Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: songs...

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > songs...   
what are your favorite songs and singer?And what are you listening at the moment(if you are listening anything at all)?My favorite song is....hmmmm......it is......well......let's say-99red baloons.My favorite singer is........is........well it's a slovenian band called Avseniki.And at the moment i'm listening slovenian song Crne oci(black eyes). Wink Smilie
I think my favorite singer is Gavin DeGraw. I don't have a favorite song, but right now I'm listening to Mel C, "I Turn to You (remix)".
I listen to old music Right now I'm listing to me you and a dog named boo by ??cant remember??
My favourite song is "Shine On You Crazy Diamond (All Parts)" by "Pink Floyd" (How do you dare to think that it could be someone other than Pink Floyd anyways, eh???)

Right now, I'm listening to "Down In A Hole" by "Alice In Chains"
Aragorn-estel - I remember that song by Lobo...

Quote:
Me and you and a dog named boo
Travelin' and livin' off the land
Me and you and a dog named boo
How I love being a free man

And as for you Floyd-n-milan - what are you doing listening to something other than Pink Floyd? Tut tut!

At the moment I am listening to Run With the Pack by Bad Company. It's not my favourite but I sometimes like to indulge in some old rock.

One of my favourites which is about to play is......... Red Red Wine by UB40.
Hmm... Avseniki, eh? Wink Smilie
My favorite... I think all time songs are (can never decide between the two) Somewhere Around Nothing by Apocalyptica and Mad World by Michael Andrews, at the moment I'm listening to Nevermore - Evolution 169. Smile Smilie
Hey, V, don't be so harsh on me! I DO listen to many others and I love "Red Red Wine" by "UB40"
Dont forget Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack

And I gave a Honeray mention Leonard Nimoy & William Shatner - Ballad Of Bilbo Baggins Cause It's the most daring, and strange song Strange songs

Tiger_Eyes Wolf Smilie
Hey Elrohir that's SO COOL that you like a slovinian band! I love a lot of foreign stuff especially any soundtracks from Japan. What does Slovinian music sound like? Is it like techno and upbeat lke in Japan or is it hard rock or something?
Anyway I think my favorite song is.....hm.....I love so many.....from the popular stuff I think my favorite song would be Shimmer by Fuel or Runaway by Live. My favorite band would probably have to be Nickleback or the Beatles. Right now I'm listening to this singer called Josh Groban. He is SO talented. He has the most beautiful tenor voice nd he sings in like 4 different languages. Believe me, all of them sound so beautiful. If you've never heard him than try to look him up on the internet or someting and see if you can hear some of his songs. This very second I'm listening to a song in Italian called "Mi Mancherai." And by the way its kind of easy listening so if you like hard rock I wouldn't recommend it.
Queen - my fave band ever (with Depeche Mode coming closely second)
Queen's "The Show Must Go On" and DM's "When I Lose Myself"
Nothing at the moment, but as soon as I get back home... System of a Down - Aerials; Toxicity.
Oooo! I like Queen too! I don't know why I didn't realize I like Queen more than I thought I did. It's weird 'cuz I only realized I liked Queen a lot like 2 weeks ago.... I'm such a strange chicken! Chicken Smilie
in my opinion, Queen's music is mediocre, I mean it does have a good ebat and all, but I wouldn't call their music spectacular. The thing that makes them so god is the energy they put into their music, especially the live shows, and the way Freddie Mercury led the group.
I like Queen too. (i've already given i-aran my opinion on their music but here it is. I think that they're music is popular not only b/c of their energy but also b/c of the lyrics.) I like Korn, Good Charlotte and Linkin Park. I don't really have a favvorite song, probably because it changes every couple days.
I know this post probably doesn't have anything to do in here, but it's about a song, and I see no reason to start a new thread, as this is only an observation from my side.

Just finished watching an old episode of The X-files, and the strangest thing occurred; the song at the end of the episode is 99% similar to the song playing when Frodo and Sam run out of Mount Doom.
There I sat, humming along as the song keeped on playing..just thought it was a little weird, that's all.
Well, my favorite artist would be Keith Urban, SHeDAISY, Chely Wright, Joe Nichols, Rachel Proctor, The Carter Family, Sarah McLachlan, Alison Krauss, Loretta Lynn, Loreena McKennitt, or October Project. Sorry ofr the long list, but it's hard for me to decide. Favorite Song: "Punishment" by SHeDAISY, "Strong as the Oak" by Rachel Proctor, "Into the West" by Annie Lennox, "Coal Miner's Daughter" by Loretta Lynn, "Raggle Taggle Band of Gypsies" by Nickel Creek & The Chieftains, or "Ariel" by October Project. I'm listening to E.R. right now, and now I'm going to watch it.
Sebastian Bach is probably the best singer I have ever heard. his range is unbelievable and his vibrato gives me chills when i listen to him with headphones on.
Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian) has a very mention-worthy voice as well...BG have an album called "Nightfall In Middle-Earth", based on the Sillmarillion. Not sure if any of you like that stuff though.
I think everyone in here knows Blind Guardian. But lesser known are Summoning's Lugburz, Dol Guldur and Minas Morgul albums which are also based on JRRT's works, not to mention Battlelore's Sword Song and Where the shadows lie albums.

Worth checking out for Tolkienite metalheads.

And if you don't like it, just keep on listening to Enya... (:-P
haha cool...yeah i know all those albums (bar enya of course!)
battelore is a little over the top for me though.
Blind Guardian is a great band!!! I love "Nightfall in Middle-earth"!
Blind Guardian isn't all that great.. Sorry people!
Nightwish, however! Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie They have Tolkien themed songs too. And they rule!
I agree about Blind Guardian, but Nightwish doesn't really have any Tolkien themed songs. There's only Elvenpath, in which JRRT speaks himself, but the song itself isn't really about his writings.

Anyway, currently my favourite band is another Finnish band, Battlelore : 100% Tolkien themed music.

Of course, there's also the Tolkien Ensemble but that's not really my taste now. And i won't even mention Enya.
Favorite song...hmmm...that's a tough one...I would have to say Let It Be -- (The Beatles, of course).

Favorite singer...ooooo...I would say that Freddie Mercury from Queen is a pretty amazing singer. I don't know if he's my favorite, I guess I don't really have a favorite, but he's pretty incredible.

I'm listening to Remy Zero at the moment.
my favorite song is from shakira:the one

So I find a reason to shave my legs
Each single morning
So I count on someone
Friday nights to take me dancing
And then to church on Sundays
To plant more dreams
And someday think of kids
Or maybe just to save a little money
You're the one I need
The way back home is always long
But if you're close to me
I'm holding on
You're the one I need
My real life has just begun
Cause there's nothing like
Your smile made of sun
In a world full of strangers
You're the one I know

So I learn to cook
And finally lose my kitchen phobia
So I've got the arms to cuddle in
When there's a ghost or a muse
That brings insomnia

To buy more thongs
And write more happy songs
It always takes a little help from someone
I always listen LINKIN PARK,EVANESCENCE
Amazing Grace !! But singer ? Marvin Gaye or Stevie Wonder.
Ever heard of Eva Cassidy ? Beautyfull voice Angel Smilie
favorite song? that's impossible!

favorite bands? that's impossible too...i like Pink Floyd, Ozzy, all those great 90's bands like STP, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, . I love Heart (probably my fav), Metallica, Creed, Pearl Jam, Velvet Revolver, 3 Doors Down, ....and on and on I could go..but I won't Smile Smilie bye!
Just listened to Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde and now I'm having on Faith No More - Easy.

Oh, and btw: I really didn't know the Professor himself is talking in Nightwish's Elvenpath, Vir!!! Shocked Elf Smilie That makes me like the song even more; Nightwish I already love, so... *shrugs*

Namarie!