Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: I need to get my girl back!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > I need to get my girl back!   [1] [2] >>
My girlfriend left me three weeks ago and I need to get her back. Her name is Claire Guildford (come on google index this) and she rightly left me because I was being an idiot.

I just took a taxi to two stores, bought both stores entire malteser chocolate stock, then bought flowers and paid the taxi to deliver them too her (small fortune). There was like 300 odd bags and boxes of chocolate! (Maybe not 300, but I get to exagerate because I am a man)

Can you guys and girls who all know me, tell her how much of an idiot I am, however that she should still take me back - and maybe one not so nasty thing about me which might convince her Smile Smilie
Hey, Claire, Tarrant is an idiot. I don't know what he's done, but he's a fool......

.... but he loves you, too, and he's a really generous person to each and every one of us here. You're lucky because you know him in the real world too, and I hope you like maltesers....

Go on, have him back. Make him have a tattoo saying, "I'm an idiot," on the back of his hand, or whatever it takes, but just say, "Yes." Making Out Smilie
I wonder if it has anything to do with you going to Oz for a year?

I could tell her you look cute in boxers. Would that help?
Erm... no because she is now probably going to assume you have actually seen me in my boxers! And no it's not over OZ, that was something I considered doing after she left me as a result of.
Aww... C'mon Claire Guildford - Taz is an idiot and he needs you back...
Quote:
Erm... no because she is now probably going to assume you have actually seen me in my boxers

Isn't that better than seeing you without your boxers......

OK, you are an idiot and she should have you back. On the plus side, girls, Taz is now available..... form an orderly queue.....
Aww Tazzy.... Come here. Sad Smilie *gives Tarrant a good, loooong, warm hug*

Vee, you are twice his age. Shoo! Shooo!! Bad bunny! Baaaaad bunny!
Have you tried actually saying "sorry"?

Oh and advice for the future... "A woman is never wrong, and when she is, never point it out to her. However men are always wrong, even when they're not."
I was merely offering to organise things so that everyone got a turn. Nothing in it for me, oh no no no........

I think Taz should do a round the world PT Tour and visit various members in all the different countries. That should take his mind off things. I'm sure there would be volunteers to host him.

Wiggle Smilie
Ahh, Claire, Taz has just been a bit of a clod, he can't help acting stupid everyonce in a while.

But you don't want to get rid of him for that. He really is a nice guy, we've known him for quite a while and he has always been a great person.
And after all, Ms. Claire, he tried to say "I love you" in chocolate, but the bags just got mixed up so they spelled out whatever it was that made you think he was an idiot.

Our Taz is a warm loving young man, who once in a while does something obsessive, like look at this Website, and then consider the friends he has here. Of course if he spent all his rent money on that chocolate it must be love, In Love Smilie for any male in his right mind would have spent it on beer. Alcoholic Smilie
Elk Grinning Smilie
You have to talk to her Taz! Talk to her, be honest, be sincere, and if you made a mistake, don't be too big to admit it!

Good luck Taz!
Elf Winking Smilie
Thats right Tazz !!! Comon Claire, give him another chance!!! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Claire, any man who can admit that he was an idiot is a truly caring and responsible guy. And he sent you tons of chocolate!!!!! That has to mean something!!! I know you can forgive him!!! Taz is a really cool guy and you know it!! Cool Smilie Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
Our Taz is a warm loving young man, who once in a while does something obsessive, like look at this Website, and then consider the friends he has here. Of course if he spent all his rent money on that chocolate it must be love, for any male in his right mind would have spent it on beer.

I

Come on Claire, have him back! You would never forgive yourself if you let him go... He's a really nice guy, and all that chocolate does show he loves you like mad. Even though he's an idiot, you know you love him, I'm sure. Animated Wink Smilie
Report back, Taz, is any of this helping yet? Paranoid Smilie
Don't know, she won't talk to me Smile Smilie

And for all the people who keep on telling me to just talk to her and say sorry, OH PLEASE, as if I haven't tried to do this over a thousand times in the past three weeks... it's *not* working and I am not that much of an ass that I wouldnt of tried to apologise Animated Wink Smilie
Heh friend, hate to say it, but if talking, and being honest isnít working, you may be up a certain creek without a paddle. Man you must have really done something?

If she wonít talk with you, maybe you need to give her a little space, and some time to cool off, and then maybe try again? Good luck bro!
Elf Smilie
Well, I guess we can just keep on saying what a wretch you are. Very Big Grin Smilie

Does you girlfrien come to PT and read the forums?
I think she should.

Quote:
Oh and advice for the future... "A woman is never wrong, and when she is, never point it out to her. However men are always wrong, even when they're not."

So true, so true.........
Hey Taz, I know I had a little giggle earlier but I didn't mean to sound heartless. However, through experience I know that loving someone and being a 'good' person doesn't mean they will love you. Either they do or they don't and if something has changed then you will have one helluva job changing it back. Chemical reactions are not always reasonable and they can work against you as well as for you.

It's so annoying when you know you are right for someone but they just won't see it.

HUGS for all those who have loved and lost.

You have to wait till a girl cools down from her anger with you before you try to win her back. In a while she will miss you too and that is the time to strike! If you try straight afterwards, she will get even more angry with you.
Got to give you ten out of ten for effort though, Taz. I'd have given up by now, got blind drunk a few times, and hopefully have found someone else.
Smile Smilie I think it's time for me to just take the hint.
Girlfriends...

::begin rant::

Those creatures with their innate, moral highgrounds. So Angry Smilie
it's a tactic inherent among GF's everywhere...
Indicative of the years of study afforded under their mothers' tutelage on how to build a better mantrap.
Unless you enjoy living in a state of perpetual apology, Tarrant, i'd give 'serial monogamy' a shot.
It'll still give you that warm, fuzzy feeling. Promise. Commitment is a commodity of ever-diminishing value, my friend.

::end rant::
Well that's girlfriends, mothers, future girlfiends and future mothers offended in your first post (or second maybe).

Welcome to PT.
I borrowed the following joke from Car Talk, where I heard it on their broadcast yesterday morning. I think it is more apropos here than in the joke section of the Prancing Pony.

Quote:
Husband-Mart

A store that sells husbands has just opened in Ottawa where a woman may go to choose a husband from among many men. The store is comprised of 6 floors, and the men increase in positive attributes as the shopper ascends the flights.

There is, however, a catch. As you open the door to any floor you may choose a man from that floor, but if you go up a floor, you cannot go back down except to exit the building.

So a woman goes to the shopping center to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs. The woman reads the sign and says to herself, "Well, that's better than my last boyfriend, but I wonder what's further up?" So up she goes.

The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids. The woman remarks to herself, "That's great, but I wonder what's further up?" And up she goes again.

The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 -These men have jobs, love kids and are extremely good looking. "Hmmm, better" she says. "But I wonder what's upstairs?"

The fourth floor sign reads: Floor 4 -These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking and help with the housework. "Wow!" exclaims the woman, "very tempting. BUT, there must be more further up!" And again she heads up another flight.

The fifth floor sign reads: Floor 5 -These men have jobs, love kids,are extremely good looking,help with the housework and have a strong romantic streak. "Oh, mercy me! But just think... what must be awaiting me further on?" So up to the sixth floor she goes.

The sixth floor sign reads: Floor 6 -You are visitor 3,456,789 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.

Thank you for shopping Husband Mart and have a nice day.
A call-Taz-an-Idiot-thread? How fun...

Oh I get it now. Taz is no idiot, he is a fine fellow, but like all men he will stuff up an amazing amount of times. So Claire, you will find none better than Taz, who's predicament has led me out of my posting hibernation. Good luck to the both of you.
Ha Ha Ha Smilie Love that joke, Grondy!

Welcome back, Plastic! Who'd of thought you could actually be nice? You have changed a little after all then... Animated Wink Smilie

What hint are you going to take Taz? Oh whatever, just make sure you get back together again! Thumbs Up Smilie
The hint that, maybe no matter how much I aplogise or am sorry for my mistakes, and tell her that... she might just *not actually want to be with me* anymore.. that hint Smile Smilie - So anyway yeah, I have told her I am sorry countless times and I know in my heart I mean it. I have told her I want to fix our relationship and begged for forgiveness, now I guess it's time to just let it go and if she wants to get back with me she will, else she wont.
Accepting that is the first stage in getting over someone, Taz. You obviously care a great deal about Claire but often good things do indeed come to an end. If you feel it is truely over, try not to get too down about it. Get out as soon as possible and meet someone else. The first few might not be the right ones, but they will make you feel better. After a while you will come across someone who will make you feel as though a breath of spring air as washed over you.

Good luck, mate. (If the worse comes to the worse, come over to Boston and I'll introduce you to my step-daughter.... No, on second thoughts, she breaks everyone's hearts).
Sorry for helping three pages late but
Quote:
Hey, Claire, Tarrant is an idiot. I don't know what he's done, but he's a fool......

.... but he loves you, too, and he's a really generous person to each and every one of us here. You're lucky because you know him in the real world too, and I hope you like maltesers....

Go on, have him back. Make him have a tattoo saying, "I'm an idiot," on the back of his hand, or whatever it takes, but just say, "Yes."

what val said
Well whatever happens Taz, all the best to you! Hey, at least on the bright side, youíll always have your friends here at PT!
Happy Elf Smilie
Yeah, good luck there, Taz. It this really is the end of the relationship I hope someone else comes your way soon!
Thanks you lot, it's much appreciated.
Sad Smilie I feel for ya Taz!!! Very Sad Smilie
Forget her dude. Go buy go to a club, put your beer goggles on and find some hot bird. Let's face it they all look hot with beer goggles. Hell you'll probably make more sense to your self than most women. Plus on the bright side you can now throw all cushons and pot pourri out of your flat, start eating real man food again and whilst farting give it marks out of ten instead of having to appologise.
Hehehe. Ha Ha Ha Smilie Im with Ross on this one. Dont you all just love the way he looks at things?!?!? Tongue Smilie But seriously. You've done all you can Taz. I dont know what you did to tick her off but if she wont even talk to you then there isnt much you can do. Just give her space. If she's really fair and wants to work things out then she'll come find you. Otherwise, its not worth losing sleep over if you know what I mean. It seems that you've done so much to make it up to her. If she cant even acknowledge that, then maybe she doesnt deserve you. Hope everything works out for you , whatever happens. Wink Smilie
Moderator Smilie Please watch your language peoples.

Thank you.
*Plastic stares at an English dictionary and wonders what it will do if he watches it long enough* Wink Smilie
Thankyou Ringfacwen, very wise words indeed.
You're very welcome Taz. Good luck with everything. Smile Smilie
Over a month and still no word? You are to good for her, my dear fluffy fraggle. Ringy is right of course. You have done what you can. I hope all that chocolate made her really really fat and gave her a real stomach ache! Paranoid Smilie

We need to find you a nice, PT-approved fraggle girl. I hear Red broke up with Gobo and Uncle Mac has a really pretty daugther hidden away from the cameras in Fraggle Rock! No rush though, take you time

You'll be alright Taz. At least you know everybody in here loves you.
Go on Taz get in there my son. Go and find a new bird. One who isn't going to rip your heart out of your strange little donkey. Serching Smilie
Ross is right, apart from the Donkey thing, whatever that is, I'm sure it's illegal everywhere apart from Tennessee... Wink Smilie (apologies to all Tennesseeans here, just a joke) go out and get yourself a little fresh blood Tazzy mate, and if you still get Claire back eventually, you can always tell her you were "on a break".

and when did you get a Donkey Taz?
What Taz went and bought a strange little donkey?
what!! stil the same girl? still fighting? GO MARRY HER Angel Smilie
Disregard that last comment. We all know what happens when you get married, just ask Val!
Strange Little Donkey where are you going? *stranglers smiley*
Makin' fun of Tennesseeans there, Plastic??? I think I am the only one here from Tennessee, but your joke doesn't bother me. I wasn't born in Tennessee. Animated Wink Smilie
  [1] [2] >>