Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Mellie says "SOMETHING"

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Mellie says "SOMETHING"   
Gimli, you are such a twit. lol

But that is the best laugh I have had today. No one is going to get the joke unless I give that ummmm.... interesting.....yeah that is the word..... interesting site.

http://www.lifegems.com/

Mellie

[Edited on 9/14/2003 by MelliotSandybanks]
ok, to be honest I still don't understand the joke?
Me either Aire, but that LifeGem thing is kinda cool, kinda creepy...
Yes, very, very creepy.. *shudders*
Hahaha! That is so creapy I just have to laugh. The more I read the worse my tummy gets! The sick sick people!!

Ads for Lifegem by Amarie:
---
"Oh what a lovely diamond necklase you've got!"
"Yes it's my Grandfather"

----Imagine TV-shop hostess voice here:
Why put your old, wrinkly mother in a home when she'd look so much better as a diamond rock on your finger?
---
Did Mommy Dearest pass away too soon? Now she can be with you forever and ever and ever..
---
Does all your friends have gorgeous urnes for their loved ones? Are their family toombstones so much better than yours? And do they rub it in your face all the time?

Of course they do. But now there's a way for you to litterary outshine your friends to show that you love YOUR mom better than they did AND get a glorius jewel in the prosses!
---

Quite some while ago I heared about the Lifegem thingy, it was on the news. Personally, I don't like the idea wearing my dead family arond my neck or on my fingers, but I bet there are those that would.
I'm sure some people would. Maybe a pet cat or dog or something, but I don't think I could wear a human
¤shudders¤
Quote:
There he was lying in his bed having just dozed off, when the gem in his left ear lit up the room and with a familiar squawk he heard, "You worm! I asked to be buried, and what did you go an do, but turn me into a earriing. Boy! You are going to rue the day you were born, now you've gone and done that. You will no longer be able to sleep 'cause I'ma gonna haunt you forever and a day.—Grondy
Quote:
I'm sure some people would. Maybe a pet cat or dog or something, but I don't think I could wear a human
¤shudders¤

In Belgium we have a saga or legend telling the story of a boy called Tijl Uilenspiegel. He was known to make a fool of rich people by reflecting their habits or personality. In his name their is the word 'spiegel' which is Dutch for mirror. Anyway, one day he witnessed his father being burned alive by the Spanish Inquisition because he would have taken a heretic in his home. From that day, he fights the Spanish occupiers and wears around his neck a little leather pouch with some of the ashes of his father.
Thankyou so much gnampie! Your story reminded me of something. Ooo! I can't believe I didn't mention this before, and with my memory I'm going to post it here and now before I forget again.
A couple of weekends ago, my mom and I went to this place called Greenfield Village. On our way out, my mom picked up a little leather money pouch. She told me too remind her to turn it in to the lost and found, but of course I forgot.
When we got in the car, I remembered, and we decided to open it and see what was inside.
There was a beautiful blue rosary from Notre Dame (it had a little label/ tag thing attached to it and it said so, and something in Latin that my mom thinks means Blessed by Holy Catholic water, and a little oval piece of picture of a priest or frier that was lamenated.
On the back of this picture was a little piece of cloth, and it said "Last words of Fr. Solanus Casey O.F.M. Cap. 'I give my soul to Jesus Christ'" then under the piece of cloth it said "Piece of clothing worn by Fr. Solanus. (Were guessing Father Solanus is the one on the picture)
There was also another little pouch in there too, and it had a picture of some saint or nun. On the back side of the pouch it said "Soil from the grave of Little Rose."
Does anyone here happen to know who Fr. Solanus Casey or Little Rose is? I'm not Catholic, so I don't know if they're important figure heads in that religion, and when we called Greenfield village about it, they said that no one had reported missing something like that...
Andrea,I could go on and on about him but here's a little website that will be of more help http://www.beafriar.com/solanus.html
Big Smile Smilie
O. Wow! Thanks LadyF! That's really neat. I'm sure whoever owns this must keep it in high respect, so I'm going to make it a duty to find the rightful owner.
Andrea, I think this is the Little Rose you mentioned:

http://home.maine.rr.com/oursites/littlerose/
I didn't at first understand know what life gems where,now I do and I think I'm going to puke...Thanks for sharing though Gimli and Mellie Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
----Imagine TV-shop hostess voice here:
Why put your old, wrinkly mother in a home when she'd look so much better as a diamond rock on your finger?

ROFL Amarie! hahah,that's just terrible!
Those were great Amarie!!!

yea.. i didn't think you would all get the joke.. but seemed like a funny way to start off about that site.. and it was Mellie's idea after all.. blame her :P
Quote:
Andrea, I think this is the Little Rose you mentioned:

http://home.maine.rr.com/oursites/littlerose/

Yea, I think that's her too gnampie. Wow, that's really odd. Disturbed Smilie We called the place again, and they told us to keep it, no one put in a claim for it.

Lol, yea, thanks for sharing Mellie and gimli! Wink Smilie
Yeah, I thought it was creeepy and wierd too, but when Matthew showed me the site, I just had to share it with my bestest friends. I think Grondy has the right idea, I would be afraid that the person or pet would haunt me forever if I ever did that. Quite sickening. Amarie, I loved your adds. They were sooo funny Big Laugh Smilie