Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hi, I'm new as well

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Hi, I'm new as well   
Hi all,
yes another person who is new.

I also live in Wellington New Zealand.

One thing I'm trying to find is how to write in elvish. Its not an easy task as I want both forms (well i think there is two forms). Still finding out things about LOTR, and Tolkien.

If anyone could help I would thank you greatly.

Sonia
Hi and welcome to PT Sonianz. Waving Hello Smilie

There are in fact several forms of Elvish, but there are two main languages, Quenya and Sindarin. I teach Quenya every Monday at 8.30pm GMT, in our #bilbos-study chatroom. You would be welcome to join us. If you also want to learn any of Tolkien's writing systems, email me at patrick_vary@hotmail.com.

Smile Smilie
Hey there Sonianz! I be Stoney, and welcome to PT!
Welcome to our Message Board Sonianz. Happy Elf Smilie I hope to see more of your posts around here.
Thank you all for your warm welcome.

I will post from time to time. As I said, I'm still learning about Tolkien and his books. If it was'nt for PJ, making the movies, I would have never picked the book up. I would have looked at it in the book store read a few lines from a few chapters and put it down again.

His style of writing is not one I was used too, and I found it at times a struggle to keep reading. But I finshed it and am now reading the Hobbit (as well as another book from a different auther).

I am the type of person who has to read the book before seeing the movie, and qute often I find myself trying to read it in a week before the movie.

I'm sure you all would like to know a little about my self. Well I'm 26, and as I said I live in Wellington, New Zealand (dubbed Middle earth). I have started to play Dungeons and Dragons, (my boyfriend got me into that). I work in retail, womens clothing, and I dont like it, trying to find a new job. I like to read (otherwise I wouldnt have read LOTR), and I'm a fan of Tolkien and PJ (of course).

If there is anything else I have left out dont hesatate to ask.

By the way my spelling is not the greatest, so please forgive me for that.

Mae Govannen Mellon, im Arwen. Elen sila lumenn omentilmo. Aa' lasser en lle coia orn n' omenta gurtha ta Aa' i'sul nora lanne'lle.
-
Welcome Friend, I am Arwen. May a star shine on the hour of our meeting. May the leaves of your life tree never turn brown and may the wind ever fill your sails.

Love,
Arwen
Welcome to Planet Tolkien Sonianz. I hope you have a great time around here

Quote:
I have started to play Dungeons and Dragons

Have fun. I lost a lot of years playing AD&D and Rolemaster. Don't forget to take a breath of reality every now and again.

Welcome to PT Sonianz! Always nice to see some new people around! Happy Elf Smilie