Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Writing Contest

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Writing Contest   
Okay, I didn't know where else to post this, so I'm gonna put it here. Tongue Smilie

I'm getting anxious to know how my entry did. Will those who entered be given a note/heads-up or something before the 25th? Or is that when everyone finds out?

Call me silly enough to ask this... Tigger Smilie

Isil Elensar... Rian Ithilmir's rampant author at large
I think most who have entered are eager to know how they did... at least I am. Smile Smilie Just a few more days!
We'll let you all know as soon as possible. Smile Smilie
I was wondering about this thing too! When are we getting the results btw?
Competition!!!

Then
7) Entries must be received by Midnight GMT, December 1st 2004. The winner will be selected by Christmas 2004.

Getting a bit bouncy... Jumping Flame Smilie
I just wanted to say that I sincerely wish you all luck in the ensuing days of anticipation and hope that you all will be pleasantly surprised by the outcome of the competition!!!
Well you know.... I am very very proud of this story and it is so hard not to share or being tightlipped about it (I am trying so hard not to say too much). For me entering was the most fun, whomever wins I will throw a party with Big Smile Smilie
They're working on it, we haven't forgotten! So stay tuned for further developments. Same time, same station, er same channel, er same url. Christmas Tree Smilie
Quote:
I think most who have entered are eager to know how they did... at least I am. Just a few more days!

My sincerest apologies Rhapsody, for being a bit of a slacker. I was quite busy at the beginning of the month when I should have been writing to our chosen judges. To compensate for this, and ensure they have enough time to make a thorough decision, we have had to set the dead-line back a week to December 31st.

You all have permission to throw rotten veggies at me. In the meantime, have a great Christmas.
Merry xmas Val & the jury members, I think I will kidnap Rian Ithilmir + contestants other to a local pub nearby Wink Smilie No wait, this is in the Prancing Pony!! Christmas Smilie Christmas Tree Smilie
the suspense is killing me!! Exploding Head Smilie

i know i won't hear anything for another day, but i'm getting so antsy i think my dog is noticing...

Deal Smilie

Rian Ithilmir... who has to chase her author down from the rafters
I know.... it is getting hard. I am having a hard time to be silent about my story. I am also curious how many have entered, did Loni submit her story? What will be the jury report on my story... arrrgh!!

Ok, I am going to concentrate on my new story featuring Pippin. One more day!!
We are awaiting the nomination from the final judge and once we have that, we can announce the winner. It's so close I've chewed my finger nails off.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh Val!!! Jumping Flame Smilie

I need a pint of Ale....
Quote:
I need a pint of Ale....
Drop into the The Khazad-dumish Inn, I've set one up for you Rhapsody, just to take some of the edge off your anxiety.
I am not the only one awaiting the end-result.... Val if the jury is delayed, can we at least submit our stories to our boards where we usually publish them?
I simply cannot take this! I cannot!

Attention Final Judge: Don't make me hurt you. Exploding Head Smilie Only kidding, but seriously, turn in your choice, knucklehead!

Entrants: Again I wish you the best of luck!
Question Smilie Tell me there's a verdict! Tell me that I can post my story...

Tell me how I did, or I'll simply combust here on the spot! Jumping Flame Smilie

Smoke Smilie See?

Isil Elensar... Rian Ithilmir's very anxious author at large...

Exploding Head Smilie
Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie

And the winner is, after a very close race......

THE BONDING by Isil Elensar

Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie Read Smilie Juggling Smilie

Congratulations, Isil
my responses, in order of appearance...

ohmigod... no way... ohmigod

holy cow... really?... holy cow

Shocked Smilie Exploding Head Smilie Super Wow Smilie Exploding Head Smilie Shocked Smilie

Smile Smilie thank you! Smile Smilie
Question Smilie so now what do i do? oh! and how did my friend Rhapsody do? Question Smilie

'scuse me while i try to keep myself from falling from my chair... oh wow!

Wiggle Smilie
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!

Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie

My best friend won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dunce Smilie Pary Smilie
Whohoooooooooooooooo!

Such great news for someone who deserved to win!!!

I am so incredibly happy!!! And I have the absolute honour to upload the story to her personal website. In that sense I feel like I have won a tiny bit too... as her webmistress, as her writing partner in crime.....

Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Dunce Smilie Pary Smilie

So if you guys excuse me, I will drag Isil Elensar off for a real big party.
i'm still in shock...

where are those drinking smilies?? LOL! ;-)
Not sure how I can link to them here. They are up at your site though Wink Smilie

You won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pary Smilie Alcoholic Smilie
Congratulations Rian_ithilmir!! Well done! Pary Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Juggling Smilie Pary Smilie
[
Congratulations Rian_ithilmir! What a lovely start to the year.
Thanks Rhapsody, Rednell, and Vee... I just woke up and am still in a state of 'wow'. Smile Smilie

I think I'll be in this state for a while... LOL! Wink Smilie
Congratulations Rian! Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie

Here, have some err let's pretend it is champagne. Alcoholic Smilie