Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: New Year Resolutions

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > New Year Resolutions   
No one seems to have started one, so let me be the first to ask....

What are your New Year resolutions?

Mine, by the way, is the usual boring "gotta lose some of weight I've piled on over Christmas."
Writing more stories and even more important: completing some of my current ones Wink Smilie
I resolve to shake off the cobwebs and disappointments of 2004 and try harder to be satisfied with life. Also to buy an old motorhome, transform it into a 1970's Disco pallace on wheels, complete with disco ball, shag carpet and beaded curtains, and tour the country with my family for a month this summer!

Well, I can dream, can't I?
didn't you hear!? Dreaming has been banned in American starting '05... It's too destructive and causes to much procrastination, most importantly it doesn't further our childrens education and innovation.

By the way my resolution is to quit smoking. I've just recently quit nicotine about 2 months ago, now i have to work on that other stuff. I really don't want to, but the doc says i should... Sad Smilie My life is probably gonna make a drastic change sometime soon.
My advice: stop trying so hard and embrace life! {{{Laurelindhe}}} Friends are just around the corner you know!
To stop worrying about breaking skateboards!
Nyeeeeeeeeeehih! Resolutions! Horrible things! If i leave them alone they won't hurt me. I made a Tuesday resolution once........... Never got over the shock of it. Im glad to hear about dreaming being banned. The children don't need to be happy as long as they grow up to be productive and don't have those horrible.....................what are they called?.........Oh yeah, personalities. Who needs imagination i have to much work to make room for a life! And what's up with this whole fun thing? I guess it does help the economy in some cases. Fine keep your fun. But dreaming won't help increase the productivity of the sweat-shop workforce and won't help you learn enough to get a boring job you hate anyway, about time they outlawed it!

I got my 500th post! Finally!
My NY Resolutions....

1. To rule the world
2. Not to bungy jump
My New Year's resolutions? Ask again next year. I forgot them in the turbulent passing of the year.
To not worry about the big stuff that is beyond my means of correcting; and the same thing about the little stuff, because a hundred years from now, who will remember, or even care.
Quote:
To not worry about the big stuff that is beyond my means of correcting; and the same thing about the little stuff, because a hundred years from now, who will remember, or even care

Grondy, I really like your Resolution. Mine is similar, I am not going to worry about how things are going to work out, and just do what I can to make sure that my Frogboy and I have as good of a life as we can with Nala Puppy Smilie (our dog) and the cats Cat Smilie Cat Smilie Cat Smilie Cat Smilie Cat Smilie Cat Smilie Cat Smilie Cat Smilie Cat Smilie Cat Smilie
Pass all my exams with flying colours and get into all the extension classes next year. (I want to get into Oxford University. I hear they're tougher than your usual Waikato University standards).
Enjoy my life the same way as I did in the previous year!
My focus for this year (I too shudder at the word resolution) is to survive my upcoming career change. After nearly 14 years at the same job I've been attending night school to prepare for a different career (teaching). This fall I will have to quit my day job and student-teach from August through December. Sometimes I wonder if I'm insane for making such a big switch with so many other things on the line...marriage, 3 kids, leaving my current job for 5 months of no wages and a ton of bills, being 42 and not 24 like other student teachers. But I'm in too deep to turn back now. Sort of like Gandalf's words to Pippin, "its the deep breath before the plunge."
My "resolution" is to begin writing my grandma letters again. I realized how much I'll miss her when she is passed away and how fragile life is, since recently there was another cancer scare. Two years ago she almost died of cancer in two areas of her body. She told me then my letters mean so much to her, and since she means so much to me it's the very least I can do to keep in touch with her.