movie, it was probably the best film I`ve ever seen! I really really enjoyed it, I think I`m going through a caze right now... Big Smile Smilie

I`ll say a little more tomorrow, coz I`m going to bed right now.

Night me hearties!

~Cap`n Sheryl~
Quote:

Quote:
has any one here seen the part at the end of the credits?

EE, what was at the end of the credits, I missed that? Elf Confused Smilie

it shows the monkey[jack] swiming up to the island cave were barbosa was killed,[while he is swiming u see an apple w/ a bite in it], then he[the monkey] goes over to the cursed chest takes a piece of gold out and screams at the camra. it is awesome. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
it shows the monkey[jack] swiming up to the island cave were barbosa was killed,[while he is swiming u see an apple w/ a bite in it], then he[the monkey] goes over to the cursed chest takes a piece of gold out and screams at the camra. it is awesome.

Cool! Thanks for letting me know! Elf Winking Smilie
I've been to see it twice now, and both times I've waited to see the ending but have been ushered out before the credits end. I'll try once more when I take my son to see it on Friday, but failing that, I'll have to wait until the DVD comes out.

Gotta admit, old Johnny's a class act. From his first appearence at the top of the mast, until his last scene, he totally steals the show. Sweeps Orlando under the carpet in my opinion. I think we'll see a generation of people going around now with that Jack Sparrow crazy look, and calling everything "savvy".

Great movie.
I've seen this movies twice. I even won tickets to it, AND a t-shirt! The second time I saw it... *looks around and lowers her voice*... I even took some pictures with my digital camera. Hehehe.. Big Smile Smilie They are great!

I agree with Feawen, Orlando Bloom is so hot in this movie I'm thinking of becoming a fangirl. Tongue Smilie

Otherwise, the effects were great, the humour perfect and Depp was absolutely EXCELLENT! Big Smile Smilie

Oh, this is the first movie ever that I'll acctually buy. As SOON as it comes out on VHS. Big Smile Smilie Can't wait!!!
Ok, I have to add my 2 cents worth, to this thread. I thought Pirates of the Caribbean was a wonderful movie. Yes, I originally went because I saw that Johnny Depp was in it. I first became a Johnny Depp enthusiast when he was on 21 Jump Street. At the time, I just thought he was amazingly cute. Since then, he has proven himself as an awesome and extremely talented actor. (Even my husband agrees) I believe that the man becomes even more attractive the older he gets. (I was shocked to discover that he just turned 40 in June!) Therefore, in Pirates, we have an incredibly talented actor that is just amazingly HOT as well. The movie is painfully funny, and I laughed until I cried and my sides were aching. The story is terrific and very well done. Overall, it was a very well made movie. Oh, and Orlando Bloom is in it too, that was an added bonus. Orlando is a good actor too, but Johnny was the whole movie to me. Depp is just such an over the top actor that it is overwhelming at times. Depp can perform just about any type of role, in my opinion. He has done spooky, comedy, and drama. My suggestion, is if someone does not want to see a movie just because a person is in it that is good-looking; then, go see this movie for all of the other reasons, I have listed. I believe it is one of the best movies out. I have never laughed so hard and for such a prolonged period, of time in my life.

I will also purchase this movie the moment that it becomes available on DVD. I would love to see any extras that they may have on it, for instance, deleted scenes, or interviews with the cast. I looked Depp up on Internet Movie Database and they had some personal quotes from him. There were two, which I thought were terrific. .

1)
Quote:
Anything I've done up till 27 May 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life.

2)
Quote:
One of the most incredible moments I've ever had was sitting in Vincent [Price]'s trailer...I was showing him this first-edition book I have of the complete works of Poe--with really amazing illustrations. Vincent was going nuts over the drawings, and he started talking about The Tomb of Ligeia. Then he closed the book and began to recite it to me in this beautiful voice, filling the room with huge sounds. Such passion! I looked in the book later, and it was verbatim. Word perfect. It was a great moment. I'll never forget that."

I hope that the quotes I showed will, demonstrate that I am interested in Johnny Depp as a serious actor and not just eye candy.

I seem to have been sidetracked a little. I apologize for that, hopefully, I did not bore any one too badly.

Mellie
Sleeping Smilie Fast Asleep Smilie
ZzzzzZzzzzZzzz....

Naw, just kidding Mellie, the quotes were acctually really interesting.
I don't know why, but I've never gotten my interest up for Johnny Depp. All of my friends spoke about him constantly and I hardly knew who he was. Perhaps I was too young.
I was wondering about this movie because it is currently playing in my town where I am nannying. I am in charge of 4 kids...aged 2-4-4-6 and I was wondering if it is an apporpriate movie for children this age, despite it being PG 13. They do like action. One of their fav movies for example is Twister. And they are very well behaved in public, for long periods of time. So I guess I am wondering about this movie in regards to content--nudity and cursing and horrific violence mostly....but also, would they get it???

I would appreciate a knowledgable opinion because I haven't seen this one. Thanks in adv~
Well, it is a Disney film, so you can't expect to see sex scenes in it Smile Smilie But it does have some scary moments, maybe for children, like when the Black Pearl crew turned to skeletons and also some sword-fighting scenes (though those 'violence' are probably mild compared to what we get on our TV screens nowadays). I did watch it with my 4 and 1/2 year old brother, he was a little scared of the skeletons but otherwise found the movie okay though he maybe didn't really understand it, there were some other families with small children watching the movie as well. I think it's a great, fun movie but it's your choice. Wink Smilie
I think the six year old could probably handle it, but probably not the four year olds, and two year olds should never be subjected on the other movie-goers. Of course I have no basis for the aforegoing comment, having not seen the movie, but from the trailers, these skeletons have rotting flesh still hanging from their bones, which may even invoke the nanny to develop night-mares unless these characters are introduced under very laughable conditions. Shaking Head Smilie Big Laugh Smilie
thanks for the replies, actually, I seriously considered taking the kids to the movies today and I would have tried this one. I work for a blended family and the two youngest were gone with their dad, leaving one of the 4's and the 6 behind. Then the two I still had got rowdy and I knew I couldn't take them anywhere so we ended up in the pool instead. (Yes I live well...it's all a borrowed lifestyle which suits me just fine). This was probably the last day it is playing here in town. So...maybe when it comes out on video, we can preview it first. Thanks for the advice. BTW, are there any cool kid movies out now?? I'm not aware of any in the theaters. And the HP's are out. The HP's go against the family's religious beliefs.
Quote:
And the HP's are out. The HP's go against the family's religious beliefs.
Elf Confused Smilie Don't understand why, but I'm not gonna get into that.

I don't think there's any cool kid movies in the theaters now unless there's some that I'm not aware of. The safe bet is to borrow some Disney cartoons or something that appeals to them - I think if you ask they'll tell you. Well, my brother did anyway, he was very specific about wanting to watch Finding Nemo. Big Smile Smilie
Finding Nemo seems to be the movie all the kids want to see at the moment, music.

Anyways, I just wanted to coment that Pirates of the Caribean is a great movie. Lots of swash-buckling action and spooky special effects.

Orli is good. He looks good and his acting is at least passable, so I would recommend the film to any Orli fans out there.

Depp is brilliant (and unrecognisable) as Captain Jack Sparrow. In fact, he tends to steal the show. He has definately earned his acting spurs.

I hope you all enjoyed Pirates of the Caribean as much as I did.
I don“t wish to see this movie.....sorry but it doesn“t interest me too see Orlando 'Legolamb' Bloom prancing around and make young minds warped......it“s disgusting!!

Thank Eru for some real action in T3!!!!
Quote:
Finding Nemo seems to be the movie all kids want to see at the moment, music.

I saw that. I cried at the end, dunno why. Sad Smilie But it was good.
Well, an update, Pirates wasn't done playing at the theater here when I decided it was time for some one on one with one of my kids. I took the 6 year old to it and we both loved it. I didn't get as sweaty over Johnny Depp as I would have if the kid wasn't with me...(sigh) but still an incredible movie. GREAT STORY. Having seen it, I think all but the little one (2) of my four would have really enjoyed it.

Quote:
I think the six year old could probably handle it, but probably not the four year olds, and two year olds should never be subjected on the other movie-goers

Are you trying to warn me Grondy!? Tongue Smilie
I havn't seen it yet. Just am wondering what Depp looks like with make-up Elf With a Big Grin Smilie .
Quote:
Are you trying to warn me Grondy!? Tongue Smilie
Naw, you only act like a two year old, Lady Fea. j/k Elf With a Big Grin Smilie You may as well go see the movie and see for yourself. Happy Elf Smilie
Quote:
Just am wondering what Depp looks like with make-up Elf With a Big Grin Smilie .

He looks good. Big Smile Smilie Big Laugh Smilie
I read the other day that Depp was in a restaraunt recently and a fan became so excited to see him, she went into labour on the spot. Sometimes it's better not being famous I think.
well,I guess maybe she just got a little too excited then.
Quote:
Naw, you only act like a two year old, Lady Fea. j/k

Har har,tsk tsk! Ha Ha Ha Smilie
By the way,I still havn't watched it yet.
Quote:
I read the other day that Depp was in a restaraunt recently and a fan became so excited to see him, she went into labour on the spot. Sometimes it's better not being famous I think.

Val, did the article say what Depp's reation to this was? I imagine him running for his life! Big Laugh Smilie

And Depp's makeup was great. Did a good job of making him look just a bit crazier. Wink Smilie
The first time I saw shots fro PotC on TV I though Depp was the female lead dressed as a man. Ha Ha Ha Smilie
Big Laugh Smilie First time I saw him, I`d completely forgot who he woz and wot films he`s been in, but then I got home and I found it he woz in Scissor hands. I liked that film, he looks totally different when u compare him in Scissor hands to PotC, u don`t really recognise him do u? well, age and make-up do make ALOT of difference...
oh...my...GOSH!!!!!!!! I went to see POTC for like, the fourth time last night. (Is it just me or is Orli getting hotter?) I agree with the Orlando Bloom Lovers (OF which I am one) That Orli is hotter than Depp, but that's my opinion. There wasn't really a main character, come to think of it, but Johnny was the scene-stealer. But if I ever had to choose between Will and Jack. Seeya Johnny-boy!
LOL! Big Laugh Smilie

I have to agree ith u Legolas, he is getting hotter and hotter every time u c him! my mum said she`s gonna take me up London to a movie premeire all the stars that casted in it come and she said she`d take me to one with Bloom in it! YAY! Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
Val, did the article say what Depp's reation to this was? I imagine him running for his life
Apparently he was having a meal with a friend when the pregnant woman at another table began getting excited at seeing him. In a bid to quieten her down a little, so that he could get on with his meal in peace, he went over to her table to autograph her napkin. At that point, however, the excitement got just a little too much for her. She broke her waters and went into labour. I think at this point Depp quietly left.
Well me mate told me this was a good movie....so I saw it on his computer....hahhahahaha...Johnny Depp was terrific.....freaking hilarious....

One of the funniest bits was when he was on the "mast" of his little boat and you thought that it was a big ship but then you saw that it was a tiny fishing boat like ......boatTongue Smilie
hahahahha really funny!