Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hi am am new 2!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Hi am am new 2!   << [1] [2]
Darn, the name thing didn't work...I'll have to attempt to change it later...
Well Met!

I just signed up last last night. I was ... persuaded ... by Rhapsody to joinup. Elf Winking Smilie Here I am! I like to write, and have already submitted my entry to the writing contest. Looks like fun here!

Rian
Rian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*tacklehugs Rian* Jumping Flame Smilie

Guys meet my co-author for some of my stories and 'partner in crime', Rian Ithilmir! Honey, feel welcome here. This is a nice site with lots of things going on. And very nice people too.
Welcome Rian_ithilmir !

Any friend of Rhapsody's is a complete nutter! See you in chat maybe.

Hey Loni - NO WAY!

Welcome Eruwen! I am the other V-Goddess and a Council Member.
-wen means maiden or young girl btw. Not lady. So it would be maiden of God.

And welcome Rian_ithilmir! Queen... moonjewel? Rhapsody seems to enjoy herself here, I hope you will too. Come by the chat room and say hello sometime. Nuttyness is a pluss, but not a demand. Smile Smilie

Quote:
Darn, the name thing didn't work...I'll have to attempt to change it later...

It's not that easy. Only our very busy King and webmaster Tarrant (mostly known as Taz) can do that. So you have to contact him.

Quote:
Hey Loni - NO WAY!

I second that. Case closed.
Hi all! Thanks for the welcome! Jumping Flame Smilie

I can be really silly sometimes, well, most of the time really... LOL! I figure it's more fun that way...

Thanks again! When I'm more awake, I'll look around more. Cat Smilie
Quote:
It's not that easy. Only our very busy King and webmaster Tarrant (mostly known as Taz) can do that. So you have to contact him.

Well, I suppose I can just leave it. Afterall, I just mean it in terms that she is fairly close to the gods...communicates well with them. Yeah, I know "-wen" means maiden. I guess I was thinking of it in terms of "maiden = woman (or lady in modern terms...but of course not medieval" but "woman does not always = maiden." Smile Smilie

Anyway, I'll just leave it...
Welcome to PT!
I know he's probably really busy, but I think I sent a message to Tarrant asking for permission to change my name. Rian_Ithilmir is my character's name in many of my stories, so when I signed up, I thought it would be a nice change of pace. But then, I thought, it's not my pen name, so it would confuse loads of people when I get to posting stories, or well, submitting stories (which was another question I had for Tarrant). [thinks] Gods, a very Tolkien-esque sentence! [/thinks]

Anyhoo... my question is... should I expect a reply from him soonish? Or do I need to ask someone else?

Rian_Ithilmir's author - Isil Elensar
Hy there you new bunch of inventive PT members!! I wish you many fun hours here. Join up everywhere and share the fun!!!! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
O.C.C. Rian- you will probably have to wait for Tarrant to anwser, he is usualy very busy.
Welcome to our favorite website Rian_ithilmir, I'm happy to have you here. Happy Elf Smilie

Usually a PM to Tarrant will get a quicker action than an email, which can get lost amongst all the SPAM.
Not to look and sound totally ignorant... but, how do I go about PM'ing Tarrant? What I did was use one of the little mithril mails I get everyday, put in a new subject line, and sent it back with my questions in the body...

Rian_Ithilmir's author... Isil Elensar
Hi Rian_ithilmir! Hope you enjoy Planet-Tolkien! Wink Smilie
Quote:
Not to look and sound totally ignorant... but, how do I go about PM'ing Tarrant? What I did was use one of the little mithril mails I get everyday, put in a new subject line, and sent it back with my questions in the body...

Yes, that works. But if you want to send an original message, then have a look at the menu to the left under 'Your Account.' Click on 'Messages.' It takes you to your PMing inbox. Then click 'Send Message' which should be under the list of mail. Then you have to select the user's username, and all that. That help?

Welcome, by the way! Jumping Flame Smilie Wiggle Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Big Smile Smilie Wink Smilie Birthday Smile Smilie Pary Smilie
Quote:
What I did was use one of the little mithril mails I get everyday, put in a new subject line, and sent it back with my questions in the body...

That is exactly what I would have done myself. Smile Smilie

Besided that, I suggest you take a look at 'help' under 'your account'. There is a lot of good info there. Also about how to submit stories to us. Smile Smilie
I can attest to that, it is there!! Just read the FAQ or use thehelp function to the left just above logout. If it still confuses you let me know, you know where to find me Wink Smilie
Welcome n00bs! Smoke Smilie
Welcome to PT, Rian and all the other newbies I may have missed....
cya round!
arwy
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. Pumpkin Smilie

What I've managed to look at so far is pretty good. I haven't yet been able to spend too much time touring the site (work gets in the way), but I shall once I have the free time. should be Sunday. Wiggle Smilie
WELCOME!!!! (I forgot to put in my bit).

Quote:
Besided that, I suggest you take a look at 'help' under 'your account'. There is a lot of good info there. Also about how to submit stories to us.

I've have to have a look in there, even though it's long overdue just to see if I've missed anything. LOL!!!! I haven't even given that link a second thought!!!!
Does anyone know what the turn-around is after one submits a story to the PTB (erm, umm, Powers-That-Be)? And will they let you know, or do I just go over to find out?

I submitted a story yesterday...

Juggling Smilie

Thanks!
Which one Isil?
'Priceless Treasure' Elf Winking Smilie

I was going to submit 'Daisy...' since that was my first ever story written in the fandom, but I went with Faramir. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie

Isil Elensar... Rian Ithilmir's author, rampant
Rian_ithilmir: I don't think there is any historical time frame and they are just getting it going again; however, you should receive a courtesy reply acknowledging your submital. That said, your question might better be asked in the Writers Guild, for not everyone gets to the Taverns everyday. If you can't find an appropriate existing thread to tag on to, start a new one Happy Elf Smilie.
Good for you submitting the story!!! I'm sure the PTB will get back to you! (PTB, LOL!!) Just be patientical. (Some of them read real sloooow...LOL!!! Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie )
Quote:
Good for you submitting the story!!! I'm sure the PTB will get back to you! (PTB, LOL!!)

Thanks! I hope I hear something soon. I wrote it maybe a week ago, I think, after a particularly rampant plotbunny clamped onto my ankle. Jumping Flame Smilie Smile Smilie

You know, as soon as I wrote PTB, I went back and thought, 'someone might thing that means "Planet-Tolkien Board" or something, so I had to clarify. Big Laugh Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Angel Smilie
Hello everybody I just signed up and decided to say hello. Cool Smilie
Welcome Mike627. Smile Smilie

Rian: For questions about the competition go to "Writing Competition FAQ" (Click here).

But since I am around and Val is away: Grondy is right. You send in the story and we will let you know that is has arrived and not gotten lost in the junk mail or something. Then you just have to wait in agony til the winner is announced. Wink Smilie
Amarie,

Isil has sent in two stories: one for the competition, one for the fanfic section on this site. I actually have read Priceless Treasure (which is not the entry for the competition) and that story brought tears to my eyes. If I read what Isil wrote correctly, she wondered how long it will take before a story gets into the fan fiction section. Now with Val on his honeymoon, I gather it will take a bit longer then usual yes?
Well met Mike627!

I hope you have a great time here!
Amarie wrote:
Quote:
But since I am around and Val is away: Grondy is right. You send in the story and we will let you know that is has arrived and not gotten lost in the junk mail or something. Then you just have to wait in agony til the winner is announced

LOL! I already submitted the story I wrote for the competition. This is another one, and just for the fan writing section. Got the notification today... Thanks, tho! Winking Smilie
Welcome to the site Rian and Mike.

I only got back from honeymoon late last night, Rian, and found your story this morning. I have forwarded it to a panel of judges who will decide if it is acceptable for our Fan Fiction section. Hopefully they will let me know their decisions in a short while. Nice story, by the way.
Ooooo! Welcome back Val Smile Smilie
Quote:
I only got back from honeymoon late last night, Rian, and found your story this morning. I have forwarded it to a panel of judges who will decide if it is acceptable for our Fan Fiction section. Hopefully they will let me know their decisions in a short while. Nice story, by the way.

Welcome back! Nice to meet you, and thanks x3!
honeymoon eh? sounds like fun! Smile Smilie Alas i'm a few years from that moment yet... Congrats and goodluck with the future Val!
Welcome back Val! I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon!

Oh and Turin! I love your avatar!
Well when you said Powers That Be (in plural) I figured you ment the council and thus the competition. There are now 3 very different ways of submitting a story which involves e-mail and 2 that doesn't, it does help a poor little CM and stressed out bachelor of engineering student in her final year (me, in case somone was wondering) if you ask a little clearer. Wink Smilie
Quote:
it does help a poor little CM and stressed out bachelor of engineering student in her final year (me, in case somone was wondering) if you ask a little clearer.

Sorry... Will try to do that next silly question I have. Very Big Grin Smilie
Ah Turin!! i See that the avatar you picked. I am glad i found a pic that suits you. If you wish to know, the man on the picture is Rhaegar, from George Martins books, a Song of Ice and Fire. He is the king's son and a fiercome fighter, but in this battle(on the pic) he perishes by the hand of Robert Bartheon. He is from the house of Targrayen, a old house that has a red three headed dragon for its banner. You should see the rest of the pic. Its great. You could probably find it on www.GeorgeMartin.com, his home page.
Hi Mike627, welcome to our forum, hope to see you around here a lot. Happy Elf Smilie
  << [1] [2]