Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Which prop?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Which prop?   
Out of all the props (whether special fx or not) in the LotR films, which one would you most like to own?

I want the Balrog's whip of fire.
A full Suit of Elven Plate-mail along with an Elven Longsword, (the Elven plate featured at the Battle Dagorlad? or is it the plains of Gorgoroth?)

Failing that ..i'll humbly settle for the Ring of Power, in the confident and certain knowledge that i would make an altogether greater and more abominable TYRANT than the meek, feeble and oft thought torch-like, Sauron.

Woulda given Morgoth a good seeing to as well - WIMP!
Bad King Smilie
Quote:
Failing that ..i'll humbly settle for the Ring of Power, in the confident and certain knowledge that i would make an altogether greater and more abominable TYRANT than the meek, feeble and oft thought torch-like, Sauron.

Spooky - I was going to start a thread asking people if they would take the ring and what qualities they had which would prevent them taking it. I even started to type it but then cancelled it because we all know too much about what the ring could do.

Ah...... bored? Me?

I'd also like a Palantir because they are glassy and shiny and round and would look fab in my house. Also save on phone bills......

Save on phone bills... damn reet! Bit bulky though maybe fragile too...

Look good on my desk too, hmmmm... maybe it could descry the inner workings of the free-masons??? that'd help.

Yeah you guessed it, i'm verily bored but need some kind of outlet to alleviate my desire to actually do some work... the minister of justice in scotland, my boss,( i'm his junior advisor), and he's waiting for a massive submission of a speech i'm supposed to write, and frankly i just cant be arsed! *yawn*
They are not all accounted for, the last seeing-stones, we don't know who else could be watching! Wary Smilie

Besides, Skype let you talk for free over the internet. It is not shiny and glassy, but at least you can block and ignore the ones you don't like from looking into your home. Wink Smilie

I want a sword. Not sure which one. Anduril perhaps? Or one made for me...I know the design it should have too... *dreams*
Eh, since the Silmarils are not available at the moment, I think I'll have one of those Palantir things (made by the Elves, u know? Feanor to be more precise...)
I'd go for the Ring of Barahir. It's got no special powers, but its heretage is awesome. The story of that ring would make a fantastic film or mini-series in its own right.
The crowning glory of all the films which is the Witchkings ball and chain. The weapon that even he struggles to wield.
I`ve seen PJ swinging it in a docu and he was having trouble with the lighter prop.
Val said:
Quote:
I'd go for the Ring of Barahir.

Is that the ring that belonged to Aragorn - the two serpents?
Yes, Vee, the only heirloom to survive the Downfall of Numenor.
How about the fake Frodo that Arwen had on her horse? Very Big Grin Smilie

Or Sauron's severed finger?
Well I took a pic of a sword and altered it with photoshop till it looked close to the way I wantsssss it. Amaries sword
It should have had more bat-like wings but that is ok, more elfish this way perhaps...?
www.home.no/viz is my website btw, in case you didn't know.

Hahaha, owning the fake Frodo! Brilliant! Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
Nice sword, Amarie, but the business end is missing.

Vee, if you are interested in the Ring of Barahir, there is a thread about it in the Silmarillion section.
Thanks Val. I shall have a look.

How are you anyway - not seen much of you at all lately. Pop in to the chatroom sometime for a cuppa.
Quote:
Nice sword, Amarie, but the business end is missing.
The business part will be added soon. I just wanted to see if I could make the part with the figure and the wing looks ok, and I never thought I could, but I surpriced myself. Found a nice, big picture of Anduril, that will do nicely.
Does Bag End count as a prop? If so, I'll take it!
Glamdring all the way!!!!!!!!!!
I think that Lurtz's severed head and arm might be nice!
Roasted with a potatoes and onions?

'Stick them in a stew... throw some tatoes and, maybe, some pasta...'
Could be one of Sam's recipies, right?
OOOOO I really love all the props in LOTR but one of my faveorites is Theoden's sword. It is so cool and pretty. I love the horses on it and how it looks sorta like a heart.
Quote:
'Stick them in a stew... throw some tatoes and, maybe, some pasta...'
Could be one of Sam's recipies, right?

Right on! Throw in a little raw and wiggling fish and you have a complete meal!
Props? Oh my gosh, it's obvious, isn't it? It's......... hold on, its............... um......... well, you know!
Bilbo's journal, with maps and illustrations. (Was that in the theatrical version?) Big Smile Smilie
Failing that I'd settle for the costume of a Ringwraith (all 15 yards of fabric, with armor and sword). What, that doesn' t count? Then I'd have to go with the armor of King Thťoden.