Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Location, location, location

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Location, location, location   
OK, so why did people choose the race and location they did?

I chose the Elves because they could really do with a good laugh. I shall bring them loud music, pipe weed and anarchy. Let's face it, most of them look like their faces would crack if they laughed.

Also I like the idea of immortality although there are only so many games of Scrabble one can play in a lifetime.......

And Lothlorien because I love Gregorian Chants and fancy living in trees. Galadriel is a bit of a minx and I her parties are legendary.

Next!

I chose to be a Dunedain man because all other races suck.
Ah, the arrogance of men.

Bless 'em.

Why can't I insert smilies?
Quote:
Quite right.
I decided I wanted to check out the Glittering Caves so decided to locate there. Someday I expect I'll retire in Rivendell, but might want to stay in Hobbiton for a spell before hand.
Val's an elf so I couldn't really choose anything other really.
Except a different name. Why did you choose Val... or was it chosen for you? Or is it your real name? If you chose it, you chose an elvish name, so why?

Valedhelgwath is the name of a Middle Earth Role Playing character I used to have. It's Sindarin for Val (power) Edhel (elf) Gwath (shadow). When I joined here and was asked for a user name, I thought it would be a good one to use.
I chose Hobbiton because it's green and hilly so it's the closest to what it's like in my real home.
Quote:

Valedhelgwath is the name of a Middle Earth Role Playing character I used to have. It's Sindarin for Val (power) Edhel (elf) Gwath (shadow). When I joined here and was asked for a user name, I thought it would be a good one to use.

It is a majestic name.

Quote:
Daisy Posted

I chose Hobbiton because it's green and hilly so it's the closest to what it's like in my real home.

I should have been a Hobbit then because my house is called 'The Shire'.

Quote:

I'll double that!
I chose the glittering caves cause Im gonna set up some lights and get em reflected everywhere and work on my tan.
A dwarf well why the heck not....there tuff wee sods and well they just rock.
Quote:

U RULE VIR!!

Anywayz, wat else cld be Aragorn be?
Well gee, I chose Rivendell, because it is a place of study, and knowledge.

Chose elf because someone didn't want to include Dragons as an option :P

Would have preferred to choose Dragon as Race, and under a mountain somewhere. But one must choose based on choices available.

Big Smile Smilie
Yes, one must and although I prefer Men to Elves I think the elves could benefit from my continued support.

Nice to see you btw.

Well it was either Rivendell or Edoras, as the Rohirrim are based on the vikings. Amarie is an elven name, my avatar is an elf, and of course I want to be tall, pretty and wise *hehe*. I am a brunette and Rivendell is the only place where I know for sure there are dark haired elves, I am facinated by Elladan and Elrohir and admires Elrond and wouldn't mind beeing related to them somehow. Besides, they need a new princess now that Arwen is gone. Wink Smilie
Quote:
I chose Rivendell, because it is a place of study, and knowledge.

Spot on!

This is, unlike my usual, short & sweet....

Bye. xxx
But Elrond's parties are not as good as Galadriel's.

I was going to pick the Shire but my name sounds more Elvish,and I think Lothlorien sounds beautiful in the books.
I chose Rivendell cause that's where the last descendents of the House of Feanor are. Though Tirion or Gondolin would've been even better, Imladris will do!

Namarie!
I really am fascinated by the deep, dark places of the world, but I like great heights even more, and being a Dwarf wouldn't appeal to me; I'm not materialistic and greedy enough either. (Sorry for the generalization).

I'm not simple or carefree enough to be a Hobbit, though I do greatly appreciate their culture and lifestyle. And I like food enough. Big Smile Smilie

I'm not very preoccupied with valour, fighting, honor, or being a warrior, and I think that I wouldn't be a Dúnadan. I wouldn't be a member of Rohan, because even though I absolutely love their culture, I don't think I would fit there.

Also, while I feel I would be very capable on the side of evil, I know that I would simply never allow myself to do so, and I wouldn't be happy on the bottom of the hierarchy, anyway. A mere Uruk? Please...

Anyway, I chose to be an Elf, which actually does somewhat fit my personality.
That said, I chose Lothlórien because I liked its description in the book, though I liked Imladris equally so.

-Arcormacolindóva (though I daresay no Third-Age Elf would have so long and linguistically incorrect a name, let alone one in Quenya! )
Well I chose to be a hobbit because of my name is HobbitHomie05!!Smoke Smilie I don't know why I picked to be in Hobbiton, it sounded nicer!! But now I kind of wish I chose Buckland I don't know why!! If my name wasn't HobbitHomie05 I would have been the race of men from the dunidain!!! They rock!!! Wink Smilie
Hi people,
I chose to be an Elf due to my reserved nature and Rivendell, as the healing profession is in my family. Also due to my dreadfully advanced years! Thanks to all who welcomed me and other recent newcomers. I hope to get the hang of this before too long.