Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What should i read next

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > What should i read next   
i was wondering if anyone could recommend what book i should read next. I have read The Hobbit, The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, Unfinished Tales and The Silmarillion

I will be grateful for any suggestions Wiggle Smilie
The LOTR complete movie guide, perhaps? Paranoid Smilie
Enid Blyton's "the Famous Five", you'll love it...

erm... maybe?

No i dont like the movies Peter Jackson made some changes which i didnt like and a other thing i read the book when i was about 11 which was 7 years ago
Are you talking about Tolkien books in particular? If so, what about History of Midle Earth - available in two parts or lots of volumes.

Letters of JR Tolkien?

i would like to read moor tolkien but i would read anything good
There is a thread about "are you reading now" or something in one of the taverns. People recommending (or not) books.

Try Orson Scott Card - Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.
How about : A Tolkien Compass,The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien (pretty good,from what I've read),or The Road Goes Ever On... Well, what ever you decide to read by Tolkien I'm sure will be wonderful. Smile Smilie
Not Tolkien, not fantasy. But GOOD!: "Absolute friends", John le Carré. Thumbs Up Smilie
read tolkien, not on the movies, most of the people who have actually READ the books and BEFORE seeing the movies have MANY problems with the movies and get upset when people try to justify certain changes from books to movies which eliminate major characters and events that defined the story and made it a story and not into a WAR movie!! grrr... Exploding Head Smilie So Angry Smilie Angry Elf Smilie i mean... Boring Smilie
Not Tolkien either, but terribly good: Hannibal, by Thomas Harris. People keep telling me the film is really really bad, but the book is really really awesome. Thumbs Up Smilie
Tommie, Hannibal was the weak link of the three movies; not talking 'bout the books, cause I haven't read them yet.
As for u, Tulkas, I'd recommend either anything by Tolkien (and I do mean anything! hehe) or u should try Dune, if u also like good SF!
I've read all three books and found each one to be extremely good and graphically horrific but Hannibal dragged on a bit too much. Weakest book of the three.

Film wise... I haven't seen Red Dragon yet. Silence of the Lambs was billiant. Hannibal was abysmal. The ending was changed completely.... and I mean completely!

I shall give Red Dragon a go but I suspect Silence of the Lambs will remain the best of the 3.
what a waste of Anthony (Great Welshman) Hopkins Talents, in the Red Dragon, he must a thought it was a cultural piece on his homeland or summat?- not the "let's flog another dead horse, ruin another good book" Cash-cow that HE ended up doing, shame on ye Tony!

So Angry Smilie
A few good books which will make you laugh r the Red Dwarf series..Red Dwarf Infinity Welcomes careful drivers , Better than Life, Backwards and Last Human. A fantastic set of books whaich will make you laugh and if yer a fan of the tv show then fills in alot of gaps check em out