Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Lost Souls

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Lost Souls   << [1] [2]
Loni - she has posted - look up above your post...... there she is!
I noticed the name MelliotSandybanks on a lot of the earlier posts, I love that very Hobbitish name, but I noticed also that she/he has not posted in awhile. Has she/he gone to the Virtual Halls of Mandos? Isn't that person a Council Member?
Mellie dropped into the chatroom for a few minutes last Friday. She has been away on vacation (Disney World Smile Smilie ) and is now quite busy getting her son settled into a new school. She has also taken up a couple of new activities with her family. She promises to be back as soon as things settle down in the fall.
yep, she is one of the council members.
Arrrh, lovely Mellie, along with Nell she is the heart of this lil web site(give her my love when you see her next Nell)
Quote:
Loni - she has posted - look up above your post...... there she is!

Alas, I am blind!!!!!!!!
when did the site apply for family friendly status?or did it always have family friendly status?
Quote:
when did the site apply for family friendly status?or did it always have family friendly status?
In anwer to the above I was able to find the following:

Taz posted on 27/5/2003 at 13:27
Quote:
I just got an email from the folks at FamilyFriendlySites.com, a group who's mission is to support the online safety of family members using the Internet. They appropriately offer websites a designation that will be easily recognized by family members and other Internet users.

Planet-Tolkien was approved and has been made available in the FFS Directory.

You can find our logo of affiliation at the bottom of the left hand navigation bar.

Well done PT council!
That said, I believe we have always operated under similar guidelines. FamilyFriendlySites.com merely accepted us under their umbrella, tent, or into their fold (if you'd rather have the sheep simile). Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
Arrrh, lovely Mellie, along with Nell she is the heart of this lil web site

I couldn't agree more, Rhodry, but what does that make me? Val, the armpit of PT Very Big Grin Smilie
Armpit? Well I figured you where part of the brain, with all the endless amount of information you are able to find and share. But you can be the armpit if you want to. I can be a hemorrhoid, so that I can be a pain in behind for everybody when I don't get what I want. *hehehe* Very Evil Smilie Well I'd rather have a nicer role. Maybe a part of the creative side of the brain, if Taz isn't using it all. Wink Smilie

Had a long chat with Mellie on MSN the other day, played games and had fun. Lord_aragorn86 is alive and well too, got an e-mail and he has even posted in "describe the person.." thread and I am waiting for a good old snail mail letter from him to drop into my mail box. Smile Smilie
Lord_Aragorn has sent an email but if Sheryl, Louise, Jess or Flo didn't get it I can forward you a copy. Or Amarie can.
Quote:
Lord_Aragorn has sent an email but if Sheryl, Louise, Jess or Flo didn't get it I can forward you a copy. Or Amarie can.

Yep, I got it this time. Hopefully the others did too. Smile Smilie Just give me a hint if you didn't.

(Quote added by Vee because this post started a new page and no one would know what Amarie was talking about without going back a page...)
Quote:

Please do Amarie, or V! Smile Smilie I miss that him, don't think he is getting my emails either. Sad Smilie
Your wish is my command, lady F! Sent to the horsie addy Smile Smilie
I also miss my friends with whom I had so pleasent conversations, but I guess things change... It's the net nature! I do miss Aire, Aule, Elda/Cale, Mellie, Ross and Remi... It's good Vir is still around so we can have some polemycs on "How slow and painfull should the death of Feanor have been?" and other nice subjects! ; )
Quote:
I miss that him, don't think he is getting my emails either.

Hey thanx for missing me, LF. Dunno wat would have happened if u hadn't missed me and instead the bullet had hit me? Jokes apart, yes, I haven't been getting ur mails either. I'm missing u too, honey.

And yeah, I'm "back" in a way. I'm able to access this site using the comps in my institute but then not too frequently. I'll keep posting messages at the taverns since I've not much time for serious stuff out here.
Having a quick look on the site, I found out some of the members still remember me and even wonder where I had gone.

Well, a lot of things happened since I joined PT. I have a daughter now, who soon will be two years old and actually all my free time at home goes to her. Within a few months she will have a little brother or a little sister, so this means even less free time for me. We moved to a bigger place, which means I have to spend more time cleaning. At work I have piles and piles of work to do and we moved to a big room, which means there are several people looking at me (and my computer) all day and that makes it more difficult to sneak off to PT during work.

But, I will try to stop by once in a while.

And now I would like to end by welcoming all new members who haven't met me yet!
Quote:
Hey thanx for missing me, LF. Dunno wat would have happened if u hadn't missed me and instead the bullet had hit me? Jokes apart, yes, I haven't been getting ur mails either. I'm missing u too, honey.

I'll practice my aim. Hehe, I'll just send you private msgs to your PT account then LA, ok? Smile Smilie
Anyways, I understand your situation, Gnampie, and congratulations on the baby! I hope you can spend more time here when things settle down for you. Take care. Smile Smilie
Yeah Gnampie - conga rats on the babies....... been there, done that, got the t-shirt.......

Sneak back whenever you can!
Good to see you still know where to find us, Gnampie Wink Smilie

Keep in touch.
sorry i havnt been posting for a week or two or three.but i assure you,to your immeasurable pain,
I AINT GONE!
Alright, you ain't gone. Darn. Hold off the party. Just joking! Glad to see you're still here (and not gone in the first place, not that I noticed. But I didn't mean that in a bad way!). So you're here! We can still have the party! THat you're still here! Hellooooo, Pizza Hut? I'd like.......
Of our older members, we seem to be missing Ithil, Morambar, Maydmarion, Elrose and Miruvor.

How ironic that I, of all people, have to point this out.
I wondered a few days ago about Elfstone, does he still moderate or is he a "lost soul"? Could he be wandering in the background......
Since I have "returned", I haven't noticed Eruwen, Rhapsody, Vee, Amarie, Rednell, Stonehelm, Rhodry, Elfstone, Loni, LA86 and TerriJayne around. Am I missing something, or did aliens finally come to PT and steal everyone? Thank God they didn't get Grondy or, heaven forbid, our resident everything-expert Virumor! What is going on????!!!! Seriously, where did everyone go? I've been showering regularly, so I know it's not my stench upon returning that drove everyone off. Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
Since I have "returned", I haven't noticed Eruwen, Rhapsody, Vee, Amarie, Rednell, Stonehelm, Rhodry, Elfstone, Loni, LA86 and TerriJayne around.

Rednell, AmariŽ and Vee are still around when they can... Eruwen, Stonehelm, Rhodry, LA86 and Rhapsody still visit sporadically; Loni did not return after her lost account got revived; as for Terrijayne and Elfstone, they seem to have left the forum...
I know...these days it seems nobody except a few of the old "regulars" are ever on.. Orc Sad Smilie And there arent that many promising new members to be seen..it seems like PT is slowly dwindling.. Elf Confused Smilie Ignore Smilie Super Scared Smilie Shocked Elf Smilie Orc Sad Smilie
Quote:
And there arent that many promising new members to be seen..

Says who ??..That's an insult to all new members Moderator Smilie treat all members with respect instead of dwelling about the past .I'm sure PT will stay on
Indeed, we have had some very insightful posts from new members. In fact, the latest Posts of the Whenever were awarded to new members.

Keep in mind that some members over the years have moved on due to finding love, jobs and more than a couple of newborns. A lot of our members have moved on from teenagers to universtiy students. This is just a natural progression of life. I am just proud that PT was part of that life for however a long or short period of time that it may have been.

It is a very special treat when they drop in once and awhile, as Rhapsody did this weekend.

PT still has a strong and loyal membership, which continues to evolve as readers discover J R R Tolkien for the first time.
The reality things simply cannot remain forever the same.Or we'd all still be having fun as grade three students in the playground.I feel grieved that I did not have the h onor of personally meeting most of the ones that are missing. But I have taken the time to review old threads and get to know them that way and it is wonderful and encouraging.
As for the rest of us we can simply, when on, give our very best, help to make it as interesting as possible so new people will want to join and some that were wavering might hang on a little longer.
It can in the end become even stronger than ever. Although I put in motion that Grondy and Vir and a few others may not leave until they are quite dead. Any one to second that motion?
Aye! I do, LeeLee!
Good to see you, Ethy and Nell! Glad to know you're around still. Thank you Vir for clearing that up for me, though I will say that's a shame about Loni. Yes, I am afraid that what Nell said is correct...life goes on and all. I myself had another baby and moved and lots of miscellaneous stuff happened in the months I was gone, but always PT was in the back of my mind. I will just be content to see everyone around whenever they can make it...
As far as the contributions that the newbies make-they bring in fresh air with them and will keep PT thriving as long as the internet is still legal. God knows that someday they'll outlaw that, too. Besides, when new people get here, it means fresh meat! Very Evil Smilie Mwahahahaha!
I sent some newbies out for groceries to restock the larder of the Khazad-dŻmish Inn and they seem to have absconded with the funds in addition to the rest of the Role Playing members.
My, that is too bad Grondy dear. (I have no idea what you are talking about , yet it seems so intriguing and I do love a good intrigue.)
As for newbies being 'new meat' I suddenly feel like any of us here less than six months will soon find ourselves on a slave galley ship headed for dark places. I shudder and am at least grateful I do know how to belly dance.I do wish to live a little while and if it worked for Sheherazade......
Slave ship?!? Uh, oh..! And I in no way resemble Sheharazade!

I wondered what happened at your Inn, Grond, I was reading that thread and then it seemed to stop. Do you have a posse to send out?
Quote:
Since I have "returned", I haven't noticed Eruwen, Rhapsody, Vee, Amarie, Rednell, Stonehelm, Rhodry, Elfstone, Loni, LA86 and TerriJayne around.

Awww... My dear Lady L, I am still around. But I don't have the time to be here as often as I did. I check the forum to make sure everybody is behaving nicely, and make a post or two when I have the time. But my days of being online 24/7 are over.

Quote:
Of our older members, we seem to be missing Ithil, Morambar, Maydmarion, Elrose and Miruvor.

I never liked that Miruvor fellow anyway. Wink Smilie
Big Laugh Smilie Mir/Vir Where are you?
Ama!
She lives!
At least there's still one goddess to worship! (Cue Vee)
Anyway, Vee, I was talking about fresh, delicious new people..makes your mouth water, doesn't it?
LeeLee, I suppose if you are so adept at bellydancing, then we'd better keep you around for entertainment purposes...especially if we're to take dear Grondy's hint and pop by the old Khazad-Dumish Inn for some olde-time fun...
Virumor...Miruvor...hmm...I wonder if that's the same person... Dunce Smilie

Hey, does Plastic still haunt us from time to time? Or did he get the boot for being naughty? (Bad Plastic!)
Although I started in the traditional dance, ballet, Celtic etc I then became quite fascinated with belly dancing because of the way the muscles are controlled. It is amazing how you can focus on one muscle or group at a time and use them. But I do that in the privacy of my own home. I would have to walk the plank I guess. Too shy.However I might be spared as I told I am quite a fabulous cook, grew up with a family of restauranteurs, some who trained in Burgandy France. Who knows.
Or perhaps we that can think up stories of Middle-Earth each day can keep our heads for another day.
But Oh I wish I would have known all the originals. What a wondrous thing that would have been .
sniff sniff.
I have been thinking of our dear Grondy, seated on ten cushions atop a sturdy chair, little but noble dwarf he is, finishing up his income taxes, sent to him straight from Mordor. Smile Smilie
Hey what about that, is Mir the same as Vir. I was getting rather confused for a while.
Miruvor temporarily replaced Virumor after the latter's sudden, untimely death : Welcome back.
Plastic Squirrel popped in for a post about a year ago, but since he married he hasn't time for us.
Vee is still with us, but has been busy for a couple weeks; same with Val.
Rednell says she reads the threads most every day, but doesn't have the time to do much posting as she works such long hours in the real world.
Arco is back as Tyrhael.
  << [1] [2]