Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hi!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Hi!   
Hi! What's up?! I'm brand new here and just havin' fun lookin' around! =P Like most around here, I am obsessed with The Lord of the Rings and everything that has to do with it. I am not finished reading the books. I'm only about 130 pages in the first installment. But nonetheless, I have seen the movies and love them to death. =) Yay Frodo! (my favorite as you can probably tell).
Yes, we can! Smile Smilie heehee. That's the third time I've seen you mention Frodo, and seeing as you've only had three posts so far, well....... Well, you read those books, and you will be able to participate more in this site. you know, the discussion, and all sorts of stuff. Next stop: The Hobbit, the Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, Mr. Bliss, Farmer Giles of Ham, Tree and LEaf, Roverandom, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Pearl, and Sir Orfeo, Finn and Hengest, and the several other Tolkien books published. and THEN..... (am I putting you off?)
Welcome Loopin-tunnelly! I'd love to know what you think once you have read the books as there are somemajor differences between them and the films - especially Faramir. Don't be worried about asking questions. Enjoy!
Welcome Loopin-Tunnelly! have fun at PT! cya round,
arwen
Hi Loopin-tunnelly, welcome to Planet Tolkien. I hope you have a great time here. I'm sure you'll enjoy the books.
Hello Loopin-tunnelly. Welcome to P-T and enjoy yourself. Happy Elf Smilie
Hey, hey, Loopin-tunnelly. Welcome to Planet Tolkien, I hope you have a great time here!
Quote:
I'd love to know what you think once you have read the books as there are somemajor differences between them and the films - especially Faramir.

I second that, Vee.
Mae govanenn, Loopin-tunnelly! I hope you'll have a great time here; people are great on this site and I've enjoyed every time I came in!

Quote:
Well, you read those books, and you will be able to participate more in this site. you know, the discussion, and all sorts of stuff. Next stop: The Hobbit, the Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, Mr. Bliss, Farmer Giles of Ham, Tree and LEaf, Roverandom, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Pearl, and Sir Orfeo, Finn and Hengest, and the several other Tolkien books published. and THEN..... (am I putting you off?)

Among the other books, it's worth mentioning The History of Middle-earth, The Letters of JRR Tolkien, "The Monsters and the Critics" and other essayes... But all in their due time! The Hobbit and LotR should come first! Enjoy!

Namarie!